• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough Loss, But...

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long season and over the course of 162 games there are going to be games (losses) that just gnaw at you and the loss to Tampa Bay last night was one of those. I'd rather be blown out than lose one in which you can taste victory, especially when it's to an AL team at home. So, rather than let it gnaw away at me until the game starts today I look to George Will who is such a great baseball fan but always able to cope with the game. So one of things he says goes something like this...it's a long season and even the best teams are going to lose about 65 games so you can't go around with your teeth clenched...so I'll let last night's loss go.

Some of my favourite George Will quotes:

"All I remember about my wedding day in 1967 is that the Cubs lost a double-header."

"Baseball is Heaven's gift to mortals."

"Correct thinkers think that 'baseball trivia' is an oxymoron: nothing about baseball is trivial."

"Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal."

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya not many teams get Moore against the ropes. Too bad they could provide the knockout punch when they the chances.

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tulo had been in the lineup we likely would have had him. Got to keep Tulo healthy. Arenado really needs to be hitting 8th for the moment until he starts hitting-he will start hitting eventually but his history says he takes a time to adjust first and in the meantime Josh Rutledge would be slightly more productive (he is slowly pulling his average back up gone from .211 to .243 in the last few days and has struck out less than every other person that qualifies by pa except Tulo).

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonight I think I will just enjoy Arenado's productivity while he gets adjusted to major league pitching. A grand slam in his first week is pretty special.

It is really necessary to keep Tulo healthy but the type of injuries he gets wouldn't even be helped by encasing him in bubble wrap. The question is how to keep Tulo healthy.

67RS- those quotes by George Will are priceless.