• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USMNT 2018 World Cup

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 goals for Altidore tonight.

Shocker of the night is Jamaica down 2-0 at home to Nicaragua

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA soccer: Celebrating mediocrity since our existence!

Brazil toying with the U.S.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Brazil even waste their time playing the U.S.? Practicing against themselves would have been far more productive.

We should apologize for wasting their time.

U.S. Soccer is not good. Regressing.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss to Jamaica. Loss to Panama. Look awful against a garbage Peru team. And do not even belong on the pitch v. Brazil.

Soccer is not our sport.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurgen needs to quit dicking around. Brazil is great so the loss is no surprise but the US effort was comical. Pick the best players and be done with it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss to Jamaica. Loss to Panama. Look awful against a garbage Peru team. And do not even belong on the pitch v. Brazil.

Soccer is not our sport.

That same garbage Peru team made it to the semi finals of Copa America this summer

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurgen needs to quit dicking around. Brazil is great so the loss is no surprise but the US effort was comical. Pick the best players and be done with it
This. I hate how we haven't had the same lineup for more than one game in what feels like years...I'm tired of Jurgen, honestly. Call me crazy but he messes around too much. He plays players in the wrong positions and then wonders why it ends up biting him in the ass..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I hate how we haven't had the same lineup for more than one game in what feels like years...I'm tired of Jurgen, honestly. Call me crazy but he messes around too much. He plays players in the wrong positions and then wonders why it ends up biting him in the ass..

I think he's right about a lot of things about how USA needs to structure its development of players, etc but the constant juggling needs to stop. It's fine to do that in a couple game post WC to give guys looks but not when you're warming up for games that actually matter or even games that do matter (like when he kept messing around in the Gold Cup).

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's right about a lot of things about how USA needs to structure its development of players, etc but the constant juggling needs to stop. It's fine to do that in a couple game post WC to give guys looks but not when you're warming up for games that actually matter or even games that do matter (like when he kept messing around in the Gold Cup).

I agree with all sentiments. Perhaps Jurgen juggles the lineup too frequently and I suppose he is constantly auditioning in anticipation for the World Cup qualifying - I get that. Furthermore, it is not easy to rely on core players with the various leagues and schedules.

However, all National teams deal with uncertainty of players availability due to seasonal scheduling issues. And regardless of whom Jurgen has put on the backline it has been a total failure. The midfield outside of Bradley has been a mess and the forwards show glimpses of brilliance in spurts and are non existent for a majority of games.

I am not questioning Jurgen as much as I am questioning the talent pool. Right now the total roster is in a lull period. A few standout players and core players (Bradley, Dempsey, Howard) and the rest is inconsistent and unpolished.

I don't care who is on the pitch, if there is not enough depth of talent to beat Jamaica or Panama then I can only conclude we are regressing. Brazil is Brazil, would have liked a better effort, but that happens against Brazil. However, looking slow against Brazil? One thing the US has always been is fast - for decades. We might have no fundamental ability on ball, but we could run with you. I have never seen a US team look that slow.

There are growing pains with the new system Jurgen is trying to instill. But sometimes you need to bunker down and get a win. Because if we cannot play the top tier teams of the world (i.e. Confed Cup) then we will never be able to elevate the talent pools level of play.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to question the great Jurgen as he's our best coach ever and had the US playing it's best ball ever in the WC. Post world cup has been major experimentation. I totally agree that having a set starting lineup would create better chemistry and lead to better results, BUT I think right now Jurgen gets the benefit of the doubt and we trust him. These are just friendlies anyways and mean nothing.

The loss to Jamaica in the Gold Cup was disappointing as that tourney was up for grabs but it's one of the least important tournaments to win, again I am not concerned about it.

In the short term things don't look great but let's not forget the target date is 2018. We are building towards that. I want to see consistent play and good results to start happening in 2017.

Until then, let's find the best players and juggle lineups until a grouping of his liking is found. 3 years till Russia we shouldn't be in panic mode yet. Don't forget a lot of turnover in our roster from '14 to '18 as we had a lot of older players. The young guys will take some time to develop, especially chemistry wise. Also, I hate Michael Bradley and hope he gets replaced eventually, possibly by Diskerud but that's another topic.

TL;DR: Trust in Jurgen, WC is 3 years away and these games mean little right now.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to question the great Jurgen as he's our best coach ever and had the US playing it's best ball ever in the WC. Post world cup has been major experimentation. I totally agree that having a set starting lineup would create better chemistry and lead to better results, BUT I think right now Jurgen gets the benefit of the doubt and we trust him. These are just friendlies anyways and mean nothing.

The loss to Jamaica in the Gold Cup was disappointing as that tourney was up for grabs but it's one of the least important tournaments to win, again I am not concerned about it.

In the short term things don't look great but let's not forget the target date is 2018. We are building towards that. I want to see consistent play and good results to start happening in 2017.

Until then, let's find the best players and juggle lineups until a grouping of his liking is found. 3 years till Russia we shouldn't be in panic mode yet. Don't forget a lot of turnover in our roster from '14 to '18 as we had a lot of older players. The young guys will take some time to develop, especially chemistry wise. Also, I hate Michael Bradley and hope he gets replaced eventually, possibly by Diskerud but that's another topic.

TL;DR: Trust in Jurgen, WC is 3 years away and these games mean little right now.

I agree that Jurgen deserves the benefit of the doubt. I see both sides of the coin as it relates to developing a large talent and affording many players international experience vs. consistent roster.

And Peru/Brazil mean nothing - agreed. However, the Gold Cup was pivotal in that it allows the US to contend at the Confederations Cup against the world's best teams at full strength. The only other time the US is able to compete against the best at full strength is during the World Cup. There is reason Klinsman wants US players playing in the best leagues around the world. The same very reason he wants the US to get reps against the best teams in the world at full strength. Confed Cup allows the US to do that and the Gold Cup was the ticket.

Now it appears Mexico is the "hotter team" and may sneak into the Confed Cup instead. That would be a MAJOR let down.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Jurgen deserves the benefit of the doubt. I see both sides of the coin as it relates to developing a large talent and affording many players international experience vs. consistent roster.

And Peru/Brazil mean nothing - agreed. However, the Gold Cup was pivotal in that it allows the US to contend at the Confederations Cup against the world's best teams at full strength. The only other time the US is able to compete against the best at full strength is during the World Cup. There is reason Klinsman wants US players playing in the best leagues around the world. The same very reason he wants the US to get reps against the best teams in the world at full strength. Confed Cup allows the US to do that and the Gold Cup was the ticket.

Now it appears Mexico is the "hotter team" and may sneak into the Confed Cup instead. That would be a MAJOR let down.
Yeah that gold cup was so disappointing as no one looked to be in full form and we could have easily taken it. We either overlooked Jamaica or just weren't prepared (especially the defensive pairing)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that if US doesn't beat Mexico next month, Jurgen will be gone.

Me personally, I'm ready for the Tab Ramos era to begin.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't feel like there is coaching "silver bullet" option out there right now. I would give Jurgen one more Wold Cup build up and then see what happens. If there is no improvement, he's gone. If there is notable improvement? Keep him around.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not going anywhere unless they have major problems in qualifying.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Jurgen would be a mistake in my mind