• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vancelot's Mock Draft

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm too tired for an introduction. I'll add a 2nd round at some point.

1. KC: Luke Joeckel-The strength of this draft is at positions the Chiefs are already strong at, but a trade down in unlikely since I don't think anybody wants the 1st pick.

2. Jax: Dion Jordan-I really think Ezekiel Ansah could go here, but Jordan's a little safer, and Jacksonville can't afford another bust.

3. Oak: Sharrif Floyd-There's a good chance the Raiders trade down to somebody looking to get Fisher, but if they make the pick, it has to be D-line. It's a toss-up, but I'll say Floyd.

4. Philly: Eric Fisher-There's a chance they take Geno Smith, but Jason Peters is coming off injury and even if he's healthy, they can use a RT upgrade.

5. Det: Ezekiel Ansah-I've heard Detroit isn't high on Lane Johnson, but they could pick him anyway. If they don't, it's likely down to Miliner or Ansah. Take the pass rusher.

6. Cle: Barkevious Mingo-This comes down to Miliner, Geno, and Keke. I think Miliner could be the guy, but Mingo could be a special pass rusher, and don't draft a CB over a pass rusher.

7. Ari: Lane Johnson-No-brainer for the Cardinals, whose o-line was terrible last year. They'll hurt themselves running up to the podium for this one.

8. Buf: Geno Smith-If Geno drops to them, Buffalo snaps him up quickly. Getting a decent QB is a must in this draft.

9. NYJ: Jarvis Jones-The Jets probably want to trade down with the two top 3-4 pass rushers gone. Jones isn't far behind them, though, and they're OK taking him here.

10. Ten: Dee Miliner-They didn't expect him to be available, and with CB being a big need, they happily take him.

11. SD: Chance Warmack-Teams don't generally value guard this much, but SD has to protect Rivers.

12. Mia: Xavier Rhodes-Miami keeps losing CBs, and addressed almost everything else via free agency. Rhodes is a big, physical CB, the kind the league is moving toward.

13. TB: Star Lotulelei-Desmond Trufant could go here, as they need a CB, but Lotulelei is a top 5 talent, and has gotten a clean bill of health.

14. Car: Sheldon Richardson-Carolina is in dire need of DT help, and Richardson is my 2nd ranked. He'll play right away.

15. NO: Kenny Vaccaro-The Saints are switching to a 3-4 and need players, but all the 3-4 OLBs are gone and the top DTs. The secondary gets a playmaker.

16. StL: Tavon Austin-The pick would have been Vaccaro if he was there, but it's too high for the next safety. I think there's a chance it's Patterson here instead of Austin, but I still pick Austin.

17. Pit: Cordarrelle Patterson-Another team that wanted Vaccaro, but missed out. Antonio Brown was at his best when Wallace stretched the field. Patterson will do that for him now.

18. Dal: Jonathan Cooper-Dallas has to improve the offensive line if they want to compete. Cooper is the best available.

19. NYG: Arthur Brown-The Giants could take a CB too, but Brown is one of the most talented players in the entire draft, and the Giants could use another good LB.

20. Chi: Alec Ogletree- They should take Fluker, but they'll give Bushrod a chance. Cooper is the needed pick, but he's gone. Ogletree is a talented player who fills a need.

21. Cin: DJ Fluker-It's looking more and more like Smith won't be back. They replace one Bama T with another.

22. StL: Jonathan Cyprien-They missed on the top safety, but get the #2 with this pick. His ability to fly to the ball and lay a big hit will have him on the field early and often.

23. Min: Desmond Trufant-The Vikings need a CB and are thrilled that Trufant dropped to them. He's my #3 CB.

24. Ind: Bjoern Werner-The Colts used FA to sign one of everything, so could go a number of ways. Adding a talented lineman is always a good idea.

25. Min: DeAndre Hopkins-The Vikings signed Greg Jennings, but need a long-term #1 WR. Hopkins is my #3 WR. He's explosive and reliable.

26. GB: Damontre Moore-The Packers could take the first RB, here, probably Lacy, but need to work on the defense, especially at LB.

27. Hou: Robert Woods-They almost have to take a WR early, and Woods is my #4. He catches everything and would have been a top 10 pick if he could have left after last year.

28. Den: Tank Carradine-The Broncos lost Elvis Dumervil on a mistake, and need a DE. Carradine is the best available. They could go DT as well.

29. NE: Johnathan Banks-I think it comes down to WR or CB, and since they added some receivers, CB is the pick. Banks is my #4 CB.

30. Atl: Darius Slay-Jamar Taylor is rising up boards, but Slay is still my #5 CB. With Umenyiora signed, the Falcons can improve the secondary.

31. SF: Eric Reid-The Niners need a safety, since they the reason they lost the Super Bowl was in large part the play at the position. Reid is the best available.

32. Bal: Keenan Allen-This comes down to Minter and a WR for me. Rolando McClain isn't an answer, but it might lend them to take a receiver instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be shocked if Tyler Eifert doesn't go in the 1st. Also I'd be pretty suprised if Philly goes OT with a franchise LT already on the roster. teams never pick a RT that early.. and this one is a complete hunch, but I think Austin is going to get picked much earlier than expected, maybe even in the top 10..

just nitpicking. everything makes sense in your draft

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin shouldn't be picked in the top 10. He might, but he shouldn't be.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Austin shouldn't be picked in the top 10. He might, but he shouldn't be.

I think he's going to be a probowl caliber return man and a matchup nightmare ala Harvin. I think he's going to be a big time playmaker. I know people question his size, but if he were 2 inches taller and 15 or 20 lbs heavier he's be a surefire top 5 pick this yr. i think he's going to be a great pro, but we'll see

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
most guys his size have a history of being on the IR or end up just return guys

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
most guys his size have a history of being on the IR or end up just return guys

He never missed a single game in his four yr collegiate career, and he had close 2,000 yds from scrimmage last season. he did 14 reps on the bench, which means he's obviously strong and compact for his build.

also for comparison DeSean Jackson is 4 inches taller but only 5 lbs heavier.

if this draft had AJ Green and Julio Jones, he might fall, but in this draft he's the best playmaker

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He never missed a single game in his four yr collegiate career, and he had close 2,000 yds from scrimmage last season. he did 14 reps on the bench, which means he's obviously strong and compact for his build.

also for comparison DeSean Jackson is 4 inches taller but only 5 lbs heavier.

if this draft had AJ Green and Julio Jones, he might fall, but in this draft he's the best playmaker

I said most guys, Jackson's an anomaly. He may change the NFL back to the smurf era.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said most guys, Jackson's an anomaly. He may change the NFL back to the smurf era.

Jackson's an anomaly, but a player with Austin's combine numbers and collegiate production is rare as well. 2000 yds from scrimmage as a senior in a BCS conference and a 4.3 40 yd dash time makes you a surefire top 5 pick. Austin's build pushes him out of that range, but I could still see him in the top 10-12 pick.

he's a rare playmaker in a draft without an obvious probowl caliber RB or #1 NFL WR. Patterson has the physical skillset, but he huge question marks too.