• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally Off Topic

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not kidding, a hawk just slammed into one of my windows chasing a dove through my backyard. My cat just woke up with this WTF look on her face.

Good times. Carry on.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny, that hawk wouldn't get drafted until the 5th round because of slow lateral movement and agility I'm sure...my old elementary school had these berries that are poisonous to humans but act as if it were alcohol to birds so we would routinely have bluebirds run headfirst into our school's windows.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ha! Dude, one of my best friends has a similar story. He and his family were just hanging out in the living room. The family cat was sitting by a sliding glass door. A hawk came flying down out of nowhere (presumably with eyes on the cat), slams full speed into the glass door, and bounced off... dead. He said it scared the crap out of the cat, but we laughed our asses off when he told it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My uncle when in Yellowstone woke up with a moose in his face at his cabin he stayed at. They wanted him to pay for the door that the moose broke to get in, saying the food attracted him. But since it was reasonable to have food at a hotel (which is what a cabin essentially is) and that it was foreseeable that there would be food in the cabin, my uncle didn't pay for it. I assume they have insurance.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was awesome. And the bird just kept on going.

The hawk that hit my window wasn't big (probably a Cooper's Hawk; couldn't tell exact specie), but it was big enough. Made a hell of a racket. We have an infestation of turtle doves in our neighborhood, and a decent population of raptors preying on them. The doves are constantly flying into our windows (curtains drawn or open, it doesn't matter) and regularly dying.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My uncle when in Yellowstone woke up with a moose in his face at his cabin he stayed at. They wanted him to pay for the door that the moose broke to get in, saying the food attracted him. But since it was reasonable to have food at a hotel (which is what a cabin essentially is) and that it was foreseeable that there would be food in the cabin, my uncle didn't pay for it. I assume they have insurance.

That's some crazy shit.

"I'm sleeping. I'm sleeping. I'm sleeping. There's a moose in my face."

Not sure how I'd react to that one.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
During gun season for deer this year, the guy that picks us up drives a van. As I walk up to it, i see the window is busted out on the side doors. I opened up the door, and found blood, feathers, and glass everywhere. A red tailed hawk flew right through the van window as he was driving.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That was awesome. And the bird just kept on going.

The hawk that hit my window wasn't big (probably a Cooper's Hawk; couldn't tell exact specie), but it was big enough. Made a hell of a racket. We have an infestation of turtle doves in our neighborhood, and a decent population of raptors preying on them. The doves are constantly flying into our windows (curtains drawn or open, it doesn't matter) and regularly dying.

clean out the breast, wrap them in bacon and grill those suckers up! :2cents:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really see it, but start at 0:30, the caught mouse is released only to get eaten by a bird. It reminds me of when Lisa and Nelson remove soda can plastic rings off fish, throw it into the ocean only to be swallowed by a whale/shark/dolphin. I can't find it, but found the other one.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really see it, but start at 0:30, the caught mouse is released only to get eaten by a bird. It reminds me of when Lisa and Nelson remove soda can plastic rings off fish, throw it into the ocean only to be swallowed by a whale/shark/dolphin. I can't find it, but found the other one.

"Sharks? PLEASE. Every year they kill a couple people who do a series of stupid things."

Might be the best line I've ever heard regarding human/shark interaction. Awesome.