• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tramon Williams says there are similarities between Carr and Rodgers

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Exciting to hear that I suppose but seems way too soon. Carr has looked very good so far this year now that he has some credible threats around him. He doesn't need to be Aaron Rodgers.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed Carr last year. This year I've been impressed to see him progressing. It's been a long time since we have seen a QB in silver and black with this much potential. I don't generally say this but I think we finally have a franchise QB. I could see the comparison and look forward to seeing him work with additional weapons. Amari has been a beast tho

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Jones called him baby A Rod.. But I just want him to keep playing like he has been.. Be DC4 and not somebody else..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reading the article I think the player is right that Carr does have some similarities. He is nowhere near to being at the skill set of Rodgers but then again he is a 2nd year player so still plenty of time to grow. Now to me Carr is really being helped in his 2nd year by the players around him. I think we are seeing a bit of what happens when you have quality players for him to throw to. A great example is I think Amari Cooper in what they call air yards per reception is something like 88th in the league. Meaning where he catches the football on a per catch basis is a lot of the short quick passes. Cooper though is 1st or 2nd in yards after the catch this season as a receiver. So those 5 yard passes last year that Carr did quite often are now no longer just being 5 yard passes but are being turned into those 15+ yards type plays.

There is a lot of season left to go and so far I wouldn't say the Raiders have played the who's who of defenses other than the Bengals and well the Bengals shut down the Raiders in that 1st game. We will know a lot more 2 Sundays from now if that 1st week was a fluke or if this Raider team will struggle when faced with a strong defense to go against.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reading the article I think the player is right that Carr does have some similarities. He is nowhere near to being at the skill set of Rodgers but then again he is a 2nd year player so still plenty of time to grow. Now to me Carr is really being helped in his 2nd year by the players around him. I think we are seeing a bit of what happens when you have quality players for him to throw to. A great example is I think Amari Cooper in what they call air yards per reception is something like 88th in the league. Meaning where he catches the football on a per catch basis is a lot of the short quick passes. Cooper though is 1st or 2nd in yards after the catch this season as a receiver. So those 5 yard passes last year that Carr did quite often are now no longer just being 5 yard passes but are being turned into those 15+ yards type plays.

There is a lot of season left to go and so far I wouldn't say the Raiders have played the who's who of defenses other than the Bengals and well the Bengals shut down the Raiders in that 1st game. We will know a lot more 2 Sundays from now if that 1st week was a fluke or if this Raider team will struggle when faced with a strong defense to go against.
It's crazy what weapons do for a young QB like Carr with his skill set.. They are a little similar, only in the fact that Carr has no fear, and the ball explodes off his hands with no effort just like AR.. But that's where it ends!! AR is a 10 Year Vet, that's been in the same system most of his career, with a vet team around him, and top notch coaching..
Carr is entering his 2nd year, learning a new system, with a bunch of puppies around him..
See Amari on NFLN?? Have you ever seen such a humble guy as him?? It' so refreshing.. And his skill?? Wow!!
He's not making the NOW overrated one hand catch, he taking DBs to school!! Oh, he will have his bad rookie games, but we all know what he can do..

CD, let's HOPE we beat the Bears, so the SHINE will be HUGE when we play you guys!! The 1st of 2 ShowDowns!! Carr will test you guys, he fears nothing..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy what weapons do for a young QB like Carr with his skill set.. They are a little similar, only in the fact that Carr has no fear, and the ball explodes off his hands with no effort just like AR.. But that's where it ends!! AR is a 10 Year Vet, that's been in the same system most of his career, with a vet team around him, and top notch coaching..
Carr is entering his 2nd year, learning a new system, with a bunch of puppies around him..
See Amari on NFLN?? Have you ever seen such a humble guy as him?? It' so refreshing.. And his skill?? Wow!!
He's not making the NOW overrated one hand catch, he taking DBs to school!! Oh, he will have his bad rookie games, but we all know what he can do..

CD, let's HOPE we beat the Bears, so the SHINE will be HUGE when we play you guys!! The 1st of 2 ShowDowns!! Carr will test you guys, he fears nothing..

I really really hope that Carr has the same attitude as you Idaho. That honestly is the opposite of what Brady, Manning, and Rodgers do to make themselves so great. Just look at Rodgers the last 3 games they have played against Seattle. The only time that Rodgers would even think about challenging Sherman was when he got an offsides call. He realized his best chance at success was not throwing at one of the best Corners in the game. That isn't fear that is just being smart. So I hope that Carr wants to throw in the direction of Talib or Harris when we match up as the two of them have 3 interceptions in 3 games and dropped about 4 others in the last game. Throw in they are allowing a QB Rating between the two of them that is in the 50's.

Anyway no I don't hope you guys win. I don't cheer for my divisional rivals to win. If you guys do then that's fine but no I don't hope for you to win. The Broncos have plenty of other games that will give them shine on the season with match ups still against the Packers, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, and Bengals. Getting what would be a 2-3 game lead in the division this early in the year though sounds pretty darn good to me. Gives us a little more room to test out our offense without worrying about giving away the division.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really hope that Carr has the same attitude as you Idaho. That honestly is the opposite of what Brady, Manning, and Rodgers do to make themselves so great. Just look at Rodgers the last 3 games they have played against Seattle. The only time that Rodgers would even think about challenging Sherman was when he got an offsides call. He realized his best chance at success was not throwing at one of the best Corners in the game. That isn't fear that is just being smart. So I hope that Carr wants to throw in the direction of Talib or Harris when we match up as the two of them have 3 interceptions in 3 games and dropped about 4 others in the last game. Throw in they are allowing a QB Rating between the two of them that is in the 50's.

Anyway no I don't hope you guys win. I don't cheer for my divisional rivals to win. If you guys do then that's fine but no I don't hope for you to win. The Broncos have plenty of other games that will give them shine on the season with match ups still against the Packers, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, and Bengals. Getting what would be a 2-3 game lead in the division this early in the year though sounds pretty darn good to me. Gives us a little more room to test out our offense without worrying about giving away the division.
I hope Carr is like me as well, cuz i have balls and fear nothing.. J\K.. Brady fears nothing, and will attack whatever you have.. That's what i want in my young QB.. So by your logic we should of stayed away from Haden.. And yet he GOT SMOKED!! Oh but he's not good though right??
Soo, if we should stay away from both Talib and Harris?? Who the heck do we throw to then?? Nah cd, Carr is going to test both of them, with Coop and Crabs.. If it gets picked it gets picked!! That happens in football..

Oh?? And there would be no bigger SHINE than facing a 3-1 RAIDER team with the lead on the line.. NONE!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Carr is like me as well, cuz i have balls and fear nothing.. J\K.. Brady fears nothing, and will attack whatever you have.. That's what i want in my young QB.. So by your logic we should of stayed away from Haden.. And yet he GOT SMOKED!! Oh but he's not good though right??
Soo, if we should stay away from both Talib and Harris?? Who the heck do we throw to then?? Nah cd, Carr is going to test both of them, with Coop and Crabs.. If it gets picked it gets picked!! That happens in football..

Oh?? And there would be no bigger SHINE than facing a 3-1 RAIDER team with the lead on the line.. NONE!!

I would much rather beat the Patriots than the Raiders right now. That would be the better shine in my opinion. Raiders haven't done anything in years so it is expected that we win that game. Patriots though have been a problem and thankfully this year are coming to Denver for once.

As for who you throw to well I would be throwing to the RB's and TE's as that is where teams have found a little success against our defense. So far this year the Broncos have only given up 1 touchdown through the air and that was a pass to the RB. Receivers just haven't even gotten close with our coverage so far this year. If he wants to test them out then by all means go ahead. I'm just not seeing that go all that well. Throw in Harris and Talib are both excellent tacklers. So far Carr has been fortunate to get a ton of YAC. That is one thing the Broncos do not give up.

Anyway it will be fun though to maybe have a game that actually matters between the two teams. Believe me I am more excited and nervous for that game than I have been in years. I just don't think the Raiders though are ready for a defense like the Broncos. The Bengals are very similar in having a very deep and strong defense and well we all know how that ended for you guys.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather beat the Patriots than the Raiders right now. That would be the better shine in my opinion. Raiders haven't done anything in years so it is expected that we win that game. Patriots though have been a problem and thankfully this year are coming to Denver for once.

As for who you throw to well I would be throwing to the RB's and TE's as that is where teams have found a little success against our defense. So far this year the Broncos have only given up 1 touchdown through the air and that was a pass to the RB. Receivers just haven't even gotten close with our coverage so far this year. If he wants to test them out then by all means go ahead. I'm just not seeing that go all that well. Throw in Harris and Talib are both excellent tacklers. So far Carr has been fortunate to get a ton of YAC. That is one thing the Broncos do not give up.

Anyway it will be fun though to maybe have a game that actually matters between the two teams. Believe me I am more excited and nervous for that game than I have been in years. I just don't think the Raiders though are ready for a defense like the Broncos. The Bengals are very similar in having a very deep and strong defense and well we all know how that ended for you guys.
I too would rather beat the Pats than you guys as well, heck ask 31 teams out there who they would rather beat.. But its not about them, it's about us, and that's ALL that matters.. Oh and im sure they will use Murray and the TEs a whole lot when we play you guys, but CARR is putting that ball in the air as well..
Shoot bro, our OL has only given up 1 sack so far this year, don't over look our OL dude.. If they hold?? Your D is in for a LONG game!! Again cd, Ya just never know what's going to happen.. You guys can smoke us, or we smoke you.. But none of this MATTERS if we don't beat the BEARS!! That's the only focus i have right now..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh just to put this out there. Aqib Talib has allowed the 2nd lowest QB Rating in the NFL on balls thrown his way with a ridiculous 32.4 QB Rating. The player who is beating him is also on the Broncos in Bradley Roby at 16.7 right now. When you factor in neither of those guys are even our best Corner who is still recovering some from a groin injury earlier this year but is getting better each week that is a pretty sick 3 Corner combo in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh just to put this out there. Aqib Talib has allowed the 2nd lowest QB Rating in the NFL on balls thrown his way with a ridiculous 32.4 QB Rating. The player who is beating him is also on the Broncos in Bradley Roby at 16.7 right now. When you factor in neither of those guys are even our best Corner who is still recovering some from a groin injury earlier this year but is getting better each week that is a pretty sick 3 Corner combo in the NFL.
And we counter with Carr, Amari Cooper, Crabtree, Seth Roberts, Holmes, and Murray!! That's pretty sick as well..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we counter with Carr, Amari Cooper, Crabtree, Seth Roberts, Holmes, and Murray!! That's pretty sick as well..
Again cd, im not taking anything away from your D dude.. It looks mean and nasty!! Thing is?? The young RAIDERS don't fear and will play you guys WIN OR LOSE..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they just got done going against Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate (both finished with over a thousand yards and Golden Tate was top-7 in the league), Stafford, Ameer Abdullah, and Eric Ebron. Before that we played Charles, Maclin, Kecle, Thomas, Smith. Before that we played Flacco, Forsett, Steve Smith.

Not like the Broncos haven't played anybody. They played teams all that were ranked quite a bit higher than the Raiders last year in points per game and offensive output. Throw in the Chiefs so far have a greater offense than that of the Raiders and we held them to 17 points with most of that coming because of offensive mistakes such as turnovers.

Anyway we both have a game before then so maybe we should wait to have this conversation next week. Either way it should be a fun game and always fun when it is a game that actually matters unlike the last about 10 years against the Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they just got done going against Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate (both finished with over a thousand yards and Golden Tate was top-7 in the league), Stafford, Ameer Abdullah, and Eric Ebron. Before that we played Charles, Maclin, Kecle, Thomas, Smith. Before that we played Flacco, Forsett, Steve Smith.

Not like the Broncos haven't played anybody. They played teams all that were ranked quite a bit higher than the Raiders last year in points per game and offensive output. Throw in the Chiefs so far have a greater offense than that of the Raiders and we held them to 17 points with most of that coming because of offensive mistakes such as turnovers.

Anyway we both have a game before then so maybe we should wait to have this conversation next week. Either way it should be a fun game and always fun when it is a game that actually matters unlike the last about 10 years against the Raiders.
I would take our guys over those guys all day.. Sorry to break that to Ya.. Our skill players are different then those.. And Ya let's focus on our upcoming games first.. But is sure is fun to talk though.. It's all in fun..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take our guys over those guys all day.. Sorry to break that to Ya.. Our skill players are different then those.. And Ya let's focus on our upcoming games first.. But is sure is fun to talk though.. It's all in fun..

I would take Cavlin Johnson and Golden Tate over pretty much any WR combo in the league right now. Those are two guys that are #1 WR's on pretty much every team in the league. QB wise I would take Flacco over any of the guys listed and Carr. He has proven to be a little more clutch. RB wise nobody even comes close to Charles.

Anyway we shall see soon enough. Like I said Cincinnati is the only team you guys have played that looks to be a decent to good team. Baltimore lost Suggs when playing us and that defense has fallen apart ever since. Cleveland has probably been the one franchise worse than you guys over the last 10 years and players just can't wait to get out of their right now. Again we shall see with you guys as I do think the Raiders are on their way up but I just don't see them competing with the big dogs yet and right now the Broncos are still one of those type of teams.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still big on Carr and having Cooper and Crabtree will certainly help his QBR.