• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated Sox Top 30 Prospects from MLB

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Bautista and Dante Bichette had way more hits than strikeouts...consistently...season over season. Our two best on field prospects, Jimenez...and since LSD went there...Moncada strike out more than they get hits.

That's pretty much not a good sign.

Why?

K% is routinely high among rookies coming up into the big leagues and tends to get better into its 2nd and 3rd year. Eloy hit for high average coming up through the minors with both the Cubs and Sox. Look at Vlad Jr. just now hitting his groove, which I think is a good comparison for Eloy. Eloy was finding that as well before his injury. Josh Bell is another guy who struggled for a couple of years.

You also seem to just be throwing shit at the wall. "Striking out is bad!"... "Adam Dunn!"... What does all of this prove? That you can consciously find reasons to doubt young, unproven prospects? Woooowwwwww maaannn... Crazy.

Also, if Eloy posts a K rate of 20% for his career, but is one of the games best power hitters... Who cares?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comparison is a joke and completely asinine. He's a power hitter who is a few hundred AB's into his career. No shit he's striking out. lol

I won't quote all of them...just the first.

It's more the expectation than what is probable. I expect very, very little from this team in comparison to its competition until proven otherwise...and that negativity (justified negativity) is leaking to the parts because I can't for the life of me comprehend how the White Sox, who have always been somewhat competitive for the first 30 years of my life (in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s) became such a sh*t show the past decade.

Adam Dunn is terrible. Don't even give me that sh*t about him. There's a reason he never played a playoff game. Striking out like an asshole every other at bat destroys any team that, say, isn't at the Yankees/Red Sox level of talent all-around. His caliber of player would sink our team just like he did the Reds all those years...and well...us. So yeah, it is VERY CONCERNING if we have a player that is going to zonk rallies left and right with his whiffing when you are a submarket team. Which we are. We can't afford that kind of f*ckup with a guy that we guarantee 50 million or whatever before he steps on the field. And why do we do that? Because we know he's going to leave us for the big bucks if he IS Vladimir Guerrero. So yeah, we've given Jimenez a backloaded Adam Dunn level of money...so there's some correlation/expectation if not on the field just yet.

Granted, and I've already acquiesced the point that it isn't fair to make Moncada (and his league leading strikeout count last year) and Jimenez (whiffaroni central so far this year) to Dunn...because Dunn is proven garbage while the other two have futures that are hopefully bright. But also as stated, who really knows? Ain't no guarantees.

I was more just venting because we suck so bad. I should've stuck to my guns like I stated earlier and not bothered with any semantics because we're not worth it yet.

Moving on to more teeth gnashing about this team:

So, as we all know the wildcard expanded to a 5th playoff team in 2012. How many teams have not made the playoffs in those years?

In the AL:

Mariners and us

In the NL:

Philly, Miami, SD Padres

So there are actually 4 other teams in the majors that are on a sh*t on a stick level with us...so that's a positive I guess? None of these 5 teams is making it this year as well...all of them bottom feeding garbage, or, like in our case, somehow not in last because there's 2-3 teams so horrendously bad that they can't be last.

I think the one that pains me the most is the NL East...Tampa...Baltimore...Toronto all had playoff representation despite being up against the juggernauts in NYY and Boston. Meanwhile, we're getting dick slapped year after year by the Royals/Tigers/Twins/Indians.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the one that pains me the most is the NL East...Tampa...Baltimore...Toronto all had playoff representation despite being up against the juggernauts in NYY and Boston. Meanwhile, we're getting dick slapped year after year by the Royals/Tigers/Twins/Indians.

I had to look...just to see how f*cking screwed the non-Boston/NYY AL East teams are.

Since 1995, when the playoffs expanded for the first time to 8 teams (4 in each league) only ONCE have neither the Yankees nor Red Sox made the playoffs. 2014. Every other year in those 25 years (including this one as one of them will be in the playoffs this year) one of those two teams has been in the dance.

That's just f*cking nuts. My heart goes out to Orioles/Rays/Blue Jays fans. I know how that feels with the Packers being so good and reducing the Bears' chances most of that same time frame. The pain is real.