• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawwwwr! I'm a viking Rawwwwr! !

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/4: Vikings (History) will end with the upcoming 6th season, though the network is considering picking up a spinoff series.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching this one... almost done with season 1. So far so good. I like the fact there's an attempt to provide historical context for a period for which we don't have a lot of recorded history. I never got past the dragons & other crazy stuff in GOT. The battle scenes seem more realistic as well... no geysers of blood spraying everywhere.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching this one... almost done with season 1. So far so good. I like the fact there's an attempt to provide historical context for a period for which we don't have a lot of recorded history. I never got past the dragons & other crazy stuff in GOT. The battle scenes seem more realistic as well... no geysers of blood spraying everywhere.

Don't read this thread. Enjoy this great ride.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you watching the uncut BluRay version or the toned down History Channel version? The BluRays actually contain both versions... the uncut version has nudity and more gore.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching the uncut BluRay version or the toned down History Channel version? The BluRays actually contain both versions... the uncut version has nudity and more gore.

Not sure. It's on Amazon Prime. It's cut in a way that it's obvious where the commercials were, so maybe the toned down one ? No nudity so far either.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bjorn, man he just can't keep it in his pants. That dude goes through more chicks than Seinfeld.

Ubba has been great. The scene where he suggested maybe Tovi sit this one out and she shit's on it. I get it-you make a reasonable suggestion to a pregnant wife and she just peels your ears back. JP Smith sold the I'm defeated look with his eyes-Fimmel was a master at it but that was 100% Ragnar.

Hivertsek man he is just off the rails. Badass to just let him die. I don't understand the arc here. Guessing he doesn't last much longer.

Lagertha is about to fuck some shit up.

Ivar and the Russian dude. It's a side plot to give him something to do but the dude is such a psychopath that Ivar is kinda wtf right now. It's the final season big bad but I'm not sure what to think so far.

Bjorn with the invasion at the end. That was dumb as shit on his part. When they were swimming in Scandinavian water in the winter I was wondering how many of them were going to succumb to hypothermia. Fortunately they had a nice fire to warm them up. You knew him and Edge aren't going out that way but he pulled a Jon Snow type battle decision there

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me: Random character deaths, meh

Vikings: hold my mead.

giphy.gif

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer for final season (more specifically, the second half of season 6):

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the final episode of "The Vikings" last night. (I don't binge in the traditional sense and usually only watch a few episodes in a week.) What a run. Can't think of any other TV series that I enjoyed as much.

I heard a couple of years ago that Michael Hirst wanted to end the series with the Vikings reaching North America and looked forward to that happening. I wasn't disappointed.