• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading JVR for L.Schenn would be a huge mistake!!

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like idea of trading JVR at all, but trading him for L.Schenn would be stupid. Schenn has little offensive upside, if JVR was to be traded it better be for a Dman that has offensive skills if Holmgren does it which I hope he doesn't.

If Holmgren would have traded Carter for Kaberle look at how stupid he would have looked.

Flyers just need to unlock JVR's potential which he has already showed as evident with his 7 goals in 11 playoff games last year, which he was flying and taking the dam puck to the net. He turns off and throws too many shit shots right at the crest of the goalie, if just takes it to the net he will be just fine. I'd like to see what JVR can do this playoffs to.

Replace Pronger in the offseason with Suter for free, the Flyers are too young to get rid of any young players. Flyers are not gonna win the cup this year, let B.Schenn/Couturier develop. Go get Hall Gill, or rental like that for cheap, screw the big trade unless Holmgren gets a great deal of course.

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like idea of trading JVR at all, but trading him for L.Schenn would be stupid. Schenn has little offensive upside, if JVR was to be traded it better be for a Dman that has offensive skills if Holmgren does it which I hope he doesn't.

If Holmgren would have traded Carter for Kaberle look at how stupid he would have looked.

Flyers just need to unlock JVR's potential which he has already showed as evident with his 7 goals in 11 playoff games last year, which he was flying and taking the dam puck to the net. He turns off and throws too many shit shots right at the crest of the goalie, if just takes it to the net he will be just fine. I'd like to see what JVR can do this playoffs to.

Replace Pronger in the offseason with Suter for free, the Flyers are too young to get rid of any young players. Flyers are not gonna win the cup this year, let B.Schenn/Couturier develop. Go get Hall Gill, or rental like that for cheap, screw the big trade unless Holmgren gets a great deal of course.

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!

why this? the flyers suck at playing defense. we need guys to play defense, not line up on defense and just keep playing offense.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why this? the flyers suck at playing defense. we need guys to play defense, not line up on defense and just keep playing offense.

i agree with awaz here, the problem is playing defense, not scoring goals

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fellas I'm not saying trade jVR for just an offensive Dman, I'm saying if he gets traded for a dman he better have both skills for it to be worth it. for instance Jack Johnson would be a better fit, than L.Schenn who is only defensive. Can't pay 1 demensional D man alot of money, thats actually the Red Wings motto to.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas I'm not saying trade jVR for just an offensive Dman, I'm saying if he gets traded for a dman he better have both skills for it to be worth it. for instance Jack Johnson would be a better fit, than L.Schenn who is only defensive. Can't pay 1 demensional D man alot of money, thats actually the Red Wings motto to.

schenn's cap hit is like 2.5k for the next 3 years.. something like that, so not paying (in terms of dollars anyway) that much

i see what you're saying though, wanting someone more well rounded if you're going to give up a big piece

just an fyi though, suter isn't well rounded either and signing him is going to cost 7 mil/yr

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
schenn's cap hit is like 2.5k for the next 3 years.. something like that, so not paying (in terms of dollars anyway) that much

i see what you're saying though, wanting someone more well rounded if you're going to give up a big piece

just an fyi though, suter isn't well rounded either and signing him is going to cost 7 mil/yr

I would never give Suter 7 mill, thats numbers reserved for players like lidsrtom, weber, chara......

What the Flyers need is a Pronger:frusty:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn is 3.6m a yr I think and both him and Suter make a good first pass and are physical defensive d-men. I don't want to trade JVR either as I think within the next year or 2 A healthy JVR will be a 40g guy and be the player we saw last year in the playoffs.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Flyers got Mesarjos for a 2nd round pick
Flyers traded Downie and Eminger for Carle

I just don't wanna see the Flyers trade JVR and he turns out to be good

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never give Suter 7 mill, thats numbers reserved for players like lidsrtom, weber, chara......

What the Flyers need is a Pronger:frusty:

not saying i would either, but i'd put money on him getting that this offseason.. unless its like a 12 year deal for 6/per.. my guess is 7 years, 50 mil

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not saying i would either, but i'd put money on him getting that this offseason.. unless its like a 12 year deal for 6/per.. my guess is 7 years, 50 mil

Oh he'll get that. Not that he is amazing, but he is a top dman on the market. He will be overpaid, unless he takes less to go to a contender who is close tot he cap.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I totally agree, free agency always has inflated contracts handed out. Last year was Leino and Upshall getting 4.5 mill.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suter is worth 6-7, 6 if he signs long term with a ntc, 7 if it's for 3 years or less.

Weber is worth 8, if he finds a situation where he knows he'll have a chance to win every year he may sign for 6-7 though.

I know this would be insanely difficult to pull off but I would really like to see the Flyers clear cap space this deadline. Move Briere & Carle(hell Bryz if you can & I know teams would be interested in him still) for assets(either young d-men or 1st/2nd round picks), then trade for serviceable guy who will be ufa's at season end(Allen, Gill, etc).

Then at the draft inquire about what it would take to get Weber if it's too much go after Suter full force during FA. That way we're not losing out on any of our young guys who have shown lots of potential and we're putting ourselves in a better position for the next few years. This would also clear the nessecary cap room for us to actually make a splash in FA, because our current situation does not lend to us being big players then.

I've said it before that I don't think we can win a cup this year, so I'd rather see us build for the future rather then overpay now for a slightly better chance now. If other GM's aren't willing to recognize fair market value for their assets then we need to not get suckered into the game of overpaying(ex. Luke Schenn is not worth JVR and a 1st,Ruutu or Gleason weren't worth 1st either).

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Suter is worth 6-7, 6 if he signs long term with a ntc, 7 if it's for 3 years or less.

Weber is worth 8, if he finds a situation where he knows he'll have a chance to win every year he may sign for 6-7 though.

I know this would be insanely difficult to pull off but I would really like to see the Flyers clear cap space this deadline. Move Briere & Carle(hell Bryz if you can & I know teams would be interested in him still) for assets(either young d-men or 1st/2nd round picks), then trade for serviceable guy who will be ufa's at season end(Allen, Gill, etc).

Then at the draft inquire about what it would take to get Weber if it's too much go after Suter full force during FA. That way we're not losing out on any of our young guys who have shown lots of potential and we're putting ourselves in a better position for the next few years. This would also clear the nessecary cap room for us to actually make a splash in FA, because our current situation does not lend to us being big players then.

I've said it before that I don't think we can win a cup this year, so I'd rather see us build for the future rather then overpay now for a slightly better chance now. If other GM's aren't willing to recognize fair market value for their assets then we need to not get suckered into the game of overpaying(ex. Luke Schenn is not worth JVR and a 1st,Ruutu or Gleason weren't worth 1st either).

I think now is the time to do this. I sincerely doubt we can win a cup this year. Lets clear the space in preparation of bringing in a big name.

Does anyone know if Briere gets traded, is his cap hit still going to be like 6.5 for the team he goes to? He only makes like2-3 million for the final few years of his contract. If that lowers the cap for other teams, maybe his value goes up...? wishful thinking

Briere is still a valuable asset to this team. I only want to move him if it is to clear that space for a Shea Weber type player.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think now is the time to do this. I sincerely doubt we can win a cup this year. Lets clear the space in preparation of bringing in a big name.

Does anyone know if Briere gets traded, is his cap hit still going to be like 6.5 for the team he goes to? He only makes like2-3 million for the final few years of his contract. If that lowers the cap for other teams, maybe his value goes up...? wishful thinking

Briere is still a valuable asset to this team. I only want to move him if it is to clear that space for a Shea Weber type player.

Cap hit is the same, would be good for a team like the blues tho who don't spend that much and could stay above the cap floor. Briere is worthless to us he's the 5th best center we have and a selfish turnover machine. I hate him for being that overpayed and playing like a little girl. He's been $ in the playoffs tho somehow so lots of teams would be interested. I don't see y he wouldn't waive it to goto a contender it's obvious he's worn out his welcome here.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers got Mesarjos for a 2nd round pick
Flyers traded Downie and Eminger for Carle

I just don't wanna see the Flyers trade JVR and he turns out to be good

JvR will end up being good -- but he will not be the 40/50 goal scoring superstar that our front office thinks he will. I'd say his production will max out around 60/70 pts/yr.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

---

Co-signed. 2nd. Ditto.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap hit is the same, would be good for a team like the blues tho who don't spend that much and could stay above the cap floor. Briere is worthless to us he's the 5th best center we have and a selfish turnover machine. I hate him for being that overpayed and playing like a little girl. He's been $ in the playoffs tho somehow so lots of teams would be interested. I don't see y he wouldn't waive it to goto a contender it's obvious he's worn out his welcome here.

What have you done for me lately? lol Everyone was hating Briere two years ago. Then last year everyone loved him again. Now this year he is hated again. Let's see what happens next year. Haha

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what Briere brings in the playoffs and I'd hate to lose that player, but I also think he is a selfish, lazy, one dimensional waste during the year.

So, in short, I wouldn't shed one tear if Danny went bye-byes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys saying JVR is going to be a 40-50 goal player is the funniest thing ive ever heard How could you possibly think that??? He has showed absolutley nothing at the collegiate level and the pro level. In order to score goals you have to beat a defensman wide once in a while or have more than one move or stand in front of the net once in a while. The guy is pure garbage he needs to go now for anything we can get for him.He doesnt check doesnt fight doesnt go in corners the biggest puss ever to wear a Flyer jersey.