• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh...the Climb has hit a speed bump!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, it doesn’t look like this story grabbed much of the national attention. That’s the good news.

Obviously, the bad news is that Kerry jumped on the social media scene to tell his story! I’m not going to pass judgement on the player or the coach. I know Neal sent out a letter last night to let everyone in Mountaineer Nation know he has started an investigation.

I was surprised to see Neal mention he first learned of Kerry’s complaint when the tweet was brought to his attention. Kerry mentions in the tweet he had gone to his HC to complain.

To be frank, my gut had problems with so many veterans leaving the program last year.... especially Petteway, Sills and Stewart.

Petteway came out with an IG stating now people should know why he left.

This has a really bad feel to it....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal’s letter...

Mountaineer Family, I come to you tonight sick about today's events.

Earlier today, Kerry Martin expressed his voice and he had every right to do so. I first learned about Kerry's stated concerns via Twitter. I care deeply about everyone involved and have waited to speak publicly so that I could first speak with Kerry, Vic, the team, and our administration.

After speaking with Kerry, I took immediate action. Along with Shane and his team, we launched an independent investigation. I spoke with all parties involved, the defense as a unit and the team as a whole. I again emphasized to our team that our program culture will be one of acceptance, respect, tolerance, and positive relationships. I stressed to our team and staff that we will be open and transparent throughout the University process.

I will refrain from further conversation or comment about these issues until the University process is complete. I ask everyone to be patient as we work through this process as quickly as possible. We will listen, learn and grow from this together, as a family, to become even more united.

Thank you,
Neal Brown

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the worst thing that happened to me in my life was that I got Asked If I was Retarded? WTF, that would be a great life. I got retards in my family, but that wouldn't offend me. Forcing Religion is crossing a line, don't see how “everybody get in the house and upstairs to the meeting.” could make someone feel like property? Politics and sports don't mix either way IMHO, I don't want to see kneeling during the anthem, or hear about a wall being built when I watch football or anything else politically correct or wrong. Why even talk about the protest? All the protest I have seen have been done peacefully, the rioting and looting and destroying property is another story, but I wouldn't want to discuss it with the football team if I was a coach. Vic will be gone right or wrong, sounds like Real Deal Neal Brown does not have the pulse of this entire team in his mind. Sounds to me like a coach that is stepping a little out of bounds, and a player that has been coddled, they both needed to sit down and talk before it got to this point hugged and made up, maybe that is still possible but in todays politically correct world I doubt it. If I missed the boat here someone correct me, I won't name call or cry about it.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the worst thing that happened to me in my life was that I got Asked If I was Retarded? WTF, that would be a great life. I got retards in my family, but that wouldn't offend me. Forcing Religion is crossing a line, don't see how “everybody get in the house and upstairs to the meeting.” could make someone feel like property? Politics and sports don't mix either way IMHO, I don't want to see kneeling during the anthem, or hear about a wall being built when I watch football or anything else politically correct or wrong. Why even talk about the protest? All the protest I have seen have been done peacefully, the rioting and looting and destroying property is another story, but I wouldn't want to discuss it with the football team if I was a coach. Vic will be gone right or wrong, sounds like Real Deal Neal Brown does not have the pulse of this entire team in his mind. Sounds to me like a coach that is stepping a little out of bounds, and a player that has been coddled, they both needed to sit down and talk before it got to this point hugged and made up, maybe that is still possible but in todays politically correct world I doubt it. If I missed the boat here someone correct me, I won't name call or cry about it.
EVERYONE is butthurt now about something. There is no accountability or rational behavior.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes we as fans forget they are STUDENT ATHLETES and with that comes tons of voices of Advocacy on campuses...and the world we live in right now tensions couldn't be higher..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin comes off as a thin skinned entitled brat imho.

I Wont be surprised or sad if/when he hits the road if he doesn't grow up in a hurry.
Why do you say “entitled” and is your opinion “humble”?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say “entitled” and is your opinion “humble”?

A. Because he is, Vic is/was 100% correct to share his beliefs and viewpoints and kiddo got his entitled little left leaning feels hurt when he presented a real man's view point on things and now he's trying to play the race card (which will backfire and he will end up moving on, prob with his pal Pitts down at Marshall who has been spurring him on, and if so, good riddance).

B. Yes, as always.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Because he is, Vic is/was 100% correct to share his beliefs and viewpoints and kiddo got his entitled little left leaning feels hurt when he presented a real man's view point on things and now he's trying to play the race card (which will backfire and he will end up moving on, prob with his pal Pitts down at Marshall who has been spurring him on, and if so, good riddance).

B. Yes, as always.

A. No way is Vic 100% correct in sharing his religious or political points of view during practice time. Is he also a religious or political science teacher at WVU practicing his lecture material during practice. So Vic’s point of view is a “man’s point of view” since it aligns with yours?!? LMFAO!! I guess if you go against the “establishment” then you are weak. Funny. I don’t know of many 18 or 19 year olds who feel entitled, be they Black or White, unless their family are really rich.

I’ll wait for No Balls “investigation”. If the kid is lying, then he should leave. I think there would be an easier way to leave than going this route. Vic has every right to self express. Maybe you can let him know of this website and he can join in the Political Forums. Vic needs to realize this generation is different than the last.

B. Gotta call BULLSHIT. You’d be better off writing “Bless his heart”.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. No way is Vic 100% correct in sharing his religious or political points of view during practice time. Is he also a religious or political science teacher at WVU practicing his lecture material during practice. So Vic’s point of view is a “man’s point of view” since it aligns with yours?!? LMFAO!! I guess if you go against the “establishment” then you are weak. Funny. I don’t know of many 18 or 19 year olds who feel entitled, be they Black or White, unless their family are really rich.

I’ll wait for No Balls “investigation”. If the kid is lying, then he should leave. I think there would be an easier way to leave than going this route. Vic has every right to self express. Maybe you can let him know of this website and he can join in the Political Forums. Vic needs to realize this generation is different than the last.

B. Gotta call BULLSHIT. You’d be better off writing “Bless his heart”.

I agree 100%....VIC is there to Coach... if there is some kind of group sit around talking about life and all opinions are shared and "invited" fine...but not 24/7 and the conversation is one way..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we are going to see just how good HCNB is and how the climb progresses from here....it appears that all on campus visits will be canceled for this year...on top of that if there are isn't any highs school football played how does that work for the Rising Seniors ?...crazy times.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welp,

Hope the butthurt PC crowd is happy
Sad what crybabies we have anymore due to passing out participation trophies.....my hs coaches hurt my feelings a lot, I was not a gifted athlete, and they tried to get me working harder, taught us how to be men.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I’m not a bit surprised this. There had to have been corroborating evidence for this separation to happen.

Like I said earlier, we had way too many upperclassmen leave the team last year for me not to be suspicious something is wrong in the program.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I has a Jr High basketball coach who was also the high school football HC and the Ski Club school sponsor. We were in a tight game, when he called a timeout. We came over to the bench ready to hear what was going to win us the game. Waiting for our instructions, he got in real tight and asked “Who’s going skiing on Sunday?” Definitely pulled out the best in the team and looking back, I can say it turned us into men, without a doubt.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I’m not a bit surprised this. There had to have been corroborating evidence for this separation to happen.

Like I said earlier, we had way too many upperclassmen leave the team last year for me not to be suspicious something is wrong in the program.

There had to be more to it than a one time rant about politics... This was a President, Provost, Human Resources, Legal and Athletic Director Decision...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had to be more to it than a one time rant about politics... This was a President, Provost, Human Resources, Legal and Athletic Director Decision...

Exactly right!

There was at least 1 current player... Bryce Wheaton... supporting Martin’s first tweet... Wheaton mentioned something about the atmosphere. Of course, Pettaway chirped in to mention this is why he left the team too.