• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade for suter

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was reading some speculation and rumors and many are thinking if the flyers push to trade for suter they might be willing to use brayden schenn as a part of the trade because couturier has impressed so much.

the speculation is that it would be some sort of package of schenn, bourdon and our 1st rounder for suter.

how would you guys feel about that? while i feel schenn is going to eventually have an awesome career, i think couturier is going to be the more valuable player in the longrun..the poise he shows at 19 is unreal and he just keeps improving instead of slowing down as the season progresses..this kid is gonna be a stud 2 way forward who can score. won't mind losing schenn knowing we have cooter.

i think thats actually a pretty fair trade assuming we can sign suter on july 1st. our offense really remains in tact minus schenn (hes only contributed 2 goals and we are 2nd overall in scoring, so losing him doesnt concern me as for this year)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was reading some speculation and rumors and many are thinking if the flyers push to trade for suter they might be willing to use brayden schenn as a part of the trade because couturier has impressed so much.

the speculation is that it would be some sort of package of schenn, bourdon and our 1st rounder for suter.

how would you guys feel about that? while i feel schenn is going to eventually have an awesome career, i think couturier is going to be the more valuable player in the longrun..the poise he shows at 19 is unreal and he just keeps improving instead of slowing down as the season progresses..this kid is gonna be a stud 2 way forward who can score. won't mind losing schenn knowing we have cooter.

i think thats actually a pretty fair trade assuming we can sign suter on july 1st. our offense really remains in tact minus schenn (hes only contributed 2 goals and we are 2nd overall in scoring, so losing him doesnt concern me as for this year)

i really dont wanna give up schenn. and i really want to hang on to that 1st round pick in a super deep draft..

i might get fileted for this, but i dont really think the flyers should do a whole lot.. i love this team and given a year or two to gel, if we still have the same core group, its going to be unstoppable up front.. i dont want homer to butcher the future (which is going to be as soon as next year) with a trade for suter or weber.. i would consider trading a 2nd or 3rd.. and maybe bourdon, and maybe consider moving jvr, but even him i dont want to move any more..

i almost want to see the team ride it out this season and look to add one of a whole slew of d-men that will be UFA after this season (list to follow).. i realize you always want to be a cup favorite, but i think this team can compete for one if they have that chemistry, and i think next year they would be a favorite.. if a goalie (paging ilya) gets hot at the right time these team could be ultra dangerous come playoff time

UFA Dmen in 2012 (that i would add, by salary)
*Lidstrom (6.2, obviously not going to happen, but i would take him haha)
JM Liles (4.2)
D Wideman (3.9)
*Kubina (3.85)
*Spacek (3.8)
Beauchemin (3.8)
Jackman (3.6)
Suter (3.5)
**Carle (3.4)
Gleason (2.75)
Gill (2.25)

*these guys are old and may retire
**carle would be a resigning, obviously

if the flyers wanted to, they could rebuild their entire defensive group just by signing free agents.. obviously some of those guys will resign with their current teams, but some of that group will be available.. and one or two of them added in with timo (hoping he doesn't retire), coburn, mesz, and bourdon/gust/carle and the defense is going to be set next season

i would look in to adding one of the above for at most a 2nd and bourdon for this season, and then sign a FA in the offseason, and add a d-man in the draft (supposed to be a super deep draft)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying I hate the idea of blowing up our forward depth just to get a defensemen(unless his name is Weber). Homer need to find a bottom 4 guy and then he needs to find a cap floor team willing to take some of our bad contracts or just bury the guys in the minors. At this point I'd rather offer sheet Weber and give up the 4 1st rounders since Nashville prob can't afford to keep him or he'll we pursue Suter this summer when hes a UFA.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying I hate the idea of blowing up our forward depth just to get a defensemen(unless his name is Weber). Homer need to find a bottom 4 guy and then he needs to find a cap floor team willing to take some of our bad contracts or just bury the guys in the minors. At this point I'd rather offer sheet Weber and give up the 4 1st rounders since Nashville prob can't afford to keep him or he'll we pursue Suter this summer when hes a UFA.

As for a bottom 4 guy, from everything I read, Gleason will be moved in the near future. Probably wont take a whole lot to get him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woot, not that I'm the end all be all on these types of things, but I don't think you'd have to give up Bourdon as well as Schenn and a 1st. Probably just Schenn and a 1st since Suter is an UFA at seasons end. That said, in my humble opinion, if you're already giving up Schenn and a 1st, might as well just throw in Couturier and get Weber who is much better all around and an RFA that would give you guys something like 5 1st Rounders in compensation should another team offer sheet him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a bottom 4 guy, from everything I read, Gleason will be moved in the near future. Probably wont take a whole lot to get him.

someone said yesterday that a canes writer expects at least a 1st for him.. and there's no way in hell i'd do that

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot, not that I'm the end all be all on these types of things, but I don't think you'd have to give up Bourdon as well as Schenn and a 1st. Probably just Schenn and a 1st since Suter is an UFA at seasons end. That said, in my humble opinion, if you're already giving up Schenn and a 1st, might as well just throw in Couturier and get Weber who is much better all around and an RFA that would give you guys something like 5 1st Rounders in compensation should another team offer sheet him.

how dare you suggest we trade couturier, even if it was sarcastically.

how. dare. you.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Court is not going any where...lol kid is going to be A star...schenn doesn't show me any flashes I like sutter...I make that deal...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how dare you suggest we trade couturier, even if it was sarcastically.

how. dare. you.

Oh I just went there Awaz.....I went there indeed.

:heh:

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone said yesterday that a canes writer expects at least a 1st for him.. and there's no way in hell i'd do that

A 1st for Gleason. Get the fuck out!!!! (not you awaz):der::wacko::pound:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1st for Gleason. Get the fuck out!!!! (not you awaz):der::wacko::pound:

ya i know right.. there was some article floating around yesterday about the canes expecting to move rutuu and gleason and they're thinking a 1st round minimum for each of them

almost ridiculous enough to flat out stop talking to the canes if thats what they start at

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
•Bill Watters via twitter: If the Hurricanes are unable to sign Tim Gleason and Tuomu Ruutu to contract extensions, they could move them before the trade deadline. Watter’s thinks they could both bring back a minimum of a 1st round pick.

from a 4706 post

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
•Bill Watters via twitter: If the Hurricanes are unable to sign Tim Gleason and Tuomu Ruutu to contract extensions, they could move them before the trade deadline. Watter’s thinks they could both bring back a minimum of a 1st round pick.

from a 4706 post

Watter's is an idiot!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt do that. Id love suter, but at that cost lets keep a top prospect and with the first we can, you know, draft a fucking dman.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following should be 100% untouchable currently Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, our 1st round pick. I didn't include JVR or Read because I feel deals could present themselves where we could get equal value in return that could fill void on our current roster.

I don't see breaking the bank for Suter but I could see making a strong offer for Weber. I just believe that Weber is the real deal and that he makes Suter(who is a very good defensemen) look even better.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Gleason is a UFA next year. I would rather see Bourdon than more than a 3rd for him.:frog:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following should be 100% untouchable currently Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, our 1st round pick. I didn't include JVR or Read because I feel deals could present themselves where we could get equal value in return that could fill void on our current roster.

I don't see breaking the bank for Suter but I could see making a strong offer for Weber. I just believe that Weber is the real deal and that he makes Suter(who is a very good defensemen) look even better.

yep, i agree w/ this.. i'll take the first out of the untouchables list, but it should only be used to get a top flight d-man that's still young (i.e. weber).. the only reason to get rid of that 1st round pick is to get a top flight d-man or d-prospect, which is what they better draft in june if they still have that pick