• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UVA screwed by NCAA selection committee

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised not many media outlets are picking up on this, but Michigan St. Being under seeded and placed in UVA's bracket for the 3rd straight year reeks of NCAA collusion.

Michigan St. Is literally built to beat Tony Bennet's system. They are gritty, they shoot the ball well, and they are not afraid of a defensive struggle. UVA is not a team that the NCAA wants to see in the final 4 because of their pace of play. Nobody wants a 55-52 final 4 game.

The NCAA's solution? Give Michigan State a lower seed than they deserve, a clear path to the elite 8 and a potential date with the Cavaliers, for the 3rd straight season.

Last season, MSU should have been a 5 seed, but were instead placed opposite UVA as a 7. Two years ago, they should have been a 2 and were given a 4 seed in UVA's bracket. Now, the second best team in the tournament field is given a 2 seed? Give me a break.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised not many media outlets are picking up on this, but Michigan St. Being under seeded and placed in UVA's bracket for the 3rd straight year reeks of NCAA collusion.

Michigan St. Is literally built to beat Tony Bennet's system. They are gritty, they shoot the ball well, and they are not afraid of a defensive struggle. UVA is not a team that the NCAA wants to see in the final 4 because of their pace of play. Nobody wants a 55-52 final 4 game.

The NCAA's solution? Give Michigan State a lower seed than they deserve, a clear path to the elite 8 and a potential date with the Cavaliers, for the 3rd straight season.

Last season, MSU should have been a 5 seed, but were instead placed opposite UVA as a 7. Two years ago, they should have been a 2 and were given a 4 seed in UVA's bracket. Now, the second best team in the tournament field is given a 2 seed? Give me a break.

Luckily they got upset by MTSU, so we don't have to worry about them. Now we have to worry about Iowa State and then either Syracuse or Gonzaga if we win Friday.