• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Oladipo

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely deserved a better ending with the Pacers.

This guy gave it his all in our uniform, and I think reports of him wanting out were asininely overblown. Without Sabonis heading into the bubble, I personally would have recommended that he opt out of playing in a relatively helpless situation.

Vic did not do that, however, and he was there for his teammates in August and September.

However, this trade may by mostly about the Pacers not wanting to pay him the max. Something was bound to give with the team up against it on guaranteed contracts and a lack of roster flexibility.

Time will tell if former Pacers draft pick LeVert can match his production.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your city will fall in love with Levert too

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Pacers could have realistically hoped for a better return for Oladipo than LeVert.

That is a really good deal for them. They were probably losing Dipo this summer anyway, and LeVert has upside to be what Dipo was 2 years ago.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Pacers could have realistically hoped for a better return for Oladipo than LeVert.

That is a really good deal for them. They were probably losing Dipo this summer anyway, and LeVert has upside to be what Dipo was 2 years ago.
Yeah, LeVert is a nice pickup and maybe he re-signs with them.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone once said the Pacers are built not bought. Now who was that? :scratch:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every credible reporter said he wanted out. He just wasn't gonna make a big stink about it. So the reports weren't overblown. The marriage was gonna end. Not only that, some doubt the Pacers were gonna pay what he's gonna be seeking in FA, which is a reasonable thought given Dipo's age and injuries. The Pacers made a great deal here. They get a player that's basically, what, 80 to 90% of Dipo right now with still some room to grow, is a great fit with what they already have, and is on a better contract. It's part of the reason why I don't really get Houston doing the deal. Like right this very second, Dipo is the better player. But when you go through every checkbox (skill, potential, contract, etc), LeVert seems like the better asset.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every credible reporter said he wanted out. He just wasn't gonna make a big stink about it. So the reports weren't overblown. The marriage was gonna end. Not only that, some doubt the Pacers were gonna pay what he's gonna be seeking in FA, which is a reasonable thought given Dipo's age and injuries. The Pacers made a great deal here. They get a player that's basically, what, 80 to 90% of Dipo right now with still some room to grow, is a great fit with what they already have, and is on a better contract. It's part of the reason why I don't really get Houston doing the deal. Like right this very second, Dipo is the better player. But when you go through every checkbox (skill, potential, contract, etc), LeVert seems like the better asset.

And it isn’t particularly close either.

They needed to get more along with Dipo in this deal.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Credible reporter" by the definition of @wildturkey means "any Lakers fan".

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if he did not want out, resigning him was no guarantee, and if they did it would be for more than the 21 he is making now. This way they recouped a decent amount of his value, for 2 more years at less than Olidipo, it was the right call for the Pacers.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is basically my take as well.

Indy was between a rock and hare place and Cane out of jt with a guy who replaces dipo and with an extension that will put him half as much.

now turn turner into either picks or a stretch 4 and you got something brewing

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is basically my take as well.

Indy was between a rock and hare place and Cane out of jt with a guy who replaces dipo and with an extension that will put him half as much.

now turn turner into either picks or a stretch 4 and you got something brewing
Q is he worth a one year rental with the trade exception?

Curious your thoughts

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, like noted Lakers fanatic Bob Kravitz and Lakers propaganda rag The Indystar

Tell us, how long does it take each morning to put on your clown make up or is it permanent?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nit against it, but what’s the draft capital foe the deal.

TPE and picks in 21 and 23?

for the right to pay him the max this offseason?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, like noted Lakers fanatic Bob Kravitz and Lakers propaganda rag The Indystar

Tell us, how long does it take each morning to put on your clown make up or is it permanent?

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t blame Victor for wanting out of Indy