• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peavy? Is that just to block other teams from getting him? We're near the bottom (or slowly fading) in almost all offensive categories. We need to upgrade the batting order. We could use either Rollins or Utley. Need to good lefty DH, as Smith is not the answer.

Isaiah4110

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My immediate thought on hearing the Jake Peavy rumor was that there may be a 'true' three team deal in the works. I can't see a need for Peavy in the rotation and the only guys who could possibly get bumped from the bullpen are Dan Otero and Jesse Chavez.

I can't see what we would gain by acquiring (and keeping) Peavy, unless Beane wants Straily to gain more seasoning and we only give up non-necessary minor leaguers (Grant Green, possibly Hiroyuki Nakajima at this point, Michael Taylor, etc.). Alternately, we could trade for him and flip him to another team, kind of like we did with Jeff Francouer a couple years ago.

The last thought to run through my mind is that we got word from somewhere that Colon is going to be suspended before the season is over and this is a preliminary move to fill that hole. I am still hoping that the Biogenesis papers simply reflect the PED use for which Colon was already suspended last year (meaning they can't suspend him again). As such, I doubt this third option is likely.