• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trying to remain optimistic

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Sean Lee is BACK! Lee is an animal when healthy.

More surprising: Mo Claiborne looks like a contributor. I have been real happy with his play so far.

Wilcox has turned a corner, too.

Things look bleak right now, but with Hardy and McClain coming back soon, and Gregory not long after those two, this defense has the potential to be very good. I'm very excited by what I have seen from the defense so far. Who knows, maybe this D can carry us for a little while until we get our weapons back?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Sean Lee is BACK! Lee is an animal when healthy.

More surprising: Mo Claiborne looks like a contributor. I have been real happy with his play so far.

Wilcox has turned a corner, too.

Things look bleak right now, but with Hardy and McClain coming back soon, and Gregory not long after those two, this defense has the potential to be very good. I'm very excited by what I have seen from the defense so far. Who knows, maybe this D can carry us for a little while until we get our weapons back?

We also need to get the running game going. Not seeing the gapping holes thus far this year....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also need to get the running game going. Not seeing the gapping holes thus far this year....

The O-line needs to play better, but I believe they will get it together - they haven't been bad, though. Pass protection has been good.

Randle looked pretty good to me yesterday, he was running hard and not giving up on plays. McFadden let me down, he looked slow yesterday with no burst. in fairness to McFadden, the Oline was not giving him much room to run either.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Jarntt's thread. He beat me to it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Jarntt's thread. He beat me to it.
Agree with you on Randle yesterday. I know his numbers didn't look great, but I thought he ran the ball very well yesterday. Week 1 he went down on first contact. This week he always seemed to fall forward or fight for an extra couple of yards. This Philly front 7 is real good. I think if it weren't for the penalties we would have looked a lot better than we did. Need to clean that up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you on Randle yesterday. I know his numbers didn't look great, but I thought he ran the ball very well yesterday. Week 1 he went down on first contact. This week he always seemed to fall forward or fight for an extra couple of yards. This Philly front 7 is real good. I think if it weren't for the penalties we would have looked a lot better than we did. Need to clean that up.
I thought Randle did ok, though I really think we need Michael for short yardage. When Escobar came up 1 yard short of the goal line, and we get stuffed on the first attempt, two straight passes isn't how this team won 12 games last year

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about 3 weeks from now when Hardy, Gregory and McClain get back....and a big nod to the secondary yesterday. Playing without Scandrick, great job. Mo looks confident for the first time in forever

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny....there was no optimistic stuff last night being said. Only doom and gloom but now the sun has come up.

Dallas fans remain a notch above Washington and philly fans

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny....there was no optimistic stuff last night being said. Only doom and gloom but now the sun has come up.

Dallas fans remain a notch above Washington and philly fans

I think we all needed a night and some sleep to digest what has happened over the past two weeks in regards to injuries.

These are the types of situations that build championship mettle, and for the first time in a long time, I think Dallas is up to the challenge.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Randle did ok, though I really think we need Michael for short yardage. When Escobar came up 1 yard short of the goal line, and we get stuffed on the first attempt, two straight passes isn't how this team won 12 games last year
Romo looked like crap on those two passes too. Agree on only running once, but that is the play calling, not the RB. We should have run the ball there. First and goal at the one??? No way I don't run twice at least. Was so happy when we ran it on 3rd and 2 near the end of the game and McFadden bulled forward for the first. That was a statement play

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all needed a night and some sleep to digest what has happened over the past two weeks in regards to injuries.

These are the types of situations that build championship mettle, and for the first time in a long time, I think Dallas is up to the challenge.
yep...2-0 is pretty good when professional reside on both sidelines

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass to Escobar was a back shoulder pass, not sure where he was suppose to throw it. Escobar , as big as he is, I have never seen him win a jump ball. Don't remember the third down pass off hand

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...2-0 is pretty good when professional reside on both sidelines

Yeah, absolutely. The real test will be the next few weeks to see how Dallas responds now that teams will be game planning for Weeden.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 penalties, no Dez, two turnovers, lost our franchise QB in the third quarter, no Gregory, on the road as the underdog. Yet the boys found a way to win the ballgame. This is the sort of game the Cowboys of the past would have blown. With this O-line and that defense we still have a chance, and the defense is only going to get better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass to Escobar was a back shoulder pass, not sure where he was suppose to throw it. Escobar , as big as he is, I have never seen him win a jump ball. Don't remember the third down pass off hand
Back shoulder,,,he threw it back seat. 3rd Down was to Witten with a LB closing. Just looked like a weird play to throw. Was happy he didn't throw the one to Escobar at the end of the half. looked like he made up his mind he was going there and didn't see the help drop before the snap. Smart to toss that one elsewhere before the clock expired.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 penalties, no Dez, two turnovers, lost our franchise QB in the third quarter, no Gregory, on the road as the underdog. Yet the boys found a way to win the ballgame. This is the sort of game the Cowboys of the past would have blown. With this O-line and that defense we still have a chance, and the defense is only going to get better.
Same as last week and a good part of last year. We now seem to win the games we used to find a way to lose. Mental toughness has replaced mentally soft. I give a lot of that credit to Garrett.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy,mcclain and Gregory improve an already better defense. The defense is going to have to carry the load. If teams continue the stack the line even weeden can. make them pay. I think division title still possible, but advancing any further than that is not likely unless bryant and romo come back in december.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Jerry never misses a chance with a mic...Just about as low as a crippled cricket's ass...LOL

PHILADELPHIA -- Tony Romo immediately grabbed his left shoulder as his arm lay limp beside his body in the third quarter Sunday after he was driven to the ground at Lincoln Financial Field.

Jerry Jones, watching from above, dropped his head and put his hand across his forehead. He knew this was bad.

The Cowboys quarterback walked off the field, not moving his arm, and went straight to the locker room. An X-ray showed that he has a broken left clavicle -- the same injury he suffered in 2010 -- and will miss several weeks.

Romo said he knew his fate the moment he hit the turf.

"I felt it. It had a little bit of a pop to it," Romo said. "Obviously, I've felt it before. Your body goes into a little bit of shock, and you just have to wait it out for a second to come back."

The Cowboys were already without star receiver Dez Bryant until at least late October after he fractured his right foot last week in the opener against the Giants. So how did Jones feel to lose his franchise quarterback one week later?

"Just about as low as a crippled cricket's ass," Jones said. "And I was feeling sorry for myself. I thought the world was picking on me. How could anybody be as bad off as me? Of course, we know I'm afraid to think that because lightning can strike. And I've had it too good in my life. But I certainly thought about Tony, how simply disappointing it is because of his expectations."

After Romo received the bad news, he immediately called Jones during the game.

"We both were sick," Jones said of the conversation. "This is a real disappointment. There's no question it's a setback."

Sources said the break in Romo's left clavicle is close to the fracture he endured in 2010, but the Cowboys can't be sure yet of a time frame for him until the swelling goes down and additional tests -- including a CT scan -- are performed Monday.

Romo first broke his collarbone against the Giants on Oct. 25, 2010. The club held out hope then Romo would return but finally put him on the injured list in December, meaning Romo missed the final 10 games.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers broke his left collarbone in 2013 and missed seven games before returning in the regular-season finale. Eagles quarterback Nick Foles missed the final eight games last season after fracturing his clavicle.

Does Romo anticipate a potential return in eight weeks?

"That's a good question," Romo said as he stood at the podium with his left arm in a sling. "We'll anticipate after we go look at it [Monday]. Collarbones take a little longer sometimes, but sometimes you can get back quicker."

Cowboys QB Tony Romo injured; Jerry Jones: 'Just about as low as a crippled cricket's ass'

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Cam. This guy should be Superman. you just can't knock him out. Two sprained ankles and a sprained knee? He may die on the Football field some day.

Jason Witten plays through ankle, knee injuries

Posted by Josh Alper on September 21, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
489361426-e1442830791153.jpgGetty Images
The Cowboys lost quarterback Tony Romo to a broken collarbone on Sunday and they lost wide receiver Dez Bryant to a broken bone in his foot during Week One, which sets tight endJason Witten up as either the leader of the offense or the next guy to go down in a heap.

For now, it’s looking like the former because Witten was able to get through Sunday’s game despite what the the Cowboys said are two sprained ankles and a sprained knee. When asked about the injuries after the game, Witten channelled the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

“It’s just some bumps and bruises,” Witten said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “Typical football stuff. I’ll be fine.”

Witten’s “it’s just a flesh wound” approach kept the Cowboys from missing anyone else from the offense this Sunday and they’re going to need the entire offense to adopt the same attitude about losing Romo and Bryant. Tough as it will be without them, the Cowboys are 2-0 with two divisional wins and finding a way to stay afloat can still result in a winning season.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Witten is tough as nails, played with a broken jaw, busted spleen, and a broken nose. Two sprained ankles and one knee for him is like a flea bite lol. They just don't make many Wittens now a days lol.