• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings vs Hawks: Week 13 Thread

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they don't let off the gas. Bury them!

Looks like we're doing what we always do, making it closer than it should be.... @#^@#$ I hate mental mistakes.... Just gave um 7 points...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was what I was hoping for!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team just drives me crazy with how they gift teams when they have control ... It's a reoccurring theme and they gotta stop doing teams favors... DK hang onto the dam ball, you could a just went down and had the 1st and we could a killed the clock 4 more minutes...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punted away...up to our defense now.

Here's hoping they actually learned something after that last drive.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punted away...up to our defense now.

Here's hoping they actually learned something after that last drive.
Think it is up to the Seahawks offense to put this away, not the D.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it is up to the Seahawks offense to put this away, not the D.
Yes, normally that's true...
but at the time, our D was out there, and I'm just glad they got a little more aggressive this time. I always get nervous when it's this close this late in the game.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field goal good.

Now to hold 'em off for 21 seconds...

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumble recovery on the kick return???

Okay, we'll take that. :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good win. Clean out those turnovers and the outlook is nice.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st place in week 13 boys... On to take care of business with the Rams... A win would pretty much knock them out of a WC spot...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good win. Clean out those turnovers and the outlook is nice.

Even though we won I was soooooooo pissed..... You just can't be a charity and hand over points by not doing your job... Wasn't the McDougald that blew that coverage ? Looked like a cover 2 and he was the only guy deep and he just bails on his job, you just can't let that happen, let them make a play, don't hand it to them!! Then DK can't hang onto and easy catch and 1st down, it's just maddening how we let teams have a chance when we can just put the game away...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

My mood right now.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me we continue to win games when he make so many mistakes.

Penny continues to prove me wrong, i thought he ran hard and looked disgustingly fast

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team seems allergic to nice easy wins. OH well wins are wins. Everything we could dream of is still very much in front of us.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team just drives me crazy with how they gift teams when they have control ... It's a reoccurring theme and they gotta stop doing teams favors... DK hang onto the dam ball, you could a just went down and had the 1st and we could a killed the clock 4 more minutes...

In fairness to DK he doesn't have the advantage of seeing a big yellow line across the field like we do when we are watching on TV. So he couldn't know that he'd barely crossed the line to gain. It's easy for us watching at home to know that DK had probably gotten enough for the 1st down, but on the field with two tacklers pushing him back it would have been difficult for him to know for sure if he'd made it or not.

Plus, I know he's had fumble issues, but I think a lot of guys would have fumbled that ball last night. The hit came directly on the ball just as DK turned around. It was so close that it even got reviewed. Sometimes the receiver can have a good hold on the ball but the defender just makes a perfect hit on the ball and it comes out. I think that's what happened to DK's fumble last night.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Hawks game in terms of it being a 1 score game... Nonetheless, huge game for both teams and the Hawks rarely seem to disappoint us in prime time games... Huge win for us last night... A lot of great things to note as well as a few poor things...

• Pete known for being ultra conservative supporting the fake punt play call was huge... Especially since that was on our own 20 yard line in a close game... Huge call and great execution...
  • Running game was on fire! We have a two-headed monster with two different running styles... Both are very good catching the ball out of the backfield as well... Nice to see Penny getting the opportunity, while becoming a great compliment to Carson in the running game...
  • Joey Hunt - he has been very serviceable in Britts place since his injury... He had a very good game yesterday... Also to note, D. Brown was massive in the running game and one that hasn't been getting their props of late is Ifedi... He's actually been playing some good football the past several weeks... Better late than never I guess...
  • Defense was hit and miss... Still, too many missed tackles and it seems like KJ Wright is on the short end of the stick more than we're accustomed to... That was a huge missed tackle on Ham in that first drive that led to a 41 yard scamper...
  • Diggs is that hard hitting safety who made his presence known yesterday but also reminded us of why the Lions were OK letting him go... The knock on him in Detroit was too many missed tackles... He had a huge one yesterday on that first drive where he whiffed on Diggs leading to a 29 yard gain down deep in to the redzone...
  • Defense made plays when they needed to on 3rd and 4th down sealing the game, while forcing a few TO's that put our offense in great position...
  • Ziggy had 3 QB hits yesterday... Arguably his best game of the year so far... He seems to be quielty gaining momentum and confidence in our defense... We need him so it's nice to see... Also, Green had a very solid game as well via the run and pass...