• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2022

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festivities start today.... hoping Lance's arm doesn't fall off from fatigue and that all of the vets don't walk off the field without Jimmy G there :-)

But seriously - hope to hear good things on Banks and Moore and the center/right side of the line in general. Hope to hear good things on the cadre of running backs too. Hope Aiyuk is a beast from the get-go (feeling like this will be a break out year for him).

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side:
The D line looks deep.
We're better at CB than we've been in years.
Our RBs are all healthy for a change
Very excited to see a defense with both Greenlaw and AlShazir on the field at the same time

On the minus side:
Safety looks VERY thin
LG, C, RG are all up in the air, open competitions among Brunskill, Brendel and a bunch of unknowns

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance has been up and down. It’s to be expected, particularly with the OL not set yet.

Looks like the FO is giving Sermon every chance to be the #2 RB behind Mitchell, b/c he’s getting a lot of time. Although TDP has looked like he’s got the one-cut and accelerate style that Sermon lacks. I think we’ll see TDP in the #2 RB spot sooner than later when the season gets here. Undrafted rookie RB, Jordan Mason has gotten some run with Jeff Wilson out with another injury and there is some talk that he could end up making the team as the 4th RB.

Aiyuk has been the best WR on the field since Deebo has been out. He and Lance have a groove together. Can’t wait to see how Deebo fits in with Trey. The rookie Gray just hasn’t shown much yet. Ray Ray McCloud and Jennings are getting the most run outside of Aiyuk.

TE. Aside from Kittle, the next best TE has been former WR Jordan Matthews. The guy shows up with a catch or 2 in just about every practice. IF he’s gonna make the team, this is the year b/c Dwelley and Woerner just can’t get a grip on the spot.

The OL….Burford is being handed the RG spot and he’s been average so far, which for a rookie isn't necessarily a bad sign. The best news imo is that Banks hasn’t looked awful at LG (shocking) b/c we need Banks to play well. Center, OTOH, hasn’t gone all that well. Neither Brendel nor Brunskill have looked all that good. Is it time to give the rookie, D.West a try? The undrafted FA OL we picked up, Poe, has struggled despite being on the 3rd team Oline. The 3rd string OT, UDFA S. Schleuter has actually done ok with the 3rd team and even did ok when pressed into the 2nd team Oline. Could be a project for the PS and the future.

The top CBs are looking good. CB C.Ward looks like he’s been worth every dime we paid for him. Moseley had responded well. A.Thomas has struggled much of the time (bad sign). NCB is still a moving target with Dennard getting most of the time there, but others have as well. So far, it looks like it’s Dennard’s job to lose.

Looks like Hufanga has done ok to good at SS. That’s good to hear considering he had limited speed. He certainly isn’t lacking in work ethic. J.Ward had done really too. Nice to see them both healthy. We need Moore to remain healthy to provide some depth at safety. The UDFA O’Neal has showcased exactly why he was undrafted—a shocking lack of speed, so far he looks like a camp body.

The deep DL is already getting tested. With Armstead being out a couple weeks and Hurst being gone for the year, we’re already pressing Givens into a lot more action. We can’t take another injury at DT, so we might need to wrap Kinlaw in bubble wrap. Even D.Jackson and Hyder are getting some time pass rushing from inside (ala Key).

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance has been up and down. It’s to be expected, particularly with the OL not set yet.

Looks like the FO is giving Sermon every chance to be the #2 RB behind Mitchell, b/c he’s getting a lot of time. Although TDP has looked like he’s got the one-cut and accelerate style that Sermon lacks. I think we’ll see TDP in the #2 RB spot sooner than later when the season gets here. Undrafted rookie RB, Jordan Mason has gotten some run with Jeff Wilson out with another injury and there is some talk that he could end up making the team as the 4th RB.

Aiyuk has been the best WR on the field since Deebo has been out. He and Lance have a groove together. Can’t wait to see how Deebo fits in with Trey. The rookie Gray just hasn’t shown much yet. Ray Ray McCloud and Jennings are getting the most run outside of Aiyuk.

TE. Aside from Kittle, the next best TE has been former WR Jordan Matthews. The guy shows up with a catch or 2 in just about every practice. IF he’s gonna make the team, this is the year b/c Dwelley and Woerner just can’t get a grip on the spot.

The OL….Burford is being handed the RG spot and he’s been average so far, which for a rookie isn't necessarily a bad sign. The best news imo is that Banks hasn’t looked awful at LG (shocking) b/c we need Banks to play well. Center, OTOH, hasn’t gone all that well. Neither Brendel nor Brunskill have looked all that good. Is it time to give the rookie, D.West a try? The undrafted FA OL we picked up, Poe, has struggled despite being on the 3rd team Oline. The 3rd string OT, UDFA S. Schleuter has actually done ok with the 3rd team and even did ok when pressed into the 2nd team Oline. Could be a project for the PS and the future.

The top CBs are looking good. CB C.Ward looks like he’s been worth every dime we paid for him. Moseley had responded well. A.Thomas has struggled much of the time (bad sign). NCB is still a moving target with Dennard getting most of the time there, but others have as well. So far, it looks like it’s Dennard’s job to lose.

Looks like Hufanga has done ok to good at SS. That’s good to hear considering he had limited speed. He certainly isn’t lacking in work ethic. J.Ward had done really too. Nice to see them both healthy. We need Moore to remain healthy to provide some depth at safety. The UDFA O’Neal has showcased exactly why he was undrafted—a shocking lack of speed, so far he looks like a camp body.

The deep DL is already getting tested. With Armstead being out a couple weeks and Hurst being gone for the year, we’re already pressing Givens into a lot more action. We can’t take another injury at DT, so we might need to wrap Kinlaw in bubble wrap. Even D.Jackson and Hyder are getting some time pass rushing from inside (ala Key).
Are you going to the practices and seeing this in person, or is there a video feed your following? If the later - which one? You've got a lot more detail compared to the normal stuff I follow on twitter!

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to the practices and seeing this in person, or is there a video feed your following? If the later - which one? You've got a lot more detail compared to the normal stuff I follow on twitter!
I live in Texas. I wish i could watch this stuff live.

I'm cobbling this stuff together from various twitter, reports, and beat writers.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good:
DL K.Turay looking like he could make the team. He was a 2nd rd pick by the colts in 2018.
DLine continues to look good despite being down a few players.
B.Aiyuk continues to be the best skill position player on the field.
Sermon has shown significant improvement over last year and has mostly been the #2 RB in camp

Some bad:
Center is still unsettled. The team keeps switching between Brendel and Brunskill.
Ambry Thomas was moved to the 3rd teamers at today's practice. Temporary or is this a sophomore slump?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Jordan Matthews, who was having a nice camp, tore his ACL. Out for the year. Looking like backup TE will be a wide open competition.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Jordan Matthews, who was having a nice camp, tore his ACL. Out for the year. Looking like backup TE will be a wide open competition

Thank You for the updates you provide. These last few years we have been the unlucky team that racks up injuries at a high rate UGH. Always felt sorry when it was other teams but in recent history we are the cursed. :(

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE cut WR Taysir Mack. We worked out vet WR Willie Snead.

OL J.Moore is out a couple of weeks with an injury.

WR M.Turner continues to play well in TC and since he can play ST, it's looking like he could squeak in as the last WR on the roster.

WR. M.Johnson in the concussion protocol.

WR B.Aiyuk continues his impressive camp on Friday with the pads back on. Beating 3 different corners in 1 on 1 drills.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the OL Coach wants Brendel to start at Center, but Brunskill is still splitting the first team reps with him. Brunskill's biggest issue is snapping the ball consistently.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from today's practice say it was Mitchell and TDP's best day so far. Both ran well with the starters.

Lance's best day of camp so far. He was hitting the intermediate throws well, but missed on his 2 deep throws. He stayed afterward to work more with Deebo (smart).

Both banks and burford played well today. Both have been pleasant surprises.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey continues to have an up and down camp.

Kinlaw looks like he is ready for a breakout season. Hell, I'd settle for a healthy season out of him, LOL.

T. Moore has been getting some first team reps lately at safety. This doesn't mean Hufanga is going to sit. There is talk that the Niner defense will use more 3-safety looks this season, so Ward (having a great camp), Hufanga, and Moore could all be on the field at the same time.

Some interesting roster questions are shaping up at RB after Mitchell, TDP, and Sermon. Sermon showed up in great shap and is definitely better than he was last year. However, TDP has looked good at RB too. So if we keep more RBs, Will it be Wilson or Mason? The PS might decide, though Mason could be ticketed for the PS.

Interesting roster call at WR too. The first 5 WRs are basically set--Deebo, Aiyuk, Ray Ray, Jennings, D.Gray--so the issue will be whether we carry 6 WRs. Aiyuk has been the best player on teh field. Deebo is getting back into the swing. Jennings has had a terrible camp, but will likely make the team as the "big" WR and Ray Ray has looked surprisingly good--I think the coaches have some creative things planned for him. If we do 6 WRs (unlikely imo), it opens the door for T.Martin and M.Turner. Imo, we could stick with only 5 WRs and put one of the others on the PS.

And a roster call at CB will have to be made. Ward and Moseley have looked great. We haven't seen Verrett at all yet, as he still works on a side field with trainers and sech--I hope they're just being careful with him. Then again, the word is that he might go on the PUP list to start the season (out the first 4 games). Still, behind Ward and Moseley would have been A.Thomas, but he has had a shaky camp and was recently demoted to 3rd team. On the other side of that coin is Castro-Fields, who has gotten time with the 2s. Don't get me wrong, I think Thomas makes the team, but just barely. With Verrett on the PUP, it would come down to Lenoire, Dennard, Womack and Castro-Fields for the last 2 or even 3 CB spots.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a bad practice the other day, Lance comes storming back for a very good day this practice. Finished the first session 5/7 with a 1TD pass and a TD run—had Aiyuk on a slant for 15, Wilson for 15, Aiyuk for 20 and 20 YAC, and Deebo on a 15yrd comeback. Then in “move the ball” session, he ran a 65yd TD off the read option, hit Samuel and Aiyuk on another couple of passes (nice to see that chemistry building). Didn’t throw a pick and converted several third downs. Probably his best practice of camp.

With Bosa getting more time off, Omenihu has put together a few nice practices at DE. We need more game production out of him and Ebukam.

Poe has had a couple of nice practices. I saw a tweet saying he’s making s strong push at a roster spot, but I have my doubts mostly b/c of our roster numbers. You have to pull for an effort-guy like him, but considering the OL and the roster…long shot.
---The likely starting 5: TW, Banks, Brunskill, Burford, McGlinchey.
---We usually only keep 8 or 9 OL. Considering the uncertainty at center, I think we’ll go with 9 this time around.
---So, they’re gonna have to pick 3 or 4 out of: Brendel, McKivitz, J.Moore, J.Mills, Poe, Zakelj, D.West, Sutherland, Gutierrez, and Schlueter.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a bad practice the other day, Lance comes storming back for a very good day this practice. Finished the first session 5/7 with a 1TD pass and a TD run—had Aiyuk on a slant for 15, Wilson for 15, Aiyuk for 20 and 20 YAC, and Deebo on a 15yrd comeback. Then in “move the ball” session, he ran a 65yd TD off the read option, hit Samuel and Aiyuk on another couple of passes (nice to see that chemistry building). Didn’t throw a pick and converted several third downs. Probably his best practice of camp.

With Bosa getting more time off, Omenihu has put together a few nice practices at DE. We need more game production out of him and Ebukam.

Poe has had a couple of nice practices. I saw a tweet saying he’s making s strong push at a roster spot, but I have my doubts mostly b/c of our roster numbers. You have to pull for an effort-guy like him, but considering the OL and the roster…long shot.
---The likely starting 5: TW, Banks, Brunskill, Burford, McGlinchey.
---We usually only keep 8 or 9 OL. Considering the uncertainty at center, I think we’ll go with 9 this time around.
---So, they’re gonna have to pick 3 or 4 out of: Brendel, McKivitz, J.Moore, J.Mills, Poe, Zakelj, D.West, Sutherland, Gutierrez, and Schlueter.
Your gathering of training camp reports is MOST Appreciated! :D:clap2::grouphug::bounce:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB E.Moseley has been out with a strained hammy. The team might just shut him down for the preseason to ensure he's fully healthy for the season opener. Hamstring strains can linger, so better to be careful.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like the Oline, Gonna be some interesting roster calls made on the DL.

4 starters are locked in. Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam. And 1 more is a lock with D.Jackson. That's 5 with the team keeping 8 or 9 Dlinemen.

Other guys having good camps on the DL that have good chances to make the roster:
A.Barrett
K.Turay
K.Hyder
K.Givens

The rest: K.Atkins, T.Laulile, R.Nkemdiche, H.Ridgeway, A.Spence, J.Willis,

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB C.Ward has a muslce strain that will keep him out for a couple of weeks. That means both he and Moseley will be out for 2 or 3 weeks. As long as they're healthy for the opener, and this gives us a chance to see more of Thomas, Lenoir, Castro-Fields, and Womack, etc.

Niners waive/injured undrafted rookie safety Leon O'neal.

Niners sign former Saints CB Ken Crawley.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like the Oline, Gonna be some interesting roster calls made on the DL.

4 starters are locked in. Bosa, Kinlaw, Armstead, Ebukam. And 1 more is a lock with D.Jackson. That's 5 with the team keeping 8 or 9 Dlinemen.

Other guys having good camps on the DL that have good chances to make the roster:
A.Barrett
K.Turay
K.Hyder
K.Givens

The rest: K.Atkins, T.Laulile, R.Nkemdiche, H.Ridgeway, A.Spence, J.Willis,
I completely forgot to include Omenihu, who is almost certain to make the team. We're actually going to cut a pretty decent player or 2 from this DLine. Crazy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I completely forgot to include Omenihu, who is almost certain to make the team. We're actually going to cut a pretty decent player or 2 from this DLine. Crazy.
It is crazy and unfortunate we can't keep everyone, but in the big picture like the philosophy.

Hurst is lost for the season so that's another reason to 'overbook'. You never know who's going down with injury.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far we're not getting a good feeling along the interior OL, no reports of either being 'solid'. There's still Pre-season to go, so maybe it shows up a little as a unit?