• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Value Brian Robinson

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Gibson isn’t Barry Sanders, but man, I don’t get how he’s been delegated to a side of fries.

1300 yards, 40 catches and 10 TD last year (half on a broken leg) seems like a pretty good back to me.

:noidea:

WAS coaches: <checks notes> that looks good, but I think we're gonna let Jonathan Williams tote the rock this week. He's a well seasoned vet that knows a ton of systems since he's bounced around the last 6 years, Gibson only knows our system!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get Gibson isn’t Barry Sanders, but man, I don’t get how he’s been delegated to a side of fries.

1300 yards, 40 catches and 10 TD last year (half on a broken leg) seems like a pretty good back to me.

to my eye, it comes down to he doesn't necessarily get the "hard yards', and certainly isn't the guy to turn and hand the ball to 5+ times in a row to ice a game. For a WR convert who never truly played RB in college, he's done better than expected, but there's room for better in WASH, and they need it

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to my eye, it comes down to he doesn't necessarily get the "hard yards', and certainly isn't the guy to turn and hand the ball to 5+ times in a row to ice a game. For a WR convert who never truly played RB in college, he's done better than expected, but there's room for better in WASH, and they need it

Only more to my point. A converted WR, but they need JDMK?

Nah. If your RB has 1300 yards, 40 catches and 10 TD, your attention should be elsewhere in the draft. Maybe then they could actually be in position to ice a game once in a while.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only more to my point. A converted WR, but they need JDMK?

Nah. If your RB has 1300 yards, 40 catches and 10 TD, your attention should be elsewhere in the draft. Maybe then they could actually be in position to ice a game once in a while.
meh..1300 from scrimmage isn't exactly killing it. It's good, nothing to scoff at, but isn't stellar. Especially when your YPC went down nearly a full yard from your rookie year. And with that stat currently sitting at 3.3, I'd say they were justified in the drafting of another RB, and signing McKissic.

I'd love to see a Robinson led backfield where Gibson takes on the McKissic role, plus a little, and JD buggers off completely.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I did draft him in 2 leagues and tried to get him in all..........that said, BRob seems like the guy they want so we shall see. BTW, with the current state of RB injuries, I think he is 3 times more valuable to me today that he was yesterday...............

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is 3 times more valuable to me today that he was yesterday...............

Excited Season 1 GIF by The Office

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Commanders designated RB Brian Robinson (leg) to return from injured reserve.​

The Commanders now have three weeks to activate Robinson before he reverts to season-ending injured reserve. This makes it possible that Robinson could return for Washington's Week 5 matchup against the Titans. However, if Robinson isn't ready for Sunday, he might not be ready for the following game either, because the Commanders play on Thursday night football in Week 6. As a result, it's possible we don't see Robinson until the Commanders take on the Packers in Week 7. Whenever he returns, Robinson is likely to have a meaningful role in the offense. Antonio Gibson's snap share has declined in every game this season; Gibson has now seen less than 50% snaps in each of the last two games. Robinson has a real chance to take over early down duties at some point this season if he can get back to his impressive training camp form.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't everything theoretical when we talk about a players value?? sure veterans values are always easier to quantify...

Point is, that with his story, with the hype that he will take over RB 1 duty, and being a total unknown(typical off season rookie syndrome for owners)... His VALUE right now is probably the highest it will ever be...

Remember that value is what others are willing to pay for him around your leagues... What he ends up doing is irrelevant...

like I said in an earlier post, Robinson is the exact type of player that we constantly see in the most lopsided deals... and he will be in many lopsided deals this week... Just wait...

I can guarantee you that he is going to be a media darling this week!!!! if you own him, this week is when to get rid of him!!!

I agree his value is probably highest right before he comes back.

After everyone gets to see what he is and what his role is, I am betting his value drops.

Also, being a 2 down back on the Commanders probably isn’t super valuable even if he does get the majority of the work available in that role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He fumbles and he makes a decent amount of mental errors.

Best way I can explain it?

Gibson just isn’t a winning player. The stats don’t necessarily reveal his true impact on the game once the mistakes get factored in.

Rivera just wants a solid RB he can trust and Gibson isn’t it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree his value is probably highest right before he comes back.

After everyone gets to see what he is and what his role is, I am betting his value drops

Also, being a 2 down back on the Commanders probably isn’t super valuable even if he does get the majority of the work available in that role.
Yep

Only way it doesn't if he just sets the league on fire...which I can't imagine will happen

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fumbles and he makes a decent amount of mental errors.

Best way I can explain it?

Gibson just isn’t a winning player. The stats don’t necessarily reveal his true impact on the game once the mistakes get factored in.

Rivera just wants a solid RB he can trust and Gibson isn’t it.

I get it. I just disagree. The RB in Washington isn’t the problem. He may not be great, but he’s probably something like number 19 on my list of 22 starters to evaluate and challenge.

I suppose, it’s not like they drafted Robinson high, I’m just saying, I don’t get the hate; dude played with a broken leg… but I appreciate that I don’t watch their games so nuance is involved.

It’s a short game anyway with backs. Bills keep stabbing away at it too. I love Singletary, but there’s no way we’re paying him next year.