• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ugly Game

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NY is a pretty good analogy.

As you already know, I've never been big on Freeman. I'd say cut him yesterday. Does Alex Mack have any value left? If so, trade him ASAP before it's gone.

If we are going full rebuild mode it means focusing on the trenches. The offensive line needs to be fixed one way or another and we need a pass rusher (or two) from the next two to three drafts.

No matter what we do with Ryan, we aren't going to win anything or do anything notable in the next 5 years whether we rebuild or go for a "win now" approach (which I don't even think is possible).

On the bright side, we have a shiny new stadium. That counts for something right?

I have no real insight here, just my opinion, but I don't expect a total reboot. I expect them to go hard after the edge rusher from Ohio St or attack the position in FA...same with CB.

Well…the remake has started.

Falcons trade Mohammed Sanu to the Patriots for a 2nd rd pick. Most think this was the last year in ATL for Sanu anyway. His cap hit has always been steep, but as Ridley took over the WR2 role, Sanu became really expensive as a WR3 option. Most are groaning that it wasn’t Vic Beasley that was traded.

The rest...notables

Mack...I think he's undercontract thru '20...by my count they could save about $8mil if he's released or traded....at 33 y/o there could be some interest there. But if they go that route getting a starting caliber C is imperative....we've seen what it looks like w/o one and it ain't pretty.

Freeman...not that this makes a big difference but I was a little surprised none of his teammates came to his defense in that skirmish last week. I think this will be the last season for Freeman or maybe I should say...it should be the last.

Ryan...I don't see them moving Matt. Just a ton of money tied up into him. Maybe a QB needy team with a hefty cap space will make a call.

Trufant...decent player, but his tape is not good enough imo to generate much trade interest with the cap hit he's carrying.

The stadium is imo the best dome in the NFL.