• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two things that may have been brought up already

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams didn’t play in LA. The 49ers were closer when they played at Stanford Stadium.

I wonder how Stanford got the Super Bowl.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams didn’t play in LA. The 49ers were closer when they played at Stanford Stadium.
In 1980 they most certainly did play in LA

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how Stanford got the Super Bowl.
I don't know that it was ever revealed why the game was played there. It was a home game for the 49ers since Stanford is closer to SF than their current home of Santa Clara.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Here in California, everyone wears masks all the time. We also have the worst virus numbers in the Country. I’d love to be in FLA.

"I'd love to be in FLA." When has such a statement ever been more likely to be retracted, lol?

The Cali numbers would be because it is a misconception that everyone wears masks all the time. Corona fatigue is a very real thing. We just went through a huge spike in cases from the holidays here in NY, and I would expect another following the SB, ruining an excellent run to bring the numbers way down again. People were going to get together for the holidays whether you warned them or not; hopefully they didn't lose any family members as a result.

Just be glad you're not in Europe. Places like Ireland are still in high levels of lockdown.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. We’ve also had pretty-much the harshest lockdowns and mask rules in the Country, though. And the numbers are STILL awful. Newsom has failed. Badly.
Newsom can't force others to conform any more than any other government figure. At least he puts forth the correct message (even if not following through entirely in his personal life).

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 2 things I took from the game

Refs and chiefs both performed horribly and it created a horrible game

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s awful. Some hugely successful restaurants shut down permanently. The rent concessions were embarrassing for some of these people. I mentioned to you if we didn’t own the building of our bar, we would have been in serious trouble.

the most troubling thing is commercial real estate is a permanent problem now with remote working, there’s no bounce back for that entirely. Google and Amazon seem to be gobbling up some office space, but so many of these commercial buildings and the businesses that survived around them like delis/restaurants, etc., that’s most likely a permanent issue. They will turn them into residential buildings, than the question really becomes, who will pay the premium to live here without having to be here for work when they can work remotely.

You're blaming that on local leadership? The pandemic caused all of that worldwide, not just in certain cities. NYC was aggressive in it's lockdown, which proved effective until the inevitable resurgence when people were fatigued, and then the explosion of cases as private gatherings fueled the new spread. NY is finally opening up sports and performances, but only starting at 10% capacity. Not too many acts are going to tour if the clubs are limited to 10%.

If anything, the working from home bit is probably where things were headed anyway given technological advances, and could potentially lead to more employees being on contract instead of standard employment. If 90% of your employees work on a computer all day and meetings can be done via Zoom (or something similar), you can hire people from anywhere really.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 2 things I took from the game

Refs and chiefs both performed horribly and it created a horrible game

How did the refs do horribly? The fouls called on the Chiefs seemed accurate. Did they miss obvious calls on the Bucs?