• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Courtland Sutton. Trade him

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, despite the hyperbolic thread title I’m not that adamant about trading Sutton. On the other hand, if the right deal jumped on the table I could be persuaded.
The biggest issue seems to be the value of the next contract (~$20M per). It’s hard to sign all your stars to second contracts. We have good depth at WR and could draft and develop more.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sutton, he has all the tools to be special. But I agree

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion there are two guys on this Bronco's team I would not trade - Courtland Sutton and Garrett Boles -both would be impossible to replace at this stage in their careers.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion there are two guys on this Bronco's team I would not trade - Courtland Sutton and Garrett Boles -both would be impossible to replace at this stage in their careers.
«Impossible to replace« seems like at least a mild overstatement.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
«Impossible to replace« seems like at least a mild overstatement.
The point is "at this stage in their careers." Courtland Sutton is a top 5 talent WR in the league when injured and Bolles has finally grown into the LT role (how long did it take to find a LT?). I stand by "nearly" impossible to replace. ;)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until last year, Bolles was a cut candidate. I agree, that his play last year was phenomenal, hopefully it wasn’t a phenomenon after he got paid. I’m a little more torn on Sutton. He is one of my favorite current Broncos. WR is a tough position to make that kind of investment in today’s market. CEH broke it down fairly well, QB, LT, and Edge. Those are the cornerstones to franchises. I would argue that MLB is the QB of the defense. We see the impact of a guy like D White in Tampa has

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. If we have to trade him to get Watson so be it but with the others on rookie deals we can have a pro bowl WR making good money.

If all depends on the QB.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would hurt me spiritually to lose Sutton, I’m not going to lie.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. If we have to trade him to get Watson so be it but with the others on rookie deals we can have a pro bowl WR making good money.

If all depends on the QB.
It would suck, and that trade would have to be contingent on Sutton being valued as a1st round commodity

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, it would take the right deal, but we are STACKED with young talent on offense. We added three draft prospects into the WR room last year alone. Two of them to 50 picks. Letting someone else write the second contract checks to CS may be a healthy thing for the team. ..... especially if you trade the farm and add a team resource hog like Watson. Only so much ginger to go around.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely some tough decisions coming on the offensive side of the ball. Sutton, Fant, Lock, and Risner are all reaching the end of their rookie deals. When do start negotiations? Who do you prioritize? It will help if we can get younger on the defensive side of the ball to balance out the money.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely some tough decisions coming on the offensive side of the ball. Sutton, Fant, Lock, and Risner are all reaching the end of their rookie deals. When do start negotiations? Who do you prioritize? It will help if we can get younger on the defensive side of the ball to balance out the money.
I think the Broncos only have to get to the season after this. From what I hear the TV money deal is about to double - which means the salary cap goes up that much more.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmmm........

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos only have to get to the season after this. From what I hear the TV money deal is about to double - which means the salary cap goes up that much more.
That does help some, but player salary requests go up as much if not more.

We have several good/potentially great players, that we drafted, to make decisions on:
Justin Simmons
Von Miller
Bradley Chubb
Cartland Sutton
Noah Fant
Dalton Risner
DreMont Jones

I am sure I missed a player or two.

Sadly we will not be able to keep all, in fact 50% might be a good percentage.

To me some are harder to replace then others:
Sutton - he demands extra attention and can beat the double team. His presence on the field makes others better.

Noah Fant - Is developing into a difference maker and could be one of the elite TEs.

Bradely Chubb - I believe he is only scratching the surface of his ability, and he is a guy teams game plan for already.

Justin Simmons - He is a very good to elite Safety and his leadership in the secondary will be invaluable as the secondary gets rebuilt. He is what teams hope for from their leaders. It is also important to keep him so the locker room knows they will be taken care of if they do things the right way.

Those are the guys I would prioritize to keep. Don’t get me wrong I really like many others on the list above but want to remain realistic.

If we get a new owner and the team is more flush with cash it would help a lot and allow us to potentially keep more of our draft picks.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly never paid attention to paton & Minny but, other then drafting 5 1st RD CB's and adding draft assets. How aggressive were they in offseason most years?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't any player that I wouldn't trade except Bolles - assuming he continues to play well. If he's average or sucks next year, trade his ass too.

Thinking about it, I'd trade everyone but Paton at this point. Trade every last one of them. Dont care.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy I’m replacing Sutton with. We need a receiver named Racey McMath.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Sutton, Patrick, JJ, Hamler and Fant all on the field together at least in the 2021 season. Then it'll be decision time on some of them. I think this would be a loaded offense assuming an actual offseason for Lock and the OC to work together. But for one season this could really be a good unit.

We've also got some pieces on the O-line in Bolles and Risner. This team could be close. I don't want to start trading off these pieces before they've even had a chance to grow into the top-tier offense they can be.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely DO NOT trade Sutton.

I will say that trading any player to just replace them with a rookie draft pick is insanity.

But I'd still trade most of the players for the right price, simply because sentiment is a great recipe for disaster.