• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tua Declared for Draft

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the partys officially over for Bama. Begging for a Boca Raton bowl bid is all you have to look forward to each year from now on.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. thought that was a 50/50 thing......

anyway, how can any of these nfl teams can possibly know whether he can still play - at the high level of qbs in the nfl???? considering that horrible injury??? seems like a blind gamble to me......
read an article on espn that he wont be ready for combine in feb but hopes to have a pro day at bama in march.....

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for the kid. He will still probably be 1st round, but damn, did is he ever gonna fall compared to a few months ago.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I saw him play as a freshman and sophomore at my former HS before he transfered to Mater Dei and while he was fun to watch I could never Imagine he's go on to be one of the top HS QBs in the country.
I have seen him play a few times watching entire clips of games. He is dynamic, if he has good receivers. I am hoping he is going to continue to have good receivers like the ones we've had the last few years. If so, and we get some blocking for him, he could be what helps heal missing Tua might bring on.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think it is easier to showcase your talent and truthfully to hone your craft if you're being chased around all day throwing to shit receivers at a less than stellar football college. Not that all of these guys were throwing to shit receivers, but they certainly weren't throwing to a bunch of highly recruited 4 and 5 stars...or being protected by the same.

On the flip side though, the HOF is full of guys like Montana, Namath and Manning that went to factories.
I agree. Just don't think one's "talent" can be completely judged because of the talent or lack of talent they have around them. But a good offensive line and good receivers do make a difference IMHO. Wasn't it Randy Moss that said "Just throw the damn ball. I'll get it." or something like that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder were high first round picks. Every QB early in the draft is a gamble
I thought EJ Manuel would be very good at the next level.

Don't feel that way about Tua. Would not draft him this offseason coming off such an injury.

Wish him well, but wouldn't gamble on him.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Tua. I wish him good luck and think this was the best decision for both parties. He gets his money and we get to stabilize our QB position. Mac Jones did well and we've got Bryce Young and Taulia on deck.

Now I hope he becomes a franchise QB somewhere and plays healthy for the next 2 decades.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. thought that was a 50/50 thing......

anyway, how can any of these nfl teams can possibly know whether he can still play - at the high level of qbs in the nfl???? considering that horrible injury??? seems like a blind gamble to me......

ANY QB taken in the first round is a gamble IMHO.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought EJ Manuel would be very good at the next level.

Don't feel that way about Tua. Would not draft him this offseason coming off such an injury.

Wish him well, but wouldn't gamble on him.
Chuck Long and David Klingler are asking

hey-bud-whats.jpg

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Just don't think one's "talent" can be completely judged because of the talent or lack of talent they have around them. But a good offensive line and good receivers do make a difference IMHO. Wasn't it Randy Moss that said "Just throw the damn ball. I'll get it." or something like that.
Something to that effect. Or Keyshawn Johnson who said "just throw ME the damned ball"

One can be a good QB in the league and not necessarily be a dynamic talent (Ex. Ryan Fitzpatrick)

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt there a dingle-berry who was obsessed about saying Tua was coming back for 1 more year?