• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Touchdown celebrations

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somersaulting or flipping into the end zone for celebration has always bothered me. I’ve seen Hamler and others do it. Slamming their heels against the turf. With all the Achilles and ankle injuries in the NFL these days, it just seems like it’s not worth the risk.
Frankly, I am surprised it’s taking this long to develop this headline. But here it is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos should make all TD celebrations a Mile High Salute and that way the only possible injury would be an eyebrow laceration, or bruising.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self inflicted. Act like you’ve been there before ….. and intend on returning soon. You’re not helping your team, Lamar.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The choreographed group celebrations were just stupid and annoying, showboat antics.

And players need to consider injury, possibly losing salary guarantees when they get hurt doing a dumb celebration.

Many years ago, I remember some backup linebacker doing a not very acrobatic dance after sacking a Patriots backup quarterback in a pre-season game. They had to cart the linebacker off the field, and as I recall he was cut and never played again.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The choreographed group celebrations were just stupid and annoying, showboat antics.

And players need to consider injury, possibly losing salary guarantees when they get hurt doing a dumb celebration.

Many years ago, I remember some backup linebacker doing a not very acrobatic dance after sacking a Patriots backup quarterback in a pre-season game. They had to cart the linebacker off the field, and as I recall he was cut and never played again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette (now on the vikings) caught a long TD pass last year where he ran the majority of it... In the snow did a complete flip into the EZ feet gave out in the slipper snow from underneath him.. Great play but cost him the rest of the game and I want to say another week too.

I am with Pump.. It isn't worth the risk. It isn't necessary.

I also hate the group celebrations on D after a turnover. We don't need to watch 8-12 people run to the other end of the film to get on camera everytime they recover a fumble. Celebrate on the sidelines. I don't mind touchdown dances, etc, but the flips, turns, run down to the opposite side of the field stuff has run it's course. I also don't need to see potato sack races etc... Do some stupid Kelley Washington like dance and get to the sideline. Hamler and Jeudy are our dancers... Problem is we haven't seen much opportunity for them due to injuries and a rough year last year.