• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Notre Dame news but he's been placed on administrative leave for potentially lying about his knowledge of his assistant's domestic abuse. This could impact current recruiting for Notre Dame and if true Urban should resign.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ..... my question is ...... should we root for this?

One would hope he would do the right thing but it doesn't seem like he did. I tend not to like rooting for this sort of thing to be true but Notre Dame will likely benefit from it either way.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people were hoping to get Bob Stoops as the next ND coach. Rumor has it that he is an Ohio native. If Meyer leaves, Stoops might be a top target for Ohio State. So, from that perspective it might not be a great development for ND.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people were hoping to get Bob Stoops as the next ND coach. Rumor has it that he is an Ohio native. If Meyer leaves, Stoops might be a top target for Ohio State. So, from that perspective it might not be a great development for ND.

Yes but Urban Meyer is probably a little better coach than Bob Stoops. His Oklahoma teams never lived up to the hype of rarely did.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although people here know my political beliefs. I find this despicable on Meyer part and even more on Smith's.

Although I grew up along the Pacific coast I have a huge southern influence because my father is from the Prairies (Calgary to be exact), kinda like the deep south for Canada, and i'm, by my standards, a southern gentleman.

Me and my brothers were raised that you don't under any circumstances hit or disrespect, alot on that never the hitting, a woman.

But to cover it up.... when it was common knowledge among people that are in your inner circle???

I can't condone it

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although people here know my political beliefs. I find this despicable on Meyer part and even more on Smith's.

Although I grew up along the Pacific coast I have a huge southern influence because my father is from the Prairies (Calgary to be exact), kinda like the deep south for Canada, and i'm, by my standards, a southern gentleman.

Me and my brothers were raised that you don't under any circumstances hit or disrespect, alot on that never the hitting, a woman.

But to cover it up.... when it was common knowledge among people that are in your inner circle???

I can't condone it

It can't be condoned for sure, and if it is true he should resign or be fired it is really that simple.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he failed during media day aka lied about not knowing. I don’t know how this is going to play out. All I know is he is a jerkoff but so is Kelly. I’d take Meyer jerkoff over Kelly jerkoff. Meyer wins and I want wins.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that he failed during media day aka lied about not knowing. I don’t know how this is going to play out. All I know is he is a jerkoff but so is Kelly. I’d take Meyer jerkoff over Kelly jerkoff. Meyer wins and I want wins.

According to Meyer and Smith who did an interview the AD at Ohio State knew about it as well and Meyer said he reported the 2015 incident like he was suppose to.