• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: UT Arlington (2-0) at #25 Alabama (3-0) | 9:00 PM ET on SECN

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter_Z_Design_400x400.jpg

Finally in the AP top 25. So far that has easily been the most exciting Alabama basketball team in my lifetime.

It'll be interesting to see how Petty plays tonight after having his record breaking performance against Alabama A&M.

Avery has done a fantastic job with this recruiting class here at Bama. We had 3 top rated Freshman come to Tuscaloosa, and thus far they are averaging:
Collin Sexton: 23.5 PPG
John Petty: 18.3 PPG
Herb Jones: 8.3 PPG

Once Braxton Key comes back from his knee surgery (roughly 2-3 more weeks), we will be even better as he was a major player last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT-Arlington is a solid team. UT-Arlington was a top 50 win last year for Minnesota, don't know if they're quite that good again this year, but a W here would be a solid one for the resume.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT-Arlington is a solid team. UT-Arlington was a top 50 win last year for Minnesota, don't know if they're quite that good again this year, but a W here would be a solid one for the resume.

I have never watched them, but their stats are pretty impressive and they did beat BYU.

Alabama did a great job on their OOC schedule this year, playing teams like: Memphis, UTA, Texas, Minnesota, and Arizona

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never watched them, but their stats are pretty impressive and they did beat BYU.

Alabama did a great job on their OOC schedule this year, playing teams like: Memphis, UTA, Texas, Minnesota, and Arizona

Kevin Hervey is a beast. He's averaging 25 ppg this season. They should be finish 1st or 2nd in the Sun Belt this season, which would be a quality win. They are a top 100 team according to KenPom, FWIW, this early in the season. They won't be the type of team to be intimidated because they've scheduled super aggressive last year and this year. Their top 5 scorers are seniors so that's even more evidence they won't be intimidated. The line is 10.5, I think I'd lean towards UT-A covering that.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Hervey is a beast. He's averaging 25 ppg this season. They should be finish 1st or 2nd in the Sun Belt this season, which would be a quality win. They are a top 100 team according to KenPom, FWIW, this early in the season. They won't be the type of team to be intimidated because they've scheduled super aggressive last year and this year. Their top 5 scorers are seniors so that's even more evidence they won't be intimidated. The line is 10.5, I think I'd lean towards UT-A covering that.

Which means it'll be the closest game we've had this year.

I saw the stat line for Hervey, but having never seen them, I wasn't sure if that was exaggerated or not.

Reading your thoughts makes me more excited about this matchup tonight.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means it'll be the closest game we've had this year.

I saw the stat line for Hervey, but having never seen them, I wasn't sure if that was exaggerated or not.

Reading your thoughts makes me more excited about this matchup tonight.

I followed them occasionally last year because I wanted to see how'd they play the remainder of the year since the Gophers beat them in like the 2nd game of the season. They lost 3 contributors off of that team, but Wilson has been much better this season and they added a transfer from Virginia Tech who's been surprisingly good considering what he did during his time there. I don't think BYU is a tournament team this year, but anytime you go into their place and beat them by double digits, that is somewhat impressive.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Avery Johnson.

Whereas I'm sure David Cutcliff will tell you Alabama football is the standard. :D

BTW, we are playing you guys to start off the year in 2 years, which doesn't seem as exciting unless there is some deal to do a home/home in Basketball as well.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT Arlington is very good. Borderline top 25 if you ask me. Alabama should win but I think this one is extremely close. Hervey is an absolute stud.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas I'm sure David Cutcliff will tell you Alabama football is the standard. :D

BTW, we are playing you guys to start off the year in 2 years, which doesn't seem as exciting unless there is some deal to do a home/home in Basketball as well.

Yep, I've already bought my tickets for the 2019 season kick off in Atlanta. Football is easier to schedule than basketball since the NCAA restricted total games you can play.

Reactions: Eco

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter_Z_Design_400x400.jpg

Finally in the AP top 25. So far that has easily been the most exciting Alabama basketball team in my lifetime.

It'll be interesting to see how Petty plays tonight after having his record breaking performance against Alabama A&M.

Avery has done a fantastic job with this recruiting class here at Bama. We had 3 top rated Freshman come to Tuscaloosa, and thus far they are averaging:
Collin Sexton: 23.5 PPG
John Petty: 18.3 PPG
Herb Jones: 8.3 PPG

Once Braxton Key comes back from his knee surgery (roughly 2-3 more weeks), we will be even better as he was a major player last year.

Alabama had some really good teams in the 90s with Latrell Sprewell and Robert Horry, James Robinson. If that team played in today's era, they'd be a final 4 team.

Nice to see someone who cares about Alabama basketball in the month of November tho... lol.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I've already bought my tickets for the 2019 season kick off in Atlanta. Football is easier to schedule than basketball since the NCAA restricted total games you can play.

I can't remember the last time (if ever) Alabama played in Atlanta and I didn't go, so chances are I'll be there also. Hopefully those tickets will be cheaper than the Alabama vs FSU ones were.

Alabama had some really good teams in the 90s with Latrell Sprewell and Robert Horry, James Robinson. If that team played in today's era, they'd be a final 4 team.

Nice to see someone who cares about Alabama basketball in the month of November tho... lol.

Yeah - and we had a good run in 2004, making it to the Elite 8, which was the best I've seen. Shelton, Davis, and Davidson were the studs, and I loved Pettway, and really have enjoyed him being back at Bama as an assistant coach.

I remember taking off of work to watch the game against UConn and the Gordon/Okafor duo. If my memory serves me correct, Gordon went OFF that game, and UConn had the game wrapped up by half-time, and then went on to win the whole thing.

I love Alabama Basketball, and I think I missed 1 or 2 home games while in Tuscaloosa. Wife and I still go to 4-5 a year, including our annual trip to Athens and Auburn to see Bama play on the road.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Hervey hasn't missed a shot, and we are down by 10 somewhat early.

UTA is playing lights out.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTA 46 - 41 ALA at Halftime.

Hervey has 15 points, and hasn't missed a shot.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hervery is sitting out with 3 fouls.

Fantastic baby

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1