• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tweedy

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why is he just now getting onto the field? I have no idea how much we've used the WHIP this year and I guess that says a lot about how good the play has been from the position. You sure knew if Cody Grimm was on the field. Anyway is it Cornell's call? Does he know what he's doing?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put him in against FSU to blitz. They turned him loose and it worked. He is a great special teams player because that is basically run down your lane, then go get the ball. Like 46 said he is instinctual and that works blitzing and on ST. Just not so much when we arent blitzing 75% of the time

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I say play him heavily in the last 2 games and blitz him. Seems like EVERYONE is a liability in coverage this year. Pretty bad when a converted safety is your best cover guy

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I say play him heavily in the last 2 games and blitz him. Seems like EVERYONE is a liability in coverage this year. Pretty bad when a converted safety is your best cover guy

You can't leave him in to blitz every single play because then the offense knows where to throw the ball every play. If Tweedy could get off blocks a little better and was decent in coverage....he would probably be the best whip in VT history, and not borderline 3rd string. It is what it is though. RVD is the future.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been watching the games and I don't see RVD in on much of the action for whatever reason. It worked against FSU why not against BC and UVA

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the games and I don't see RVD in on much of the action for whatever reason. It worked against FSU why not against BC and UVA

Because we have been playing a lot of nickel and pulling the whip out in favor of a DB. That's the reason you haven't seen much out of ANY whip all year. They were determined to blitz more against FSU, but Cole's injury solidified that decision. All games aren't created equal, and they could very well play Tweedy (or our base-set in general) more for the remainder season, but don't think Foster is an idiot if he doesn't. Different game plans work better against different teams, and it is up to Foster to determine what he thinks is the right course of action for BC and UVA. He is one of the best DCs in the country at that, and I will trust in him to do what is best for the VT defense.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like a defense that doesn't include Michael Cole and Bonner out there at the same time myself. I refuse to believe Tweedy makes the defense worse than those 2 do

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us doing what we used to do before, Run blitz to shut down their running game and force them to beat us in the air. These 2 teams arent going to light us up like other teams have and then we can bring pressure on pass plays and hopefully make some turnovers. I think we will see RVD a lot more these 2 weeks.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Virginia Tech's Tweedy hustles way into more playing time - Inside VT Sports: Football

Looks like Tweedy will play more from here on out. It would be another frustrating, unexplainable thing in this horrible season if he ends up making an impact in the last 3 games after rotting on the sideline all year.

1) Why play Eric Martin and Wang when there are better options?

2) See above for Michael Holmes

3) Where is Scales?

4) Why have Marcus Davis and Dyrell been getting so many snaps when they are so inconsistent with effort and performance?

5) Why can't we kick it in the endzone on kickoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another start another big game from Tweedy. I expect bad decisions from the offensive coaches but on defense? What the hell is going on at VT?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another start another big game from Tweedy. I expect bad decisions from the offensive coaches but on defense? What the hell is going on at VT?

My best guess is that Tweedy hasn't looked as good in practice as he has in the last couple games. Some players practice better than they play and vice-versa. Bud Foster will put his best guys out there and isn't afraid to start anyone over another. I have heard that Tweedy has questionable cover skills and isn't exactly a beast in run support either. That he is more of a "havoc creator'. The last couple weeks he has played very well. Maybe Foster should have gotten him in there earlier. We have really missed Tariq Edwards this year, Tweedy is a breathe of fresh air in regards to pass rush this season. He had 2 sacks yesterday and although didn't get any vs. FSU was all still all over the place.