• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline: buyers, sellers, or stand pat?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe in this super accelerated season that we're just 9 days away from the trade deadline already. Wondering if Hahn & Co are mulling over which route to take. There are only three options.

1. Buyers - nice to even discuss this option after years of being sellers. Short of Lopez and later on Rodon returning to their previous competitive forms, we could certainly use a dependable starter. If the Rangers continue to fall from postseason contention and are willing to part with Lance Lynn for a reasonable price (I suspect they wouldn't), he would be the best option out there. He'd be a bit more than a rental considering he's signed thru '21. Of course that in turn makes it more expensive to acquire his services.

2. Sellers - perish the thought. A trade of similar values for both teams perhaps, but outright sellers? Nah.

3. Stand pat - my guess as to the most logical course of inaction the brass will take. Maybe a tweak here or there, but nothing substantial.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say stand pat. They certainly won't be sellers, and shouldn't be buyers in my opinion unless what they are buying is controllable and Hahn & company just can't pass the opportunity up. The latter being said, should this occur, untouchables in my opinion are Robert, Madrigal, Vaughn, Kopech, Cease, Moncada, Eloy, TA, Giolito (might be forgetting one or two but that list is pretty straight forward).

The team is a tad beaten up at this point, but don't trade off any young pieces during a 60 game shortened season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say stand pat.

The team is a tad beaten up at this point, but don't trade off any young pieces during a 60 game shortened season.
I don't see the Sox trading any youngins from the active roster, not even close. But we do have a few assets down on the farm. Let's face it, if the Sox were serious about trading for Lynn, and there's nothing out there to suggest they are, at least one or perhaps even two of those nuggets would have to be included.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Sox trading any youngins from the active roster, not even close. But we do have a few assets down on the farm. Let's face it, if the Sox were serious about trading for Lynn, and there's nothing out there to suggest they are, at least one or perhaps even two of those nuggets would have to be included.
Rutherford and a couple random dudes.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realizing the sox have had a penchant for picking up some over-the-hill vet for a promising rookie i would much rather they stand pat. next year PITCHING!

i'd be ok if they could pick up yastrzemski for cheap. maybe an even trade for 'no more' mazara?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
realizing the sox have had a penchant for picking up some over-the-hill vet for a promising rookie i would much rather they stand pat. next year PITCHING!

i'd be ok if they could pick up yastrzemski for cheap. maybe an even trade for 'no more' mazara?
lol No More Mazara

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind a small deal for a back end of the rotation stabilizer. I do not believe we will look for a band-aid in right field. If we abandon Mazara - it will probably be in favor of Leury when he is back.

Would be stunned if we did anything big, though. If we did, it would be for a player with multiple years of control. Still, that only requires giving up even more. So, nah.

Grab a pitcher and perhaps a RF'er this off-season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make a move it should only be one that looks at the next 2-3 years...which means they probably won’t make one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the stand pat crowd - with this team - both winning and getting well.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the stand pat crowd - with this team - both winning and getting well.

Agreed, no need to make deals this "season". It's all very weird and asterisky, use it as the first time the potential shows up team wide and get ready for a real season next year.