• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Trade Dead Line Talk

What do you think will happen at deadline?

• Gallo only for 2 mid grade prospects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gibson only for 2 mid grade prospects

• All 3 and getting 5 grade B prospects

• None of the above lol

• Other

• Total voters

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets traded and what do we get in return?
Each player could be packaged with bench players/other minor leaguers.
By grade A I mean a josh Jung, Sam Huff, Cole Winn type player
Grade B would be like Ronny Henriquez, Curtis Terry, Steele Walker type

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets traded and what do we get in return?
Each player could be packaged with bench players/other minor leaguers.
By grade A I mean a josh Jung, Sam Huff, Cole Winn type player
Grade B would be like Ronny Henriquez, Curtis Terry, Steele Walker type
latest thing i've heard is a Gibson to St Louis where they talked about the Rangers getting Zack Thompson LHP (#4), Julio Rodriquez C (#12) & Andre Pallante RHP (#20) back

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest thing i've heard is a Gibson to St Louis where they talked about the Rangers getting Zack Thompson LHP (#4), Julio Rodriquez C (#12) & Andre Pallante RHP (#20) back
Oh man.. those guys don’t look to good lol
Thompson is doing horrible, Rodriguez doesn’t look to good at the plate, and Pallante’s ERA in the mid 3.50a seems a little lucky with his high 1.5 WHIP and low Strikeout numbers.

I would rather trade Gibson and Kennedy for a legit grade A and a solid young player who is under the radar that our scouts like and maybe see something in rather.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson is doing horrible, Rodriguez doesn’t look to good at the plate, and Pallante’s ERA in the mid 3.50a seems a little lucky with his high 1.5 WHIP and low Strikeout numbers.

I would rather trade Gibson and Kennedy for a legit grade A and a solid young player who is under the radar that our scouts like and maybe see something in rather.
An athletic southpaw with four pitches, Thompson worked out of the bullpen in his debut, but that was more about managing innings after the college season. The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder has the potential to develop into a key piece of a future rotation. His fastball typically sits in the low 90s, though he’s able to tack on a bit more velocity when he needs it. He also throws a pair of breaking balls: an above-average curveball that flashes plus and generates good spin rates, and a mid-80s slider used to generate whiffs. An average changeup completes his repertoire.

Polished and intense on the mound, Thompson not only has an impressive arsenal, but knows how to use his pitches and is often around the strike zone. The lack of a 2020 season may have slowed the timeline a bit, but Thompson has the skills to move quickly through the system and become a mid-rotation starter.

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Signed in January 2016 as a 19-year-old, Rodriguez was initially expected to be an organizational roster-filler but has surpassed expectations thanks in large part to his offensive development. He hit .322 with seven homers over 40 games in the Dominican Summer League in his professional debut and has continued his upward trajectory in the Cardinals’ system, including midseason All-Star honors in the Florida State League in 2019. Rodriguez suffered a broken hamate bone after being hit by a pitch in winter ball, underwent surgery in February and may miss the beginning of the 2021 season, but it shouldn’t impact his overall timeline.

Rodriguez’s defensive skillset is what drew the Cardinals to him initially. The backstop has a strong, accurate arm and has thrown out 69% of attempted basestealers over the first four years of his professional career. Offensively, Rodriguez has an overly aggressive approach, but flashes some power -- he hit a combined 16 homers in 2017 and ’18 -- and has made noticeable strides since signing.

There’s certainly value to having a defensive-minded catcher like Rodriguez in a system keen on developing pitching prospects. If he continues to improve his overall game and reaches the Majors, it’s likely he’ll do so in a reserve role.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The right-hander pitched to a 1.60 ERA over 15 starts and struck out 115 batters over 101 1/3 innings and was named a unanimous All-American and a finalist for the National College Baseball Hall of Fame National Pitcher of the Year Award. He encored with a strong 2019 and signed with the Cardinals for slot value ($455,600) after being selected in the fourth round.

While he has shown an ability to touch the upper 90s, Pallante typically sits in the low- to mid-90s with a fastball that features some cutting action. He also throws a slider and a high-spin-rate curveball, though the latter shows good depth and may be slightly better than the former. He also throws a potentially average changeup. He’s often around the zone throwing plenty of strikes and has made strides with his command as well.

The Cardinals are going to give Pallante the chance to start, and he did so successfully in his professional debut in the New York-Penn League, though his future home may be in the bullpen. An even 6-feet tall, Pallante’s frame is a tad on the small side for a starter. He has a bit of an unusual delivery, though he repeats it well and hides the ball well with his long arm action. If Pallante is moved to the bullpen, there’s also a belief his fastball would play up a bit in short bursts.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not going to freak out yet, but I don’t like seeing that the pirates ( a team similar to us) have already made several moves.

this is the trade deadline so far :

pirates wheeling and dealing. pirates getting prospects they need to fuel their rebuild.

ranger fans hoping to see our team doing what other teams are doing.

ranger front office either working on extension for Gallo? or trying to send Gibson to St. Louis?

i‘ve been optimistic about our ability to trade guys the last few years and came away disappointed. I think Gallo and Gibson are valuable assets who can help teams win and we should get good quality prospects for them. lets fucking go front office.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not going to freak out yet, but I don’t like seeing that the pirates ( a team similar to us) have already made several moves.

pirates wheeling and dealing. pirates getting prospects they need to fuel their rebuild.

ranger front office either working on extension for Gallo? or trying to send Gibson to St. Louis?

i‘ve been optimistic about our ability to trade guys the last few years and came away disappointed. I think Gallo and Gibson are valuable assets who can help teams win and we should get good quality prospects for them. lets fucking go front office.
I agree
And I’m hoping we get some really nice prospects back that are in line with Huff, Jung, Winn, Foscue..

ideally an outfielder and a SP.

I’m also hoping we can get a guy like Trevor Story and Noah Syndergaard. Both DFW natives and both having a down 2021 so maybe come a little cheaper

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no faith in the Rangers front office.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pirates ain't rebuilding. You think we have shitty ownership? Rangers have nothing on the Buccos.