• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance Joeseph in the Super Bowl

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or losing 20-0 to the 2-10 49ers.

VJ is who we thought he was.

We aren't going anywhere until he's gone.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this staff chooses its water lou . the sad thing is they do not see that no huddle is the answer

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the first snap this year I am no huddle

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff is clueless fire the whole lot !!!!!!!!!!!!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst thing that could have happened .. Winning three in a row, raising hopes only to come out flat and ugly vs a 2-10 team starting a 3rd string QB ..

It's not just losing Sanders .. Keenum had what, 59 yard passing going into the 4th quarter vs the Steelers ?? or was it Cincy -- or maybe both ?? ...

Get rid of all of 'em .. Vance, Woods, Musgrave .... If we didn;t make the change and hand the reigns to Musgrave during the bye, I see no point in retaining any of 'em ..

7-9 or 8-8 is the worst thing we could have done

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel like the Broncos are steadily approaching "blow it up" mode. They have some great core players like Von Miller and Chris Harris, Jr. and our 2018 rookie class looks to really have some winners. However, I just have the feeling that Elway is going to make some seriously big wholesale changes and that will probably start with the coaching staff. If they can hit in the 2019 draft like they did this year and get free agents in here like they did in prior to our Super Bowls, it could be a relatively quick re-build. Hard to attract great free agents without PFM at the helm of the offense though.

That's all going to be very difficult without the one thing they need most............a franchise quarterback. I'm afraid we may be looking at some lean years with a VERY young team that will grow over time. Need to find our quarterback of the future and this year's draft looks bleak to me.

Very frustrating and unfulfilling 2018 season. I'm pretty bummed.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to feel like the Broncos are steadily approaching "blow it up" mode. They have some great core players like Von Miller and Chris Harris, Jr. and our 2018 rookie class looks to really have some winners. However, I just have the feeling that Elway is going to make some seriously big wholesale changes and that will probably start with the coaching staff. If they can hit in the 2019 draft like they did this year and get free agents in here like they did in prior to our Super Bowls, it could be a relatively quick re-build. Hard to attract great free agents without PFM at the helm of the offense though.

That's all going to be very difficult without the one thing they need most............a franchise quarterback. I'm afraid we may be looking at some lean years with a VERY young team that will grow over time. Need to find our quarterback of the future and this year's draft looks bleak to me.

Very frustrating and unfulfilling 2018 season. I'm pretty bummed.

I completely agree MH64

i just don;t see Elway standing pat and going into next season with this staff ... I think he held on to Vance and didn't bother with an interim and mid season upheaval because it's getting blown up this offseason anyway

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with bringing in a brand new head coach again is that we’ve got no franchise quarterback ready for him to coach. So unless we can steal away someone like Aaron Rodgers what good is it to bring in a new head coach put them with Keenum who has been solid for us this year numbers wise and late in games but isn’t the future just so we can be an average team again next year?

Sure we can draft someone but I don’t think there’s anybody going to set the world on fire as a rookie quarterback which means we’re in the same spot we were last year with Vance as a rookie head coach only with the new guy.

If we replace Vance we need a guarantee this new guy is the right one otherwise people will be screaming to fire this guy at the end of next year too like they were with Vance his first year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point is if people want Vance fired that’s fine but to fire Vance Joseph and then go 6-10 next year with a rookie head coach does more damage to the future of the Broncos than keeping Vance for another year

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If John Harbaugh was the choice, I'd be happy - provided that he doesn't come with Flacco

The list of FA QBs this offseason includes:

- Tyrod Taylor
- RG III
- Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Teddy Bridgewater
- Trevor Siemian
- Oz

... not exactly a great list ..... I know there was talk of Tyrod Taylor when Kubiak was the HC, but Taylor really does nothing for me ..

Not really a fan of Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick or RGIII ..

None of those guys are really any better than Keenum, except for maybe Bridgewater who is still a question mark IMHO

Derek Carr at QB and Harbaugh on the sidelines with a good staff would certain change things, but that's a pipe dream

We're going to have a lot of cap space to work with - that's a positive ... and if Elway is blowing things up, there're be a lot - A LOT - of cap space

This is a very important and crucial moment for Elway as GM

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If John Harbaugh was the choice, I'd be happy - provided that he doesn't come with Flacco

The list of FA QBs this offseason includes:

- Tyrod Taylor
- RG III
- Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Teddy Bridgewater
- Trevor Siemian
- Oz

... not exactly a great list ..... I know there was talk of Tyrod Taylor when Kubiak was the HC, but Taylor really does nothing for me ..

Not really a fan of Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick or RGIII ..

None of those guys are really any better than Keenum, except for maybe Bridgewater who is still a question mark IMHO

Derek Carr at QB and Harbaugh on the sidelines with a good staff would certain change things, but that's a pipe dream

We're going to have a lot of cap space to work with - that's a positive ... and if Elway is blowing things up, there're be a lot - A LOT - of cap space

This is a very important and crucial moment for Elway as GM

The thing that sucks the most is that next year doesn't look to have many options in the draft or free agency at the quarterback position. We may likely be stuck with Keenum for another year.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....but there's always hope. The QB class that Mahommes was in was viewed as very weak. It only takes one guy to be the right guy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boise ST QB is a solid QB I do not say number 1 but a solid pick 2nd round type a pick

He makes all the throws and has a strong arm. His Uncle won an SB for the Red Skins. Rypien arm is IMO just like is an uncle .. He has better wheels ...lol that don't mean much as I remember his uncle a pocket passer . Brett wants to stay in the pocket to the point he passes up on an open field
Brett Rypien - Wikipedia

My problem with him he goes cold as a passer and seems like nothing will bring him back several games a year.When he gets hot no one better

Idaho has wind like no other state so maybe it is that I am not sure. I watched probably 15 games of his the last 3 years And to be honest I never watched when he was struggling. So I am not saying I have really studied him but I have seen him a lot.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hits his WR's in stride just like his uncle and IMO the most important trait of a QB.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Keenum but that he will never have in the NFL .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.....................Is John Elway a big part of the problem?? He took over the Broncos with a really good core. He was able to bring in Payton Manning and be a Super Bowl threat for three years. Since peytonleft, the team has slid constantly.

In my opinion, the problen starts at the top. The great owner has passed and the GM has assumed controil and hasn't been very good at it.

Also, in my opinion, I see the same thing happening in New England with Belichick. This is not the NFL of 1970,80,90 or 2000. Elway and BB are from a time past and ""I"" don't think that they can or will make the mental move to 2020.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.....................Is John Elway a big part of the problem?? He took over the Broncos with a really good core. He was able to bring in Payton Manning and be a Super Bowl threat for three years. Since peytonleft, the team has slid constantly.

In my opinion, the problen starts at the top. The great owner has passed and the GM has assumed controil and hasn't been very good at it.

Also, in my opinion, I see the same thing happening in New England with Belichick. This is not the NFL of 1970,80,90 or 2000. Elway and BB are from a time past and ""I"" don't think that they can or will make the mental move to 2020.

He did not inherit a player that went to those SB's other than one WR DT.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down four late in the 4th, kick a field goal on 4th and short. That's a Super Bowl decision from our Super Bowl coach right there.

It's hilarious how anyone was fooled by a 3 game win streak. LOL.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down four late in the 4th, kick a field goal on 4th and short. That's a Super Bowl decision from our Super Bowl coach right there.

It's hilarious how anyone was fooled by a 3 game win streak. LOL.
Yep bad decision
Gotta go for it on 4th and 1 from the 6

Can’t assume you get the ball back with 4 minutes left

Can’t score 16 at home and win.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vance should be canned now, and allow Mike Sullivan to take over as interim

I've read some reports about Sullivan being frustrated with Musgrave - which I think we all are

See what we've got in Sullivan and go from there

The Cleveland Browns with a rookie QB and interim HC come in to our house in prime time and win .. that coming off the embarrassment of losing to a 2-10 9er team

Can Vance now, please