• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua Injured

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Tua has a quick and full recovery.
Flores has been right about focusing on winning. You never know what could happen with a player before a draft. Building a smart, disciplined, hard working team has been his focus.
Tua will most probably be available when the Fins pick. Teams have to be concerned about his durability. He may even make it to the Fins 2nd or 3rd first round pick.
Tua's injury is not a good look for Saban or Bama. Tua shouldn't have even played in the game. He was limping off the field last week.
I will be watching Herbert's next game. He doesn't get as much hype on the East coast but I have heard some good things about his game. I haven't seen him play. I usually watch the SEC and ACC. I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon make the playoffs to see what Herbert can do against a top defense.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Tua has a quick and full recovery.
Flores has been right about focusing on winning. You never know what could happen with a player before a draft. Building a smart, disciplined, hard working team has been his focus.
Tua will most probably be available when the Fins pick. Teams have to be concerned about his durability. He may even make it to the Fins 2nd or 3rd first round pick.
Tua's injury is not a good look for Saban or Bama. Tua shouldn't have even played in the game. He was limping off the field last week.
I will be watching Herbert's next game. He doesn't get as much hype on the East coast but I have heard some good things about his game. I haven't seen him play. I usually watch the SEC and ACC. I wouldn't mind seeing Oregon make the playoffs to see what Herbert can do against a top defense.

I think the injury drops Tua out of top 5-10 pick territory. I agree with Herbert, would like to see him play. He had decent game against Auburn who is a top 25D but was first game of season, so not really much you can read into that

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the injury drops Tua out of top 5-10 pick territory. I agree with Herbert, would like to see him play. He had decent game against Auburn who is a top 25D but was first game of season, so not really much you can read into that

That Auburn game was early on. He had a TD and no INTs. He wasn't a star vs. Auburn but he didn't lose the game for his team either.

I watched Herbert play against Arizona. He reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger. He's a big strong QB. He made a few bad decisions but he also made a lot of good plays. For the season he has only 3 INTs with 28 TDs. He is athletic enough to run but avoids taking big hits. My initial impression is with a good Oline he could have success in the NFL. He doesn't have the best receivers to work with but his Oline seems solid. He deals with pressure well and still makes plays.

The Fins could use a later pick for Tua but I think he comes with risks. If they go that route then getting a RT with the first pick would be essential before picking him and maybe even a OG with an early pick would be best. The Fins have 3 first rounders so they could make it work if they choose to.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Auburn game was early on. He had a TD and no INTs. He wasn't a star vs. Auburn but he didn't lose the game for his team either.

I watched Herbert play against Arizona. He reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger. He's a big strong QB. He made a few bad decisions but he also made a lot of good plays. For the season he has only 3 INTs with 28 TDs. He is athletic enough to run but avoids taking big hits. My initial impression is with a good Oline he could have success in the NFL. He doesn't have the best receivers to work with but his Oline seems solid. He deals with pressure well and still makes plays.

The Fins could use a later pick for Tua but I think he comes with risks. If they go that route then getting a RT with the first pick would be essential before picking him and maybe even a OG with an early pick would be best. The Fins have 3 first rounders so they could make it work if they choose to.

I think I'll talk up Tua for the Patriots and maybe see the Fins jump all over him.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psaboy,

I watched Herbert play ASU. He played terrible. He didn't look like a top 10 pick. He will need to be more consistent with his decisions and accuracy.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking that Jalen Hurts could be a good choice. He has won alot as a QB. Also, he seems to be a high character good leader type in addition to his talent.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been thinking that Jalen Hurts could be a good choice. He has won alot as a QB. Also, he seems to be a high character good leader type in addition to his talent.
He is not an NFL QB in my opinion. Poor/late decisions. I’d be surprised if he is drafted before the 4th round

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not an NFL QB in my opinion. Poor/late decisions. I’d be surprised if he is drafted before the 4th round

There is no way that he makes it to the 4th round. He is part of the trend of running QBs who can also throw. He has been impressive in college. He's a winner. You have seen the Pats struggle with mobile QBs who can throw. That is what he does.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way that he makes it to the 4th round. He is part of the trend of running QBs who can also throw. He has been impressive in college. He's a winner. You have seen the Pats struggle with mobile QBs who can throw. That is what he does.
Wanna re-consider Hurts going in the top 3 rounds?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play well that's for sure. I think the LSU defense had something to do with his poor play. He didn't look like a first round talent that's for sure.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good kid. Kind of kid you want to succeed. Unfortunately he is doomed to fail in the NFL.
Will not be able to run in NFL and has not got an arm.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Qb or two that may be available, Eason from Washington or that kid from Utah State. One of those may slip to low 1st, or 2nd round. I still think they need to stay away from Tua.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see who the Fins pick at QB. They will have their choice of any QB not named Burrow. They have the most draft capital so they can stay at pick 5, trade down or use a later pick on a qb.

Tua is a high risk and potentially high reward player. They may not have ruled him out.

The Fins will pick an accurate passer, good decision maker and leader based on what they value at the QB position.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see who the Fins pick at QB. They will have their choice of any QB not named Burrow. They have the most draft capital so they can stay at pick 5, trade down or use a later pick on a qb.

Tua is a high risk and potentially high reward player. They may not have ruled him out.

The Fins will pick an accurate passer, good decision maker and leader based on what they value at the QB position.

Precisely, Tua is not a bad choice but a very dangerous choise (in 1st round) 2nd round I'd consider. 3rd I'd jump all over the pick. There are too many teams needing a QB for him to last very long into the 2nd, IMHO.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely, Tua is not a bad choice but a very dangerous choise (in 1st round) 2nd round I'd consider. 3rd I'd jump all over the pick. There are too many teams needing a QB for him to last very long into the 2nd, IMHO.....
5 is risky unless they feel comfortable with doctors assessment otherwise he'd go 1 or 2. Will he last until 18 I'm not sure about that someone will roll the dice. Fins could move up from 18 if he falls as well or simply go in another direction.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they want him. They are gonna have to take him at 5. FWIW, there was a video a couple days ago of Tua walking with a single crutch. Very positive recovery thus far

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they want him. They are gonna have to take him at 5. FWIW, there was a video a couple days ago of Tua walking with a single crutch. Very positive recovery thus far
Good to hear even if they don't get him it means another team had to use a pick. We have to trust that they know what they're doing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he slides, Belichick will grab him at the end of the 1st Round. He will not get by the patriots if he's available.
Belichick has a history of grabbing guys who were injured in college.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he slides, Belichick will grab him at the end of the 1st Round. He will not get by the patriots if he's available.
Belichick has a history of grabbing guys who were injured in college.
I don't think that he'll make it to 20. Probably go top 10.