• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading for Mahomes...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams, PPR with bonus points for long TDs. 4pts per passing TD. Start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex (R/W/T).

My team...

QB - Daniel Jones, Baker
RB - Cook, A. Jones, Singletary, Swift, Kerryon, Chase Edmonds
WR - OBJ, ARob, Woods, Boyd, Jeudy
TE - Hurst

His team...

QB - Lamar, Mahomes
RB - Ingram, Lat Murray, Shady, James White
WR - Will Fuller, Marvin Jones, Diontae, Cole Beasley, Cobb, AJ Green
TE - Andrews, Olsen

He says he accidentally drafted both Mahomes and Lamar. I offered him a package after the draft with ARob and the Detroit RBs and probably made it bigger than it needed to be. He declined with no counter or discussion. I revisited last night with some chatter and he offered Mahomes for Aaron Jones. I declined and said I would get back to him. I was thinking maybe a WR and a RB would get the job done. Maybe Boyd and Singletary? Or start there and be willing to go with any of my WRs and Singletary (or really any RB not named Dalvin or Jones. I could also throw in one of my QBs to push it over the edge if I needed to.

Also, if this falls through, Goff and Burrow are on the wire. Would you dump Baker and/or DJ for one or both of them? Goff seems to be picking it up, but he is pretty inconsistent from week to week. But, he would be a good matchup guy, so I am leaning towards picking him up at least. I think Burrow could pay off down the stretch. Baker seems to be geared towards game manager status almost, but DJ could be an awesome junk time QB. I feel like those 4 are pretty close in ROS value, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. As always, thanks in advance.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Mahommes owner in multiple leagues, all different styles, one with long TD bonuses, the only guys on your roster that I would entertain a deal involving Mahommes for, would be Cook or A Jones. No negotiations until one of those dudes were on the table, period.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many WR do u start if its 3 hard to trade boyd but if 2 id try it not sure hed go for it but he is weak at both rb/wr

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many WR do u start if its 3 hard to trade boyd but if 2 id try it not sure hed go for it but he is weak at both rb/wr
2 WRs and a R/W/T flex.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Mahommes owner in multiple leagues, all different styles, one with long TD bonuses, the only guys on your roster that I would entertain a deal involving Mahommes for, would be Cook or A Jones. No negotiations until one of those dudes were on the table, period.
Even if you have Lamar and not much in the RB/WR department?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, this is a redraft league. I may not have mentioned that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably would want one of your 2 top RB's. You would lose depth but you could try Woods & Boyd....I still think he would want a RB, looking at his situation.

You have the much better team. Pick up Goff AND Burrow if you need to. Baker seems to be more of a game manager.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams, PPR with bonus points for long TDs. 4pts per passing TD. Start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex (R/W/T).

My team...

QB - Daniel Jones, Baker
TE - Hurst

His team...

QB - Lamar, Mahomes
TE - Andrews, Olsen

He says he accidentally drafted both Mahomes and Lamar. I offered him a package after the draft with ARob and the Detroit RBs and probably made it bigger than it needed to be. He declined with no counter or discussion. I revisited last night with some chatter and he offered Mahomes for Aaron Jones. I declined and said I would get back to him. I was thinking maybe a WR and a RB would get the job done. Maybe Boyd and Singletary? Or start there and be willing to go with any of my WRs and Singletary (or really any RB not named Dalvin or Jones. I could also throw in one of my QBs to push it over the edge if I needed to.

Also, if this falls through, Goff and Burrow are on the wire. Would you dump Baker and/or DJ for one or both of them? Goff seems to be picking it up, but he is pretty inconsistent from week to week. But, he would be a good matchup guy, so I am leaning towards picking him up at least. I think Burrow could pay off down the stretch. Baker seems to be geared towards game manager status almost, but DJ could be an awesome junk time QB. I feel like those 4 are pretty close in ROS value, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. As always, thanks in advance.

I think Boyd and Singletary offer would make me not even negotiate.

In my league, the Mahomes owner turned down (with Watkins), my offer of Gurley, Cam and Odell.
He has Ekeler and Montgomery at RB, but he has nothing beyond Keenan Allen at WR.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My team...

QB - Daniel Jones, Baker
TE - Hurst

His team...

QB - Lamar, Mahomes
TE - Andrews, Olsen

And I would dump Baker and Jones for both Goff and Burrow. No hesitation.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were me. I'd have done the deal. .... however, I would not include Cook in any discussion. You can try and work something different but like Treff pointed out it's gonna be tough. You can try the Singletary/Body package and see if he'd kick in someone like Cobb or Beasley (since it's ppr). Actually Jeudy would be my first choice to get rid in a deal - but doubt that has a chance.
If it comes down to Jones or nothing, I'd see if a A. Jones/Jeudy/Baker package for Mahomes/White?(Beasley or Cobb) gets anywhere.
...... And by all means, I'd dump D. Jones for a box of crackers and Baker for 2 boxes so, yea, Goff and Burrows are upgrades on either.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after Lamar shit the bed last night. IDK that I'd be willing to trade either of your starting RBs @femurov , but don't think you'll get Mahomes otherwise. I've come around to the idea of a elite QB being a league winner need. Last year Lamar won leagues for folks, Mahomes did the same year before. This year Mahomes and/or RW will win leagues for folks. Wish I had come around to that idea before redraft leagues drafted.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after Lamar shit the bed last night. IDK that I'd be willing to trade either of your starting RBs @femurov , but don't think you'll get Mahomes otherwise. I've come around to the idea of a elite QB being a league winner need. Last year Lamar won leagues for folks, Mahomes did the same year before. This year Mahomes and/or RW will win leagues for folks. Wish I had come around to that idea before redraft leagues drafted.

It depends on the league scoring imo. You have a high scoring league that averages 120 or so...I don't think a stud QB wins it.

I am the 2nd highest scoring team.
I have Josh Allen, the #2 QB.
I am 1-2 in this damn league. 135, 145 and 143 first 3 weeks.

In this league it happens every year. I somehow lead this league in scoring and end up around .500...this shit pisses me the F off.

the office rage GIF

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the league scoring imo. You have a high scoring league that averages 120 or so...I don't think a stud QB wins it.
Who did the league champ have at QB last year in your leagues ? Check and then post them.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just go with streaming Burrow/Geoff. The most I would give up is maybe your RB3+WR3 for either of his QBs.