• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Williams is on the market

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also wants a big ass contract and hasn’t been healthy for 16 games in a while. Hopefully someone gives a 1-2 for him, but it’s doubtful
you didnt get a one last year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may end up somebody gets him cheap.

This is Washington we're talking about.

But he would certainly have to go to somebody who could afford him. Which crosses off a lot of teams.

So he will likely end up on a team much like Cleveland. But they shouldn't jump at anything.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Browns go after Peters or other FA's rather than trade a high pick and pay Trent a ton of money tbh...I'm sure their asking price is a lot

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Browns go after Peters or other FA's rather than trade a high pick and pay Trent a ton of money tbh...I'm sure their asking price is a lot
They were apparently offered a first by your team last year so odds are it will be lower now. I'd go late second if not see you later...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to be the highest paid tackle? Good luck with that. If he really wants out of Washington, best start being realistic about his value.

I would not be surprised if someone makes him the highest paid... He was very solid in 2018 and his injury in 2019 was cancer related, so if he's cleared to play it's not the same as an ACL, knee issue, etc. I could see a team loaded with cap room (NYJ, Miami, Cincy) with new QBs and incompetent FOs throwing him that money.

Quality tackles are in insane demand right now. If Seattle didn't need to re-sign Clowney I wouldn't be surprised if they made a push.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have a good LT already. Now a good RT like Jake Conklin I could get on board with.

Brown is also about to be 35 and despite playing in the playoffs was banged up towards the end of the season. Williams is a few years younger and in 2019 he did not take any playtime.

Not disagreeing with you and I would not like to give up the draft capital and cap to acquire Williams (since I think teams with far more cap room/young-rookie QBs are going to), but I'd still argue Seattle will consider it an option.

If we can get a couple more years out of Brown and pickup Conklin that'd be a dream come true, but I think Conklin will demand a MASSIVE salary, and there's zero reason Tenn can't keep him.

End of day Seattle needs to start hitting on some of the offensive line drafts... Outside of Okung (who was a top 10 pick) they've drafted O-Lineman HORRIBLY in the Carroll regime.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there's zero reason Tenn can't keep him.
IDK about that, they passed on picking up his 5th year option, which to me means he's playing else where next year. I'd be stoked if it was the Seahawks who signed him. Personally rather they sign him then Clowney.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that, they passed on picking up his 5th year option, which to me means he's playing else where next year. I'd be stoked if it was the Seahawks who signed him. Personally rather they sign him then Clowney.

Well he was a pretty big injury liability at the time. They may resign him now though.

I have zero clue how the Seahawks are going to pass rush anyone without Clowney, but I agree it'd be nice to see a good right tackle protecting Wilson. Maybe Collier/Green will figure it out this year...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was a pretty big injury liability at the time. They may resign him now though.

I have zero clue how the Seahawks are going to pass rush anyone without Clowney, but I agree it'd be nice to see a good right tackle protecting Wilson. Maybe Collier/Green will figure it out this year...
I figure Conklin cost would be considerable less then Clowney. That would leave the pass rushers behind Clowney to sign. Feel they can sign Conklin and a pass rusher like say Yannick Ngakoue for not a whole lot more then it would cost to sign Clowney. IDK maybe that's a ideal daydream, but that's my line of thinking.