• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Viking River Cruises

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been on one?
I'm looking at something through Germany maybe Switzerland for Christmas?

kelley2403

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been on one?
I'm looking at something through Germany maybe Switzerland for Christmas?
I’ve been on a Viking Sea cruise. My brother did one of the river cruises. Closer to Christmas the better. From what I’ve been told most European cities don’t decorate anywhere as early as us. As far as Viking it was incredible. Crew is just as smartass enough to enjoy without going over the top. Fun people and still very professional. Pretty much anything you ask for will be done within reason. Food was awesome. Don’t get the drink package. They’ll serve you free beer and wine at dinner as long as you’re setting at your table. Read their reviews they were pretty helpful. My wife and I are 58 and out of 900 people there were probably 30 people younger than us.
God bless George Welsh.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been on a Viking Sea cruise. My brother did one of the river cruises. Closer to Christmas the better. From what I’ve been told most European cities don’t decorate anywhere as early as us. As far as Viking it was incredible. Crew is just as smartass enough to enjoy without going over the top. Fun people and still very professional. Pretty much anything you ask for will be done within reason. Food was awesome. Don’t get the drink package. They’ll serve you free beer and wine at dinner as long as you’re setting at your table. Read their reviews they were pretty helpful. My wife and I are 58 and out of 900 people there were probably 30 people younger than us.
God bless George Welsh.
... So I should not go on one

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard nothing but good things about Viking and their river cruises.

kelley2403

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... So I should not go on one
No. Probably not a better cruise line out there for the money. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, but they are nothing like the Carnival cruises and others like them. Just letting you know about the age of the passengers so you’ll know about the crowd. I went with my 2 brothers and their wives so we had a blast.

Reactions: gob

kelley2403

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to see my brother that has taken a couple of the river cruises in a couple of hours and I’ll ask him about them.

Copejunkie

Pain is weakness leaving the body
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went through AMA waterways, competitor to viking. Our ship was the ama viola. Awesome boat and the crew was awesome as well. And like was said they give you all the beer and wine that you want at meals. We went with a large group so we had people on the boat that we somewhat knew already but met many more. The dining on our boat was basically family style. If there were open seats at the table you could sit down and meet new people. The day excursions were very well done and enjoyable as well and the guides spoke great English and we were very knowledgeable.

kelley2403

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to my brother about the Viking river cruises. He said he would definitely recommend them. He has gone on an Avalon and another cruise lines river cruise and said Viking was definitely the best.