• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twins-Phillies Series thread.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we give-up another three runs. Man this team still has that quality where they can just stink-it-up!!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we give-up another three runs. Man this team still has that quality where they can just stink-it-up!!
yep. that's why I'm not yet sold on them being playoffs this year way too many holes on pitching staff

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep. that's why I'm not yet sold on them being playoffs this year way too many holes on pitching staff
I mean, there's no reason to be sold on anything one way or the other at this point. Starting staff only needs to go four deep at this point. Nola has struggled, Jake rebounded nice (even though he gave up more runs in this game), the last 3 have the talent, it's about putting it together. As for the pen, the two biggest disappointments so far have been from the guys starting camp as the favorites to close, so I won't read too much into that. RPs are a weird bunch for me as a guy can have a wildly different season from year to year. If nothing else, they have people there that have pitches that can get outs.

And as posted above, it's the second loss of the season. I understand people wanting to put each one under a microscope as some just want to think negatively about everything, but man isn't today much nicer than yesterday?

Have a good one.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not super concerned about Arietta. The stat line looks good, except for the runs. Two swings from two consecutive batters. Those are gonna happen over a long season. Ser Anthony getting blasted is a bit much, but one thing i will give the Twins over anything else is they can make those bats pop at bursts.

What stands out all the more (if we are microanalyzing just one game) is the offense falling off. There will be days like this. It’s not as simple as “JT was out of the lineup”....it just wasn’t there today.

Here’s to hanging 7-9 on them tomorrow and an offensive day like today being a rare aberration when we get a sample size 1/3 to 1/2 half of the season long.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not super concerned about Arietta. The stat line looks good, except for the runs. Two swings from two consecutive batters. Those are gonna happen over a long season. Ser Anthony getting blasted is a bit much, but one thing i will give the Twins over anything else is they can make those bats pop at bursts.

What stands out all the more (if we are microanalyzing just one game) is the offense falling off. There will be days like this. It’s not as simple as “JT was out of the lineup”....it just wasn’t there today.

Here’s to hanging 7-9 on them tomorrow and an offensive day like today being a rare aberration when we get a sample size 1/3 to 1/2 half of the season long.
of course not. Pineda has talent. While Hernandez didn't strike with 2 outs and bases loaded, it's not like the pitcher got their from being shite, Harper and Herrera got on via dribblers and he really was around the zone working around Hoskins to the point I thought their might have been some strikes in there...

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was a reality check for me. Scoring only 2 runs and a bullpen letdown brought me down to earth. The Phillies
are not invincible!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eflin gets the start today. Expect him to shut the twins down! Cesar will bounce back with a couple of hits. Harper due
for a Home run. GO PHILLIES!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eflin gets the start today. Expect him to shut the twins down! Cesar will bounce back with a couple of hits. Harper due
for a Home run. GO PHILLIES!

Berrios v Elfin today. Berrios is actually the Minny pitcher I worried most about facing this series. But hopefully we can bounce back well in this one.

While no trend yet I am high on Elfin and riding the positive wave enough to start him in my FanDuel roster today. Which might not be a smart thing.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the offense has completely disappeared

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get out of this series with at least 2 wins because I hate seeing the Muts sitting above us in the standings of the NL East.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Series. Our offense is just too inept with RISP to win multiple games.

And we decided to basically concede games by sitting our top guys when we already have to hit the pitcher.

Phils gonna be dangerous tho

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s-l400.jpg