• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unpopular Opinion: The Houston Rockets are the biggest let down in the NBA over the last 8 years

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeat title team up 3-1, not expected to "win it all" ? :noidea:
But really tough to do, so while many were hoping for it, not unheard of... the Clippers were nearly universely the projected winners of the finals

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really tough to do, so while many were hoping for it, not unheard of... the Clippers were nearly universely the projected winners of the finals
No they weren't

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they weren't
Im assuming you considered 2016 bigger since i was the Warriors, but at least they got to the finals. The Clippers were strongly favored and then choked in the second round

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im assuming you considered 2016 bigger since i was the Warriors, but at least they got to the finals. The Clippers were strongly favored and then choked in the second round

No, he is right. That was the 73 win team and the Finals is the bigger stage.

definitely a bigger let down.

But, the fact the Warriors got 3 other rings makes up for it. Something tells me the Clippers aren’t getting 3 rings.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, the fact the Warriors got 3 other rings makes up for it. Something tells me the Clippers aren’t getting 3 rings.
They aren't getting any.

Unless LeBron dies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers are getting one ring yet and that's why this is so big.

I truly enjoyed the Clippers loss.. It was absolutely wonderful

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are getting one ring yet and that's why this is so big.

I truly enjoyed the Clippers loss.. It was absolutely wonderful

A 73 win team losing in the playoffs is historically significant. People will talk about that team and Warrior dynasty 50 years from now.

Nobody will remember the 2020 Clippers in 5 years because they accomplished nothing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that talent, they've got nothing but 4 Division titles to show for it. Out of the last 8 years, 2 conference finals appearances and 0 NBA finals appearances. 3 of their 8 playoff appearances ended in a first round exit. I don't know what the answer is to Houston's problem, but they can't seem to ever be able to put it all together to take the title. Houston...what's the problem?!

This isn't an unpopular opinion, it's just a dumb one. At what point did they have the most talented roster in the WC in the last 8 seasons? Also, in 4 of those years they lost to the Warriors, who probably had the best 5 year stretch in nba history since Russell's Celtics teams.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always had Harden. Even with the addition of Westbrook, they can't make it past the 2nd round. 2 years ago they were the best team in the west with guys like Capela, Ariza, Harden and CP3 and weren't able to do anything.

Do you know that the Warriors had KD, Steph, Klay and Draymond 2 years ago? They weren't the best team in the West. They may have had the best regular season record but that's meaningless with as much load management that goes on.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably when you consider they were the closest ones to dethroning the warriors at full strength. You bring Westbrook that was a major mistake. Since they already tried that experiment on OKC and it failed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they don't win next year, Kawhi AND PG could be gone. That would cripple the Clippers for the next decade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, this is premature talk. If they do end up losing...doesn't Rivers deserve a great amount of the blame here?

It seems like people always talk about how he is one of the best coaches...while I think he is a very good coach, I think he is overrated. He has one championship with the big 3 and barely won in a Game 7. The Clippers always seemed to not have enough with their "Big 3". Now he has the most talented team in the league, yes I know this is year 1 of Kawhi and PG, but still, there is no excuse giving up these big leads in the 2nd half. I think Doc should take the brunt of this loss if it happens. I think he is a damn good regular season coach but seems to be slacking in the playoffs..idk

I don't think Rivers is gone but what a choke. It didn't seem like Rivers made many adjustments but it's just weird they played so well in the 1st half and crumbled every 2nd half. I don't buy, "we were tired", "we didn't have chemistry". They looked pretty damn good in the regular season when they weren't taking breaks for no reason. Lou Williams is another guy that just fell apart in this series...he was awful. Harrell and Beverly, two supposedly great defenders got schooled by Murray and Jokic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't win next year, Kawhi AND PG could be gone. That would cripple the Clippers for the next decade.

Totally agree.

But we are talking about the Clippers.

As soon as they signed Kawhi and dealt for PG13, I expected Mecca to be doing backflips. But instead, she said they would find a way to screw it up.

When the biggest Clipper fans out there are conditioned to anticipate the eventual let down, I think we should all probably take a step back and reevaluate our expectations.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't an unpopular opinion, it's just a dumb one. At what point did they have the most talented roster in the WC in the last 8 seasons? Also, in 4 of those years they lost to the Warriors, who probably had the best 5 year stretch in nba history since Russell's Celtics teams.
So what, the Rockets just have bad luck because of the Warriors dynasty and LeBron and the Lakers?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what, the Rockets just have bad luck because of the Warriors dynasty and LeBron and the Lakers?

They got unlucky with CP3's injury in the playoffs, but they've never been the most talented team at any point in the last 8 years. You're saying they're the biggest letdown, yet they were never predicted to win a title or make the nba finals.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got unlucky with CP3's injury in the playoffs, but they've never been the most talented team at any point in the last 8 years. You're saying they're the biggest letdown, yet they were never predicted to win a title or make the nba finals.
They are the biggest let down based off of the talent they had for the last 8 years combined with the lack of winning anything, but more importantly, a Western Conference title. From 2012 til now, no other team has had the talent they have had and failed to bring anything to the team in terms of titles. No WC title, no NBA finals appearance, no NBA title.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the biggest let down based off of the talent they had for the last 8 years combined with the lack of winning anything, but more importantly, a Western Conference title. From 2012 til now, no other team has had the talent they have had and failed to bring anything to the team in terms of titles. No WC title, no NBA finals appearance, no NBA title.

That's not even correct though. I can think of 3 or 4 Clippers teams that had more talent, including this year's team. OKC had better talent before Durant left, although injuries played a huge role in them underachieving those couple of seasons.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Rockets at least some credit for trying to actually go after the Warriors when a ton of other teams just punted years off of their organizations. They shifted their whole roster and organization just to compete with the Warriors. I don't believe they were a let down. They're like the Pacers and Knicks back in the Jordan days. Very good teams that just couldn't get over the hump because of the level of competition they were going against.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not even correct though. I can think of 3 or 4 Clippers teams that had more talent, including this year's team. OKC had better talent before Durant left, although injuries played a huge role in them underachieving those couple of seasons.
We'll have to agree to disagree.