• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade evalution

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team Dynasty Super Flex full PPR. I just made this trade.

Chubb for Edmonds, Deebo,and a first.

I'm 9-1 and top in points for. Trade calculator shows it as close.

1605557071196.png

A little pricey maybe ( without the package adjustment I'm giving up the most) but felt it was worth it. Chubb will join Kamara, Conner, Henderson, and Murray. We start 2 RBs 3 WRs, 2 Flex and a SF. With Drake back and getting the most touches Edmonds value drops a bit. I'm not sure what the future holds for Deebo and that first is going to be very late.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team Dynasty Super Flex full PPR. I just made this trade.

Chubb for Edmonds, Deebo,and a first.

I'm 9-1 and top in points for. Trade calculator shows it as close.

View attachment 258566

A little pricey maybe ( without the package adjustment I'm giving up the most) but felt it was worth it. Chubb will join Kamara, Conner, Henderson, and Murray. We start 2 RBs 3 WRs, 2 Flex and a SF. With Drake back and getting the most touches Edmonds value drops a bit. I'm not sure what the future holds for Deebo and that first is going to be very late.
Steal in my opinion to get Chubb for what I consider to be roster fillers/flex options at best, and a low end #1. I'd give that every day

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steal in my opinion to get Chubb for what I consider to be roster fillers/flex options at best, and a low end #1. I'd give that every day
The guy I traded with was snake bit with injuries. Chubb, Ekeler and Godwin injuries sunk him and he had traded away his first. He accepted the offer in less then 5 minutes ( my kind of horse trader, hate it when someone needs days to make a decision). I could use the boost as I have a team right on my butt ( that Falconfan guy again, different league though) who lost this weekend to go 8-2 and second in points ( was ahead of me in points until this week end).

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settings say no trade after week 10. I hope that means I could still do that trade.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settings say no trade after week 10. I hope that means I could still do that trade.
Interesting scenario, trade is agreed upon before week 10 is officially ended, but cannot take affect until after the deadline is set.

I'd certainly allow it in my leagues. Something to think about though for sure

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting scenario, trade is agreed upon before week 10 is officially ended, but cannot take affect until after the deadline is set.

Going to kick myself in the ass if it doesn't. I been eyeballing Chubb since he got hurt, should of made the offer sooner.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a side note Falconfan is the commish. Seems like a fair minded guy though. :hope:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deal for you. ..... I would think the trade will go through since it was accepted during week 10, although the effective date will be week 11.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anytime you can add a RB like Chubb for a late first, RBBC back, and a WR with potential.......

excited lets go GIF

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible trade by the other side... and that might push the league to enforce the no trade after week 10 rule... even if they would have allowed it...

Me, personally, I would not allow it... the only thing that bothers me more about bad rules is when people think they can outsmart the bad rule, or an unenforced(or just not used) bad rule... and find a loophole...

if you don't like a rule, then fix the rule for the future.... don't avoid it or not enforce it...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for me. I hit the ? On the trade deadline setting and it says trades have to be completed before the final game week 10. So the deal went through.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing that bothers me more about bad rules is when people think they can outsmart the bad rule
Milk I wasn't trying to get around the rules. Rules are rules for me. I wasn't thinking about the deadline when I made that offer. Some of my dynasty leagues allow for year around trading and I hadn't stop to look at this leagues deadline until after the offer was accepted. As for "terrible trade by the other side" I would agree the trade favors me. However not every one is enamored by Chubb. Some think Hunt is the RB to own on the Browns and that Chubb is one dimensional and TD dependent. People value players differently. That's why it doesn't hurt to throw a offer out like the one I did.
Oh and by the way rather then saying "terrible deal by the other side" say " great deal Harold" . :rolleyes:
Try to keep it positive. :nod:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk I wasn't trying to get around the rules. Rules are rules for me. I wasn't thinking about the deadline when I made that offer. Some of my dynasty leagues allow for year around trading and I hadn't stop to look at this leagues deadline until after the offer was accepted. As for "terrible trade by the other side" I would agree the trade favors me. However not every one is enamored by Chubb. Some think Hunt is the RB to own on the Browns and that Chubb is one dimensional and TD dependent. People value players differently. That's why it doesn't hurt to throw a offer out like the one I did.
Oh and by the way rather then saying "terrible deal by the other side" say " great deal Harold" . :rolleyes:
not sure it is a bad deal for the other side.
He gets 2 1st rounds next year & if there are some stud prospects at RB next year coming out of college. Could be very beneficial for him.
Sounds like this year was a waste for him thanks to injuries. I would never complain about having Chubb, but if he keeps splitting with Hunt next year & he lands a stud in that 1st round. He actually could have done better (granted plenty of risk) Where as you get what you want & both could benefit from this trade.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stated It as a terrible trade by the other, because it was so one-sided that the owner who made the good deal should not get credit for it... I just don't think taking advantage of bad ownership should ever get more focus than the bad ownership itself...

and I wasn't claiming you were trying to outsmart the rules... my point was more about if a rule is in place, it should be enforced no matter what... doesn't matter if you are aware of it or not...

But in a later post you said that the rule said that the trade had to be made BEFORE the last game of the week... so, you were not breaking any rules... the rule just sucks...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in a later post you said that the rule said that the trade had to be made BEFORE the last game of the week... so, you were not breaking any rules... the rule just sucks...
It's a pretty standard rule. Used in 4 out of 7 sleeper leagues I'm in. The other 3 league have no deadline, you can trade at any point all year long.
What sucks about the rule? You prefer the year long way?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty standard rule. Used in 4 out of 7 sleeper leagues I'm in. The other 3 league have no deadline, you can trade at any point all year long.
What sucks about the rule? You prefer the year long way?

I think the trade deadline is too early...

But to have it at the end of the period is weird compared to having it before a period starts... by having it at an end of a period it doesn't encourage an actual trade deadline trade rush... as there is no time to analyze what you may need directly after a game...

and generally owners are going to be too fixated on whether they are winning a week, than to give the effort needed into trade talks...

JMO, but a trade deadline should always be before the sunday games... whether that is Wednesday night(before the period starts) sunday morning...

Just allow for a trade deadline scramble...