• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

True grit from this team tonight

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballsy win. That's all I can say. How easy would it have been for this team to curl up into a ball and mail the game in after falling down 17-0? But hell no.

The injuries continued to come in bunches, but guys just stepped in and did their job, and in Kyle Fuller's case. Far more. Jeffery and Marshall showed big time toughness staying in there, limping around, but finding any way they could to be effective.

Cutler may have had his signature performance as a Bear, to this date. There's a few other that are close. But this was everything we have ever wanted to see from Jay. Poised, calm, and collected. Never got frustrated and forced balls. Never started yelling on the sideline. I think it was a great sign of maturity from him. Cutler a few years ago, I don't know if he handles this game like this. I think it may have become a pick circus.

But taking that hit to the chest like he did and lying on the ground. Then getting up and firing his next two passes down the field and into the end zone for a touchdown? Him and this team overcame some REAL adversity. Hell, this team was facing adversity just going into San Fran to play in a place they hadn't won in 30 years.

I hope this is a sign of things to come. This is the kind of win that could really propel a team forward. An "impossible" comeback, in an "impossible" game to begin with.

And as for the Niners fans that are blaming this on the refs. Look, yes… the refs were WAY to quick with the flag trigger, my lord. But both teams were getting called for hold/illegal contacts early on. The Niners had drives extended a couple of times. But as the game progressed, the Bears DB's adjust where the Niners did not. Obviously, the refs were keying on something, and the Bears realized this and adjusted. The Niners just ran around the field with their arms up in the air, bitching and moaning. The Bears kept their head on a swivel and moved forward.

Don't forget the play clock mishap, and the BS challenge reversal on Martellus too. Both cost us points.

The Bears beat the living hell out of the Niners in final 32 minutes of this game. Plain and simple. The pass rush swarmed Kaep, sacking him and forcing bad throws. Ego, Sutton, Ratliff, etc… actually got a push up the middle on run plays, allowing the LB's to fill their gaps properly. And Fuller, made Kaep pay with those throws.

A strange… strange game. But a great win. Jeez… feels damned good. Honestly, I was looking at this schedule and going; "Jesus, when will we win a freaking game?"

Time for a VICTORY MONDAY! :suds:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballsy win. That's all I can say. How easy would it have been for this team to curl up into a ball and mail the game in after falling down 17-0? But hell no.

The injuries continued to come in bunches, but guys just stepped in and did their job, and in Kyle Fuller's case. Far more. Jeffery and Marshall showed big time toughness staying in there, limping around, but finding any way they could to be effective.

Cutler may have had his signature performance as a Bear, to this date. There's a few other that are close. But this was everything we have ever wanted to see from Jay. Poised, calm, and collected. Never got frustrated and forced balls. Never started yelling on the sideline. I think it was a great sign of maturity from him. Cutler a few years ago, I don't know if he handles this game like this. I think it may have become a pick circus.

But taking that hit to the chest like he did and lying on the ground. Then getting up and firing his next two passes down the field and into the end zone for a touchdown? Him and this team overcame some REAL adversity. Hell, this team was facing adversity just going into San Fran to play in a place they hadn't won in 30 years.

I hope this is a sign of things to come. This is the kind of win that could really propel a team forward. An "impossible" comeback, in an "impossible" game to begin with.

And as for the Niners fans that are blaming this on the refs. Look, yes… the refs were WAY to quick with the flag trigger, my lord. But both teams were getting called for hold/illegal contacts early on. The Niners had drives extended a couple of times. But as the game progressed, the Bears DB's adjust where the Niners did not. Obviously, the refs were keying on something, and the Bears realized this and adjusted. The Niners just ran around the field with their arms up in the air, bitching and moaning. The Bears kept their head on a swivel and moved forward.

Don't forget the play clock mishap, and the BS challenge reversal on Martellus too. Both cost us points.

The Bears beat the living hell out of the Niners in final 32 minutes of this game. Plain and simple. The pass rush swarmed Kaep, sacking him and forcing bad throws. Ego, Sutton, Ratliff, etc… actually got a push up the middle on run plays, allowing the LB's to fill their gaps properly. And Fuller, made Kaep pay with those throws.

A strange… strange game. But a great win. Jeez… feels damned good. Honestly, I was looking at this schedule and going; "Jesus, when will we win a freaking game?"

+

i`m guessing they didn`t see the 3 picks from CK?
He handed us great field position on atleast two of them.
And if i remember right,one was inside their 20?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the one turn on Bennet, the ball he caught out of bounds was clearly a catch. They were able to see the laces on the football, how could they have said it spun when he hit out of bounds. Collinsworth said it best, now they are going past what this rule was put in place to enforce.

It was a terribly officiated game on both sides.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was hard to fucking watch with all those flags...felt like the preseason all over again.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with 49'r fans, you know it takes 2 to pass interfere, after all.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1

I was really impressed with the composure of this team, especially with the injuries. Time to eat some crow.

Rich, you, Noon, and Joey were right.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Some other bear buddies are less impressed, but glad they pulled out the win. Most folks I am hearing from are saying we got a free gift rather than true grit, but whatever, a win is a win.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it was a gift (which is, JMSO, debatable), I know we've seen plenty of other teams — and not just Bears teams — fail to unwrap that gift when it's been given. Kudos to this team for not doing that.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey great game was fun to watch and was actually hoping the Bears would pull it out as I do enjoy a 49er loss as it seems the Packers just cant get it done against them. Is nice to see a loss for any team in the NFCW.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other bear buddies are less impressed, but glad they pulled out the win. Most folks I am hearing from are saying we got a free gift rather than true grit, but whatever, a win is a win.

I completely disagree with that game being a gift or any comparison to the Arizona game when Denny Green exclaimed, "they are who we thought they were...." THAT GAME was a gift. It was as if the hand of god reached down and gave the game to the Bears. That was not the case last night.

Last night's game was legit. We were down, but came back with a game plan on both sides of the ball, worked the game plan and legitimately beat the Niners by not only playing mistake free ball (for the most part), but our defense forced them in to making mistakes impactful to the result of the game.

The thing about last night was that the contributions came from so many. Jay had four TD's and more importantly no INT's. B. Marsh made some impossible catches to help his buddy out. Alshon, as pathetic as he looked, drew some major P.I. calls. Our backup Center and OG looked decent. Defensively, Willie Young looked great and made a couple of key sacks. Kyle Fuller's two INT's resulted in 14 points thanks to Jay and crew. Shea Mac decided to cover the running back out of the back field last night. Ratliff looked great and Sutton and Ferguson looked great in his absence. Lance Briggs showed up. And Chris Conte....even the much maligned Chris Conte showed up. I saw that McCray and Vereen looked good in his absence. You got to give credit to Mel Tucker as well (not so much to DeCamillas).

I don't want to overreact (I think it's too late), but if we get any kind of consistency from last night's performance, we could have a special team here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong, Cubs. We caught some breaks, but regardless. Ask your buddies how tough the team looked, and how much fire they played with. There was CLEAR fire on the sidelines. I've never seen such emotion from a Bears team. Kyle Long was screaming in the face of the defense, firing them up and looked like he was about to blow gasket, prior to the final stop. Marshall and Jeffery were limping so badly and obviously. They looked awful at some points. But they hung in their together. Defensive players dropped like flies, and the next guy up filled in.

I don't get where pressuring a QB and forcing bad throws, and jumping routes is bad luck. Nor, do I understand where beating a team 28-3 the final 32 minutes of the game is purely "bad luck". Forcing turnovers, and then scoring six on the following two drives is luck? Hmm… Strange. Sounds more like opportunistic football.

Sounds like typical Bears fan bull shit to me. Always doom and gloom. Sure, we caught breaks… but we also gave our share in the first half.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree with that game being a gift or any comparison to the Arizona game when Denny Green exclaimed, "they are who we thought they were...." THAT GAME was a gift. It was as if the hand of god reached down and gave the game to the Bears. That was not the case last night.

Last night's game was legit. We were down, but came back with a game plan on both sides of the ball, worked the game plan and legitimately beat the Niners by not only playing mistake free ball (for the most part), but our defense forced them in to making mistakes impactful to the result of the game.

The thing about last night was that the contributions came from so many. Jay had four TD's and more importantly no INT's. B. Marsh made some impossible catches to help his buddy out. Alshon, as pathetic as he looked, drew some major P.I. calls. Our backup Center and OG looked decent. Defensively, Willie Young looked great and made a couple of key sacks. Kyle Fuller's two INT's resulted in 14 points thanks to Jay and crew. Shea Mac decided to cover the running back out of the back field last night. Ratliff looked great and Sutton and Ferguson looked great in his absence. Lance Briggs showed up. And Chris Conte....even the much maligned Chris Conte showed up. I saw that McCray and Vereen looked good in his absence. You got to give credit to Mel Tucker as well (not so much to DeCamillas).

I don't want to overreact (I think it's too late), but if we get any kind of consistency from last night's performance, we could have a special team here.

Jon Bostic too, I noticed shedding some blocks and playing downhill on run plays. Despite looking a little lost in coverage on two specific plays I remember. But a step in the right direction. Briggs and Allen showing up was definitely great to see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey great game was fun to watch and was actually hoping the Bears would pull it out as I do enjoy a 49er loss as it seems the Packers just cant get it done against them. Is nice to see a loss for any team in the NFCW.
Your a class act. And I get what you mean. I wanted GB to beat SEA. Then lose every game after that. lol