• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twas the night before Christmas...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got? Call your shot here, or what you want. Doesn't necessarily have to be Lions picks if you're hoping for other things or call any shots anywhere else.

For me at #2 I'm good with any of the DE's. I'd be upset with a Safety, and down right mad with a CB. If it was a QB I would be on suicide (or homicide) watch.

At #32 there's a handful of LB's, WR's and Safeties who all could be gone at 15 overall or could still be there on day2. Part of me is in love with Nakobe Dean, he was the leader and playmaker and best player on the best defense in college. That usually means something. But another part of me thinks of Rey Maulagaga being the best player on his college team. Then his fellow LB teammate Brian Cushing was defensive rookie of the year and the college LB who played on his other side was Clay Matthews who was a multi time pro bowler. I think my wishlist to fall to 32 would be Devin Lloyd followed by Treylon Burks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher and like you, I'm wishing that Lloyd falls to No.32.

I also like Dean, but I'm scared of what "might happen" to him down the road physically. I made a post about some of his medical.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want players who are starters in those first 3 picks - two Thursday night and the first one Friday.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While size alone won’t be a concern for the Lions, his ability to stay healthy could be, and according to Albert Breer, some teams are very worried about that with Dean, who had a laundry list of injuries thus far:

Dean’s medical has come up with a few teams. There’s nothing disqualifying in there (he’s had a shoulder labrum repair, he’s got tendonitis and tearing in his knee, plus there was a pec and groin issue before his pro day … and there’s a laundry list beyond just that), but there’s plenty to sort through. And it’s making some wonder how, as a smaller linebacker, he’ll hold up in the NFL.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher and like you, I'm wishing that Lloyd falls to No.32.

I also like Dean, but I'm scared of what "might happen" to him down the road physically. I made a post about some of his medical.
I made the distinction of DE instead of edge rusher, because I don't think of Walker as an edge rusher. He has the physical ability to do it, but his on field game is much more measured. But that's not necessarily a disqualification for me. All along I've seen his game more like Richard Seymour (although undersized currently) rather than Myles Garrett. He might only be a 7-9 sack guy instead of a 12-15 edge rusher, but Richard Seymour is a hall of famer. Tavon Walker has more to his game than the other 2 guys being looked at, but also less pure pass rush. All IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the distinction of DE instead of edge rusher, because I don't think of Walker as an edge rusher. He has the physical ability to do it, but his on field game is much more measured. But that's not necessarily a disqualification for me. All along I've seen his game more like Richard Seymour (although undersized currently) rather than Myles Garrett. He might only be a 7-9 sack guy instead of a 12-15 edge rusher, but Richard Seymour is a hall of famer. Tavon Walker has more to his game than the other 2 guys being looked at, but also less pure pass rush. All IMO.

All very good points.

If we're being honest, Travon Walker is the one perfect complement to weakside rushers C. Harris and J. Okwara. Also, Walker will be playing more on the strongside while having Austin Bryant as a rotational player there eases the return of R. Okwara should he not be ready to go at the start of the season.

I won't hate the pick of Walker by any means.

I don't see any of the so-called top edge players becoming consistent 10-12+ sacks players by year three and beyond.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of off the cuff predictions for tonight's draft

Kyle Hamilton doesn't get drafted in TOP 12

George Karlaftis isn't drafted in round 1 - despite all the media predicting him to be drafted in round 1

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibodeaux at 2
Willis at 32

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutchinson at 2, then more defense at 32 and 34 (BPA, not just bodies to fill a need). Just help get a solid defensive front seven.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hutch at 2 and trade 32 for a 2nd, 4th, and 5th.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of off the cuff predictions for tonight's draft

Kyle Hamilton doesn't get drafted in TOP 12

George Karlaftis isn't drafted in round 1 - despite all the media predicting him to be drafted in round 1
If Kyle Hamilton falls that far I would 100% be ok with trading up to get him, as long as it didn't cost any of next years 1sts. 32, 34, and next years 2nd from the top of my head without looking at value charts. It's hard to give up what should be 2 solid starters at 32 and 34, but I think Hamilton is a pro bowl level guy.