• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vic Fangio the NFL head coach?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this guy has been around football a very long time and in the NFL before he was at Stanford. He's not a young guy at all, but do you think he would leave to become head coach for an NFL team?

I think he knows what he does best and will stay a coordinator, but who knows.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this guy has been around football a very long time and in the NFL before he was at Stanford. He's not a young guy at all, but do you think he would leave to become head coach for an NFL team?

Can't stop progress. If it happens, it happens. I find it a bit curious that we had two OC's that became HC's of the Packers (SB champ) and Chargers (Perennial contenders) while we toiled in the shitpool part of mediocrity under Nolan and Singletary.

Hopefully we don't miss a beat if Fangio DOES get cherry-picked. Cherry-picked. This is a term that the 9ers essentially created. We've been getting cherry-picked since the 80's. I'd be willing to bet NO other franchise has been cherry picked to the extent that we have, and CERTAINLY no other franchise has been SUCCESSFULLY cherry-picked the way we have.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking about this today. I think he has a very good chance considering the short list of hot candidates there are right now for Head Coaching jobs. I'm sure he will at least get an interview in the off season if the Defense continues to play the way they have.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question would be if he is even interested in becoming a HC. Guys like Jim Johnson from the Eagles or Dick LeBeau of the Steelers are examples of coordinators that seemed very comfortable being exactly that. I'm hoping Fangio enjoys working with Harbaugh enough to want to simply stay put.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with Fangio so far, still not sold on my doubts I had though. My doubts where based on the long term, so I'd like to see long term consistency. I never had any doubt in his ability to put together a good season.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He's too old. No one is going to hire him as a head coach this late in the game. I think he's a good DC though and I hope he stays with the 49ers for a while.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The question would be if he is even interested in becoming a HC. Guys like Jim Johnson from the Eagles or Dick LeBeau of the Steelers are examples of coordinators that seemed very comfortable being exactly that. I'm hoping Fangio enjoys working with Harbaugh enough to want to simply stay put.

Thats a good statement you made, some guys know exactly what they are

And yes Greenbay last two SB coaches were from SF

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's too old. No one is going to hire him as a head coach this late in the game. I think he's a good DC though and I hope he stays with the 49ers for a while.

He's only 52 yrs. old. I wouldn't say that he's too old to be considered for a head coaching position.

Vic Fangio

NFL experience: 24 years

Coaching career: 1979-81: Dunmore H.S. (defensive coordinator); 1982: Milford Academy (defensive coordinator); 1983: North Carolina (graduate assistant); 1984-85: Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars (defensive assistant); 1986-94: Saints (linebackers); 1995-98: Panthers (defensive coordinator); 1999-01: Colts (defensive coordinator); 2002-05: Texans (defensive coordinator); 2006-08: Ravens (special assistant to head coach; 2009: Ravens (special assistant/linebackers); 2010: Stanford (defensive coordinator).