• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vice (2018)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a movie that scored so poorly on RT and lost $15 million compared to the budget receive so many Oscar nominations?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably too political for my own good but I personally think W Bush was easily the worst Presidency of my lifetime.

That being said, this movie failed. It has a great cast that isnt given enough to do and a script that takes an incredibly ambitious era and makes it boring and strange. With Bale in tow, this movie probably needed to be similar to Wolf on Wall Street and present something that the audience knows to be terrible in a realistic manner so the audience can judge for themselves. The problem is that the movie never commits to this and quite frankly doesn't seem to have enough information to pull it off. The movie admits that there is too much deleted information to make any of these scenes compelling and what we're left with is just a waste of acting talent.

The scope of this movie is too large to function. It would be like if the Darkest Hour tried to cram the cliff notes of all of WW2 during the transitions. The LGBT storyline might have been the strongest one but it really fails to capture the bi-partisan nature of being against gay marriage in that era and the progress that movement made. Instead it leans on the 'southern and midwest areas aren't as accepting' narrative which undercuts that angle a bit. As a whole it leaves some impact at the end but you don't actually see him around his family enough for it to really sink in.

The movie barely touches on 911. Its hard to make a movie like this without really sinking your teeth into the event. As such, you're better off watching something like Fahrenheit 911 if you want a hit piece on the Bush administration. Vice actually has the benefit of having a few decades to look at everything that has happened and managed to do far less with the information.

The narrator twist didn't really do anything for me and if anything pulled the movie away from the strong cast. I do like the credit roll and that was probably the highlight of the movie. My wife actually fell asleep during the Shakespeare scene.

Mixing in real images without context leaves this movie rather strange to use as a 'teaching' movie for younger generations.

This has to be the worst movie that I know of thats made it to a Best Picture line. I'll give it a D+ for effort.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name of the movie should have been "DICK" perfect description of the main character. If this is pretty accurate, they should all be tried for war crimes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name of the movie should have been "DICK" perfect description of the main character. If this is pretty accurate, they should all be tried for war crimes.
boy-yawning-2742783.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this movie but left halfway through. It wasn't an accurate portrayal but more of a hit job on Cheney. It was money poorly spent.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm probably too political for my own good but I personally think W Bush was easily the worst Presidency of my lifetime.

Did you write this from the grave? Sorry you died 10 years ago.