• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade review: Stubbs vs. Choo

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits and walks this year:

Drew Stubbs 95 hits and walks (.301 OBP) 7 HR, 10-10 steals 94 K (94 games)
Shin-Soo Choo 172 hits and walks (11 HBP) (.427 OBP) 14 HR 11-19 steals 87 K (96 games)

I think we won this trade.

As well, the numbers would suggest we'd have been better off to trade Cozart and keep DiDi, but I don't think that's an assumption we can readily make after 1 season. Cozart's OBP is just AWFUL, but it never really was that good.

Didi Gregorius Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | dbacks.com: Team

Zack Cozart Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | reds.com: Team'

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had any doubt on that one to be honest....how much worse could it of possibly have gotten.....? =)

Keep Cozart 7th or 8th....he is serviceable there.....besides, he plays killer "D."

jasonhart2217

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter........Cards win the division walking away. Things returning to normal in the Central. Will be same Ol in the postseason with the Cards winning series and pushing for yet another title, while the Reds sit at home and watch.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter........Cards win the division walking away. Things returning to normal in the Central. Will be same Ol in the postseason with the Cards winning series and pushing for yet another title, while the Reds sit at home and watch.

You're a troll. Don't expect to spend a lot of time on this board.

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boohoo....jason"hart" doesn't have one. Take a hike "Tin-man".....we will be seeing your team soon enough. They have run out of steam.................

The only walking they will be doing is "moon-walking".....right back to the pack.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jasonhart ... the same troll who posted this on the CBS boards, right after he decided to call Cueto a "thug" in consistency with all other trolls:

What's up Reds fans. Former ESPN MB poster and with the closing of their boards on the 17th this board will have some newbies. To clarify I'm a Cardinals fan and look forward to discussion baseball with your fanbase.

So he doesn't want discussion, he wants to act like a troll. Not like we're stupid. We don't post on the Bird boards. Go there.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hits and walks this year:

Drew Stubbs 95 hits and walks (.301 OBP) 7 HR, 10-10 steals 94 K (94 games)
Shin-Soo Choo 172 hits and walks (11 HBP) (.427 OBP) 14 HR 11-19 steals 87 K (96 games)

I think we won this trade.

As well, the numbers would suggest we'd have been better off to trade Cozart and keep DiDi, but I don't think that's an assumption we can readily make after 1 season. Cozart's OBP is just AWFUL, but it never really was that good.

Didi Gregorius Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | dbacks.com: Team

Zack Cozart Stats, Video Highlights, Photos, Bio | reds.com: Team'

You guys definitely won that trade. As a Braves fan, I was glad when series was over and wont have to see Choo again as he seemed to be killing us every at bat. Was pretty impressed with how he did.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys definitely won that trade. As a Braves fan, I was glad when series was over and wont have to see Choo again as he seemed to be killing us every at bat. Was pretty impressed with how he did.

The problem is that Choo is a rental.
Even at that, Stubbs was a wedge.

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will lose Arroyo (love the guy) and retain Choo. Mark my words.........

It is what it is................

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronson will get a 1-year deal, I think. He already mostly admitted in the spring that he's after the FA market. Honestly, I don't know why ... but, whatever. He's a .500 pitcher.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy is a refugee from the now defunct ESPN boards, and was one of the worst trolls on the Reds' board over there. Alert to mods: watch this tool.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronson is a very serviceable pitcher and he will command major dollars in the FA market and he will get it. Why? He throws junk balls, off speed balls, different arm angle balls, and can do this while locating every pitch. This kind of pitcher can pitch into his 40's. Hate to lose Bronson because he is pitching extremely well for the Reds.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real bad trade was the guys the Reds passed over to draft Stubbs #1.

They didn't help themselves by never getting the message that a 2 tool player (run and catch) should have been tought a few small ball tools, instead of allowing him to strike out a third of his PA, and hit without power or walks his entire minor league career, then expecting him to perform in Dusty Bakers homer or else offensive philosophy.

Didi's hitting continues to decline, so comparisons arent fair yet...and Cozart's struggles have been accentuated by the ridiculous lineup and plate philosophy requirements of Baker. He's a glove first SS, that stole 30 bases a season in the minors. He's been allowed fewer than 5 steal attempts in 2 seasons, and not many more bunt attempts. He's an 8 hitter. Like Stubbs. Generally, I expect outfielders to hit more than shortstops. Dusty doesn't always. Choo is a rental, with the purpose of giving Dusty the "one more bat" he always seems to need.

"It is what it is".