• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trey Flowers to the Lions

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought on this.

This is the 2nd Ex Patriot that Patricia has signed today

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if the Pats will consider bring Manicure Man back since he got cut by Cleveland.

And will the Pats get a comp pick for this deal next year? If so that will give them two likely 3rd round picks as Brown is headed to Oakland.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the idea of going to the Belicheck garage sale. You never see anyone walkout with a bargain.

Now I would shop at the Giants garage sale all day long. The Lions have done well with Kennard, Okrawi and Snacks.

I think Barr and a few other LBs would have been better use of money.

With that being said Detroit has money and at least they have gotten players to take their cash. They desperately needed to make impact moves as the fans would not tolerate another 6-10 season.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the idea of going to the Belicheck garage sale. You never see anyone walkout with a bargain.

Now I would shop at the Giants garage sale all day long. The Lions have done well with Kennard, Okrawi and Snacks.

I think Barr and a few other LBs would have been better use of money.

With that being said Detroit has money and at least they have gotten players to take their cash. They desperately needed to make impact moves as the fans would not tolerate another 6-10 season.

What about 3-13 ;)

Kidding.

I was saying in the Fa thread that this is the era of Extra positions.

Teams are looking for NCB , off topic but I love the Coleman signing for you guys. Great NCB, / EDGE rusher/ 2nd rb/ 3rd down RB/ 3rd Wr etc...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder if the Pats will consider bring Manicure Man back since he got cut by Cleveland.

And will the Pats get a comp pick for this deal next year? If so that will give them two likely 3rd round picks as Brown is headed to Oakland.

I'd like to see them try Collins. But Houston is out there too. He might be more useful with no Flowers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought on this.

This is the 2nd Ex Patriot that Patricia has signed today

Detroit is where the Patriots staff and players go once their time is done.

Our GM is from NE. Our HC is from NE. Amendola...NE. Flowers...NE.

When we want to trade players or picks.........we contact NE.

Normally being associated with NE is a good thing, but the only team who wins when you deal with the Pats.......is the Pats.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions agreed to terms with DE Trey Flowers, formerly of the Patriots, on a five-year contract.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal will be worth $16-$17 million per season. That is exactly what Flowers' value was pegged at before free agency. The best defensive end available after the top of the class was taken off the board via a wave of franchise tags, Flowers will be reuniting with ex-Patriots DC Matt Patricia. Flowers had what was then the best season of his career under Patricia in 2017 before arguably topping it in 2018. The Lions, who are letting Ezekiel Ansah walk, had an anemic pass rush last year, so Flowers fills a huge need.

RELATED:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about 3-13 ;)

Kidding.

I was saying in the Fa thread that this is the era of Extra positions.

Teams are looking for NCB , off topic but I love the Coleman signing for you guys. Great NCB, / EDGE rusher/ 2nd rb/ 3rd down RB/ 3rd Wr etc...

I like Coleman as slot receivers killed us last season. I do like Flowers is 25 years old and not past his prime. The bigger thing for Patricia is getting a guy that buys into his system.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions agreed to terms with DE Trey Flowers, formerly of the Patriots, on a five-year contract.
Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal will be worth $16-$17 million per season. That is exactly what Flowers' value was pegged at before free agency. The best defensive end available after the top of the class was taken off the board via a wave of franchise tags, Flowers will be reuniting with ex-Patriots DC Matt Patricia. Flowers had what was then the best season of his career under Patricia in 2017 before arguably topping it in 2018. The Lions, who are letting Ezekiel Ansah walk, had an anemic pass rush last year, so Flowers fills a huge need.

RELATED:

Sounds like a fairly normal contract. I wish the Patriots could have kept him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well — the Lions quickly spent 30.5 million on 3 former Patriots.

Justin Coleman was traded for a 7th round pick by the Pats to Seattle in 2017. 9 million a year for a NCB is obnoxious.

Trey Flowers was signed for what was expected. 17 million a year.

Amendola signed for 4.5 million.

If you want to win a SB — DRAFT TALENTED PLAYERS LIKE THIS. Don’t pay/overpay market value in FA. There is a reason NE is the best run franchise in the NFL.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I posted on the Oakland board.

Well shit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well — the Lions quickly spent 30.5 million on 3 former Patriots.

Justin Coleman was traded for a 7th round pick by the Pats to Seattle in 2017. 9 million a year for a NCB is obnoxious.

Trey Flowers was signed for what was expected. 17 million a year.

Amendola signed for 4.5 million.

If you want to win a SB — DRAFT TALENTED PLAYERS LIKE THIS. Don’t pay/overpay market value in FA. There is a reason NE is the best run franchise in the NFL.

and Coleman got a 4 yrars $36/million contract which is a joke! Flowers contract was a good one as I guess is Amendola's... BB had better not trade away his first rounds picks after these moves

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another signing for the Lions.

Ex-Steeler - TE Jesse James