• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ummmm.... It's actually game day

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was spending too much time with my wife anyways.
For some reason I thought it showed wives and not wife.
I was about to ask, when do you move to Utah?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do the Sharks... wait, we’re supposed to shit talk other teams?
I have the Sharks in the playoffs. That division ain't much after Colorado, STL and Vegas and two of those teams have questionable goaltending while the other is riding a hot goaler who just signed a long-term contract. SJ can eke out enough 3 pt games against them to get in.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if you've never been to Utah, it's a beautiful state.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw an article that had the Penguins missing the playoffs. I know it is going to be a tough division, but the Pen should be able to sneak out a fourth place finish at least.

Of course then I read at the bottom of the article that the Maple Leafs would beat the Lightning in the semis to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. i knew then that it most of been from the Onion.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw an article that had the Penguins missing the playoffs. I know it is going to be a tough division, but the Pen should be able to sneak out a fourth place finish at least.

Of course then I read at the bottom of the article that the Maple Leafs would beat the Lightning in the semis to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. i knew then that it most of been from the Onion.
I have no idea what's going to happen in the East or Central other than Detroit finishing last. Those are gonna be blood baths.

But TBH if the Leafs somehow did wind up in the conference finals and drew TB I would like their chances against them much more than, say, Carolina or Washington. Leafs matched up well against TB last season post-Babs. Throw in that they might not have Kucherov and even better.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what's going to happen in the East or Central other than Detroit finishing last. Those are gonna be blood baths.

But TBH if the Leafs somehow did wind up in the conference finals and drew TB I would like their chances against them much more than, say, Carolina or Washington. Leafs matched up well against TB last season post-Babs. Throw in that they might not have Kucherov and even better.

I have found myself hoping the Leafs win a series the past few years (of course it might have something to do with who they played). I just think that they need to trade one of the big names and bring back a goalie that can carry them. Anderson might win a series, I just don't see him getting hot enough to carry the Leafs all the way through the North division.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have found myself hoping the Leafs win a series the past few years (of course it might have something to do with who they played). I just think that they need to trade one of the big names and bring back a goalie that can carry them. Anderson might win a series, I just don't see him getting hot enough to carry the Leafs all the way through the North division.
I have little faith in Andersen and I really think Jack Campbell is their better goaltender right now.

I wouldn't want to trade any of the big names period - not for a like-for-like, not for a goalie, nothing. But the frozen cap situation is going to hurt them as much as any other team in the league. They could handle the 4 big contracts with the cap going up to, say, $85 mil by 2023. They're pretty much stuck now with it likely not moving at all by that time. They may have no choice at some point other than to move one.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: blowing it up in the above, there are many other recent examples but this one is very recent:

You don’t get far moving your stars.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Sharks in the playoffs. That division ain't much after Colorado, STL and Vegas and two of those teams have questionable goaltending while the other is riding a hot goaler who just signed a long-term contract. SJ can eke out enough 3 pt games against them to get in.
Honestly, I think they’ll do better than last season. But there are still some significant holes in the roster and a lack of depth.

I agree they can challange for a playoff spot due to the format. Kind of like college football this year, I think possible COVID issues make most of the league a bit of a toss up.

I’m happy hockey is back on. If the Sharks look like a semi competent team, that’s just a plus

Also we have our own first round pick this season. So, silver lining.