• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tua is a brittle bitch...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's probably a better chance he ends up being someone who constantly gets hurt than someone who doesn't get hurt again. Sad but he will make good money getting drafted in the first round but I bet he either never sees a second one or he's like Cam N searching for work.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I really hope the Lions take him. He's not a need right now and what a perfect player to take a chance on with a super high ceiling. But my guess is that he ends up at Miami who will need him right now, rush him to the field and he'll get hurt.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone took a chance on Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow... he will go in round one because franchises over value the qb position when it comes to drafting.
All three are different. Manziel was all flash low character, Tebow was great character and leadership but didn't have the tools to be a great or even good thrower. Tua is a great kid and when healthy a QB with great potential but his wrist and then a knee and now a hip. That's not someone you think will play your whole season. People see Carson Wentz and think he might not ever fulfill his potential and wonder if that's Tuas future..

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three are different. Manziel was all flash low character, Tebow was great character and leadership but didn't have the tools to be a great or even good thrower. Tua is a great kid and when healthy a QB with great potential but his wrist and then a knee and now a hip. That's not someone you think will play your whole season. People see Carson Wentz and think he might not ever fulfill his potential and wonder if that's Tuas future..
I personally believe someone will draft him and expect to sit him for a year. No way he falls past the second. I would risk a injury prone Tua over any option not named Burrow.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say whats real and whats smoke this time of year.

Leaks to drive trade price down?

Regardless if I was a GM I would avoid the dude. He is 6' and a generous 190.

To many injuries to think he will not keep having these problems.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say whats real and whats smoke this time of year.

Leaks to drive trade price down?

Regardless if I was a GM I would avoid the dude. He is 6' and a generous 190.

To many injuries to think he will not keep having these problems.
Possibly. I just think GM’s are stupid. There will likely be at least 3-4 first round quarterbacks drafted when in all likelihood you can draft a guy of equal value in the 5th.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underclassmen quarterbacks that enter that draft have much higher bust potential.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. I just think GM’s are stupid. There will likely be at least 3-4 first round quarterbacks drafted when in all likelihood you can draft a guy of equal value in the 5th.

I have always thought the stupid GMs are the ones that always think they are the smartest guys in the draft and make the stupid reach.

I think Jalen Hurts has equal value to Tua with less injury concern.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought the stupid GMs are the ones that always think they are the smartest guys in the draft and make the stupid reach.

I could see them having similar careers. Hurts will likely go what late second/third? I think sit back and trade up to get the guy you want, but too many waste first round picks. Trade away the garbage picks and get an equal option later.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally believe someone will draft him and expect to sit him for a year. No way he falls past the second. I would risk a injury prone Tua over any option not named Burrow.
I like Herbert. He didn't have the receivers and he didn't have the coaching at Oregon that Burrow or Tua had.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jalen is a strong runner but still has issues with throwing players open and reading defenses. I don't think those are things he can fix a the next level. But he's a great kid and I hope he proves me wrong. I just think he's going to lean too much on his running strength and end up getting hurt like Cam.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Herbert. He didn't have the receivers and he didn't have the coaching at Oregon that Burrow or Tua had.

Yeah but he sure was erratic at times. Some of his throws just left your scratching your head.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Herbert over Tua right now, tbh. He might not have as high a ceiling, but I think he has a higher floor. He's proven to be durable, and he's obviously a playmaker. If Tua stays healthy, he's got Russell Wilson upside, while Herbert's upside is probably Philip Rivers, but I'd take a really good QB who can stay on the field over a great QB who can't.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he sure was erratic at times. Some of his throws just left your scratching your head.
You saw him more than I did but I saw his last game and on offence he was the best player on the field and took control of the game. I like that he took what he could get. I guess we will find out if his bad reads/throws were because he just doesn't read the defense quick enough or if he just wasn't coached up enough. Or he just didn't have good enough receivers. Tua and Burrow were throwing to a bunch of receivers who will be top two round picks and RBs the other defense had to worry about..

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro football is the methadone for treating CFB withdrawals. That said, there are a number of available QBs who are better pro prospects, IMHO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw him more than I did but I saw his last game and on offence he was the best player on the field and took control of the game. I like that he took what he could get. I guess we will find out if his bad reads/throws were because he just doesn't read the defense quick enough or if he just wasn't coached up enough. Or he just didn't have good enough receivers. Tua and Burrow were throwing to a bunch of receivers who will be top two round picks and RBs the other defense had to worry about..
It'll be interesting to see where Herbert goes. I think the Chargers are a perfect match. With Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Hunter Henry, along with Ekeler out of the backfield, that seems like a perfect fit for his skillset. With the success they've had offensively with Rivers, he could be a great continuation.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see where Herbert goes. I think the Chargers are a perfect match. With Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Hunter Henry, along with Ekeler out of the backfield, that seems like a perfect fit for his skillset. With the success they've had offensively with Rivers, he could be a great continuation.

Yeah good points. Rivers was unable to move and threw some really bad balls up for grabs. They could have easily made the playoffs with some decent QB play. There's enough weapons on that team that Herbert wouldn't be asked to do too much.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Herbert over Tua right now, tbh. He might not have as high a ceiling, but I think he has a higher floor. He's proven to be durable, and he's obviously a playmaker. If Tua stays healthy, he's got Russell Wilson upside, while Herbert's upside is probably Philip Rivers, but I'd take a really good QB who can stay on the field over a great QB who can't.

Love is gonna be better than both. I think Herbert has bust potential written all over him.