• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tulo and Injuries...

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...just seem to go together don't they. As this latest one goes it looks liked he dodged a bullet as it's only a mild strain of the left (non-throwing) rotator cuff and is day to day. Great news.
I note that through his first 23 games of the season his RG/9 (range factor per 9 inning game) is at 5.90 which is the highest rate it's has ever been in his career including his rookie season when it was 5.39 and his two GG years when he was at 5.06 & 5.05. I know we can get hung up on different stats but, range factor, I think is a very good indicator as far as stats go and is not misleading in any way as some are. It's Putouts and Assists per 9 innings played. The League average for Shortstops is 4.36 just to show how far above the curve Tulo is.
He knows how to play the game only one way and that's in his DNA...so to speak...so it'll never change and as long as the injuries aren't significant I'll take him just the way he is...one of the best middle infielders in the game, arguably the best.

C U Buff Fan1

Total Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a healthy Tulo is worth 20 games to the Rox. Let's just hope it is just a couple games.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is sure frustrating when any player gets hurt; especially your best player. And, it doesn't help when people say that it's just part of the game. You still don't have your best player on the field.

Hopefully, Tulo is okay and won't miss much if any time.

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always such a gentleman, Silas. Thank you 67RS, for enlightening us on Tulo's range factor this year. His injuries have become commonplace, yet always depressing for a Rockies fan to see Tulo exit the game. His range factor which is a major indicator for showing us Tulo's prowess as a defensive shortstop which is the main reason why he is my favorite player playing today. I love to watch him in the field and consider it a wonderful bonus when he is hitting well also. It has been said many times, as Tulo goes, so go the Rockies. His absence last year hurt us in the win/loss column, but also took away my major reason for watching the Rockies. I think it is close to impossible to estimate his value to the Rockies. I am hoping it is just a couple of games but I would rather he stay out a couple of extra games now so it doesn't develop into a more critical injury. I think I am entitled to say after 14 shoulder surgeries, that I would like him to heal completely before he returns.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulo is reminiscent of Mantle and Griffey, Jr...............we may never know just how good Tulo is with all the injuries he seems to suffer. Rockies will definitely miss him going forward.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing for sure. It's not like he's out of shape or doesn't take the game seriously. He seems more like a workout freak. He just has horrible luck. Either that, or he's made of glass. I hope they can manage without him.

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt the Rockies will miss Tulo during his DL stint. We won't see him on the field until after the ASG. I do feel that this time the Rockies,as long as the rest of the team stays healthy, will stay in contention. The lineup has too much depth and the pitching compared to years past has greatly improved. Players like Colvin, Arenado and Rosario are already showing improvement the day following Tulo's injury. Once Fowlers hand heals and he can swing the bat with authority he will continue to put up the numbers along with Cargo and Cuddyer.