• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trey Hopkins tears ACL

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty important news. Tearing an ACL in January likely means he will miss time at the beginning of next season (yes I remember Carson). Hopkins has his critics, but is generally accepted to be one of our only lineman that plays above average enough to be considered a solid NFL starter at his position. Free agency is going to be incredibly important.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty important news. Tearing an ACL in January likely means he will miss time at the beginning of next season (yes I remember Carson). Hopkins has his critics, but is generally accepted to be one of our only lineman that plays above average enough to be considered a solid NFL starter at his position. Free agency is going to be incredibly important.
Especially for a guy over 300 pounds and uses his legs as leverage against other dudes 300+ pounds pushing and rushing, plus mobility for run blocking. He will miss first half of season if not all of it I bet.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Hobspin article now....The Price is right....for Billy

Price returns to C in hopes of fulfilling his dreams and prove everyone wrong....

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zac Taylor came out swinging today. Said any and all coaching changes would be his decision. Which in Bengalland means there won’t be any changes.

Might as well expect the same shtick with the OL....Who has a better story? Billy Price’s redemption tour. Or “the Last Dance” of Michael Jordan.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zac Taylor came out swinging today. Said any and all coaching changes would be his decision. Which in Bengalland means there won’t be any changes.

Might as well expect the same shtick with the OL....Who has a better story? Billy Price’s redemption tour. Or “the Last Dance” of Michael Jordan.

Or management has already told him which guys will not be having their contract renewed and Zac can either live with it or find employment elsewhere.... His decision.

I mean, I think Marvin explained this stuff pretty well in a recent article I read. He was given a lot of different freedoms. When it came down to disagreements with him and Mike Brown, Mike would call it a deomcracy but that he (Mike) had two votes.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many of our OL should actually be starting lineman in the NFL?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many of our OL should actually be starting lineman in the NFL?
Jonah Williams probably.... Maybe not as a LT.... And maybe this selection has more to do with potential.
Hopkins - I can believe he's somewhere around average as a center. We've had some pretty crappy centers here, so maybe I'm biased.
Spain - Maybe. He was a good starter in Buffalo until he wasn't. But I wouldn't feel bad about having him as a guard on an otherwise good line.

That might be it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, it seems like we're definitely below average. we could nearly use half our draft picks on the OL (3 or 4, and then find a college FA or 2)