• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL UGA vs Ohio State

If Georgia played Ohio State right now, who would win?

• Georgia

• Ohio State

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic you would bring up this match up considering it was scheduled until the PAC 12 / B1G challenge got the home and home cancelled.
Yeah, I remember when that was scheduled. My brothers and I were so excited to finally get to see these schools face each other! Also, back in 2007 when they were ranked 3rd and 4th heading into the final week of the season and Missouri and West Virginia (ranked #1 & #2 at the time) both lost. It looked like they'd be playing in the title game! But the voters moved LSU ahead of Georgia and then LSU & Ohio State played for the title instead...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember when that was scheduled. My brothers and I were so excited to finally get to see these schools face each other! Also, back in 2007 when they were ranked 3rd and 4th heading into the final week of the season and Missouri and West Virginia (ranked #1 & #2 at the time) both lost. It looked like they'd be playing in the title game! But the voters moved LSU ahead of Georgia and then LSU & Ohio State played for the title instead...

2007 is the fuckiest season of all time.

We weren't a great team by any stretch. Richt got owned by Spurrier, and we got blown out against Tennessee, but both the losses were early and then everyone else started losing to the point where we had a 2 loss champion pre playoffs.

Would have been cool to have played in the NCG, we would have had a shot, but there's no way you couldn't take the conference champion with the same regular season record.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We weren't a great team by any stretch. Richt got owned by Spurrier, and we got blown out against Tennessee, but both the losses were early and then everyone else started losing to the point where we had a 2 loss champion pre playoffs.

Would have been cool to have played in the NCG, we would have had a shot, but there's no way you couldn't take the conference champion with the same regular season record.
Yeah, I can't argue with that. But still frustrating when we were ranked higher heading into it to seemingly fall behind only because they didn't want a non-conference champ playing for the title. Not saying it was the wrong choice, just frustrating. Probably not as frustrating as being ranked 3rd, winning the last game of the season by about 50 and then falling to 6th though, like TCU had to go through in '14.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't argue with that. But still frustrating when we were ranked higher heading into it to seemingly fall behind only because they didn't want a non-conference champ playing for the title. Not saying it was the wrong choice, just frustrating. Probably not as frustrating as being ranked 3rd, winning the last game of the season by about 50 and then falling to 6th though, like TCU had to go through in '14.

LSU had the extra data point. Tennessee wasn't a bad team in 2007, and we were a better team that showed up that day, but if Richt had just not let Spurrier get the better of him and we beat a mediocre South Carolina team, we play LSU in the SECCG with the winner taking on Ohio State.

It's not the only time an inferior Spurrier lead South Carolina team ruined our season. In 2012 we fell 5 yards short of playing for a natty, but still got passed over for the Sugar Bowl for a team we beat and had the same regular season record as because we got blown out by South Carolina in week 2.

And in 2014, the week after we dominated Clemson, we choked away the game against South Carolina. And that lead to a team we beat 34-0 in their own house winning the SEC East.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU had the extra data point. Tennessee wasn't a bad team in 2007, and we were a better team that showed up that day, but if Richt had just not let Spurrier get the better of him and we beat a mediocre South Carolina team, we play LSU in the SECCG with the winner taking on Ohio State.

It's not the only time an inferior Spurrier lead South Carolina team ruined our season. In 2012 we fell 5 yards short of playing for a natty, but still got passed over for the Sugar Bowl for a team we beat and had the same regular season record as because we got blown out by South Carolina in week 2.

And in 2014, the week after we dominated Clemson, we choked away the game against South Carolina. And that lead to a team we beat 34-0 in their own house winning the SEC East.
Yeah, I started to really hate South Carolina during that era when they kept ruining our season. Usually early in the season too. Glad we've started dominating them recently and they've not messed things up for us lately.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. Only one team has under 2 losses among all the BCS conferences, and that was only because they missed the top half of the other division and lost to the only good team in their division. Three teams with 3 losses in the final top 10. What a powerfully mediocre season all around.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bosa out, that may not happen.
You would think that, but the Buckeyes defense actually allowed fewer yards to TCU after Bosa went out. Maybe this is the spark we needed to wake up the defense from here on out?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so.
Also, now Larry Johnson may shift Dre'mont from tackle to DE and now Landers is healthy, just plug him in at tackle. I'm not as concerned as some others on here are. We will be fine. I understand you don't replace Bosa, but we have the stallions and depth to experiment. Johnson is the master behind our stellar DL. Again, I'm not worried.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I started to really hate South Carolina
good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, now Larry Johnson may shift Dre'mont from tackle to DE and now Landers is healthy, just plug him in at tackle. I'm not as concerned as some others on here are. We will be fine. I understand you don't replace Bosa, but we have the stallions and depth to experiment. Johnson is the master behind our stellar DL. Again, I'm not worried.
The freshmen are going to be needed I think. Even shifting Dre'mont over, you've got him and Young with Cooper and Cornell, but both Smith and Friday should see snaps against PSU.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes.

While people keep bringing up TCU because it was the premier matchup on the day, the truth is if you wanted UGA vs Mizzou you would be questioning a lot about UGA. Mizzou gave them points and were still in the game until the end. Mizzou doesn't have a defense yet UGA had a lot of trouble moving the ball on them.

I think the Buckeyes would win.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Georgia would win but it would be a really good game. Wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State won though.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes.

While people keep bringing up TCU because it was the premier matchup on the day, the truth is if you wanted UGA vs Mizzou you would be questioning a lot about UGA. Mizzou gave them points and were still in the game until the end. Mizzou doesn't have a defense yet UGA had a lot of trouble moving the ball on them.

I think the Buckeyes would win.

Georgia seemed to have left a lot on the field at Williams-Brice two weeks earlier. They completely dominated that game, and I don't think Mizzou is quite as talented as South Carolina. Somehow, they really got up for the Gamecocks but possibly looked past Missouri.

If UGA and OSU played this weekend, neutral site, I'd take Georgia by 4-7 points

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia seemed to have left a lot on the field at Williams-Brice two weeks earlier. They completely dominated that game, and I don't think Mizzou is quite as talented as South Carolina. Somehow, they really got up for the Gamecocks but possibly looked past Missouri.

If UGA and OSU played this weekend, neutral site, I'd take Georgia by 4-7 points

Because for South Carolina and UGA is a rivalry.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for both of them to play each other in the TaxSlayer bowl this year!