• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Offer Countered

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara owner is hurting at RB with the Mostert injury.
For those keeping score at home, I already traded Rojo and David Johnson to get Golladay and Julio.

I offered Julio + McKinnon for Kamara

He confirmed he's desperate for RB2 help, and said if losing Kamara he'd need to get 2 average RBs back in return

My Team:
Rodgers/Herbert
DAdams/Julio/Golladay/Thielen/DJ Moore
Jacobs/James Rob/McKinnon/Lat Murray/Jamaal Williams
Jonnu/Ebron

His Team:
Kyler
Chark/Juju/MarvJJr/Landry/J Brown
Kamara/Burkhead/Mostert/Malcolm Brown
Kittle/Hockenson

thinking about offering him Julio/JRob/McKinnon in order to land Kamara/Hockenson, giving me 2 locked in starters at RB that have already had their bye weeks.

Hoop experts, give me your thoughts and opinions, all are appreciated.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to mention
12tm, half PPR, 2RB, 2WR, Flex

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be shopping for a different deal, but hard to find good deals when your in a pickle. So I think he'll be sending out offers, but if he comes up empty he might ...maybe..accept.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be shopping for a different deal, but hard to find good deals when your in a pickle. So I think he'll be sending out offers, but if he comes up empty he might ...maybe..accept.

just to confirm, you think I should go ahead and offer the Julio/JRob/McKinnon for Kamara/Hock?

as in, I'd be doing well to land the Kamara side there

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to confirm, you think I should go ahead and offer the Julio/JRob/McKinnon for Kamara/Hock?

as in, I'd be doing well to land the Kamara side there
Offer it because the worse that can happen is a rejection. Even if he rejects it maybe he'll counter. Think your offer really helps your roster a lot. Like a ton.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think in his position, Julio, JRob and McKinnon has to be looked at as, at the worst, a respectable offer.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concur - if that fails, consider Julio, Lat and Williams (those two are the definition of 'average') and Ebron for Kamara/Hockenson/?? (does it matter)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is too much to offer. If you are thinning out your RBs that much, DJ Moore should be plenty

If Jacobs goes down, you are starting both Kamara and Murray.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is too much to offer. If you are thinning out your RBs that much, DJ Moore should be plenty

If Jacobs goes down, you are starting both Kamara and Murray.
As it stands..if Jacobs goes down, hes starting JRob and either Murray or McKinnon, whose only an option as long as Mostert is out.

I'd rather have Kamara/Murray

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands..if Jacobs goes down, hes starting JRob and either Murray or McKinnon, whose only an option as long as Mostert is out.

I'd rather have Kamara/Murray
I just wouldn't put Julio in the offer. I think DJ Moore is enough. He can work his way up to Julio if he needs to.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the deal if its the only one he'll take. Julio has big booms but he also has dry spells. You already have plenty of good WRs so you giving up Julio's boom potential for consistently good Kamara is a slam dunk.

But...I will say I'm not sure you need Hockenson, provided Jonnu's injury isn't long term (doesn't seem like it). If you take him out, you can try to re-work the deal for just Kamara. And by doing that, you can try to keep Julio by saying it's too much to give up for just Kamara. So maybe offer those backs plus Moore and/or Theilen. If he doesn't like it, work your way back up to Julio by including Hock or someone else in too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you start high, you have nowhere to go with your counters.
If you start to low you don't get a counter, just saying.....

Edit: Not to say I don't send out low ball offers. LOL

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave him a taste of what the Julio/JRob/McK deal after we bounced a couple texts back and forth

he had 4-5 hrs to open the yahoo app and hit accept.....since he didn't, I pulled it.

will text him today and tell him to send an offer if there's interest

highly doubt he'd be getting a WR1, RB2, and temporary RB2 (and cuff for his frequently injured RB2) from any other team. Even after trading my RB depth for top tier WRs, feel like I still have enough juice to trade depth for a stud, and not many teams are in same situation.

He's on the outside looking in after I pulled out a snooze fest victory 89-78 last week. Always nice to still get a W when you score your lowest point total on the season to-date

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave him a taste of what the Julio/JRob/McK deal after we bounced a couple texts back and forth

he had 4-5 hrs to open the yahoo app and hit accept.....since he didn't, I pulled it.

will text him today and tell him to send an offer if there's interest

highly doubt he'd be getting a WR1, RB2, and temporary RB2 (and cuff for his frequently injured RB2) from any other team. Even after trading my RB depth for top tier WRs, feel like I still have enough juice to trade depth for a stud, and not many teams are in same situation.

He's on the outside looking in after I pulled out a snooze fest victory 89-78 last week. Always nice to still get a W when you score your lowest point total on the season to-date
That when the scheduling Gods have smiled upon you. .....