• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread 2022

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Preseason starts on the 13th. Just putting this here if anyone sees anything cool or if anything happens.

7th round RB Pacheco out of Rutgers is getting some buzz outside of the KC media eco-system.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rub on Pacheco coming out was that his highlights were 1st round but his play-to-play stuff was UDFA. My first thought is special teams. That said, as a rotation back I wouldn't be stunned if Pacheco found a spot. Chiefs RB spot seems pretty fluid right now.

Andy Reid mentioned Skyy Moore has running back legs. I guess he is probably backing up Juju in whatever that role is. The Sammy Watkins 'helping other guys get open but occasionally the main option if teams key in on Kelce too much'.

The reality is slowly sinking in that MVS might be the guy making or breaking the WR corp this year and thats honestly not a spot the Chiefs should want to be in but if there is a team to make a star out of MVS its the Chiefs. Maybe if MVS breaks out then it opens up things for Mecole Hardman.

Carlos Dunlap signing is pretty big. Another starter-level player for the dline and I think he has a different skill set than the other guys. He is known for being tall and tipping passes. Not super explosive but enough technique to get the job done.

Best I can tell on the S spot is that Thornhill is the leader but still doing the same stuff as before. Justin Reid is coming in to replace Sorensen. Possibly the biggest upgrade on the team. Trent McDuffie, by the draft analysis Ive seen, should be plugging into Honey Badger's spot but probably wont have the responsibility.

Willie Gay seems like he is big for the defense. Nick Bolton is pretty great at attacking so it would be better if Gay was in coverage most of the time.

The CB spot is probably the biggest question mark on the team for me. Joshua Williams seems to have impressed a little bit in camp. Chiefs are down 3 CBs from last year. Ward (who was good), Hughes (who was bad), and Baker (who was ugly). I dont think Lonnie Johnson is a starter in this league so I dont think much of that pickup. Jaylen Watson and Joshua Williams might be seeing some play time at some point especially if someone gets hurt.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to be a theme with Pacheco. These aren't Chiefs reporters... hope this isn't a Darwin Thompson echo chamber thing again, but it's worth noting this time of year: (only tape in real games can tell the truth)

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to be a theme with Pacheco. These aren't Chiefs reporters... hope this isn't a Darwin Thompson echo chamber thing again, but it's worth noting this time of year: (only tape in real games can tell the truth)

Worth noting that Kollman had CEH as his RB1 over Jonathan Taylor. Not sure Im getting too excited with that tweet. I do think there is some logic to whoever is the best player at outside zone runs should end up getting lots of snaps on the Chiefs. Pacheco being as fast as he is should in theory be that guy but lately the NFL draft hasnt actually produced a lot of late round RB studs. It seems like the studs usually get drafted pick 20-60.