• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toronto Blue Jays Ongoing Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got something to post but now worth a new thread? Post it here! :suds:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, typical Blue Jays...only win games when they score a bunch of runs but fail miserably to win the closer low scoring games...guaranteed loss tonight and perhaps lay another big egg in the series finale.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly can be frustrating. Put up 13 runs one night, and just about get no-hit the next. The hitting is generally reliable though. Their pitching will decide how they finish.

So far, Dickey and Buerhle have been good. Hutch looks like he's going to be wildly inconsistent again. I love Norris, but not sure he hasn't been rushed up a bit. Sanchez has not been good...I liked him as a reliever last year.

Let's sweep the O's and get back to owning them like we used to!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I haven't heard anybody discuss is why Bautista was thrown at. Anybody know, or even care?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Brett Cecil to the minors. He's complete garbage.

Happy birthday Van Man...sorry these clowns couldn't hold a lead for you.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Toronto going to fire John Gibbons?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AA should have been fired years ago. Gibbons needs to go soon.

Why did they send Van Man to the minors? He was arguably the best pitcher (albeit in the worst rotation in baseball). Drew Hutchinson has a 7.47 ERA, but he's still here. Seems unfair. Looks like the Jays are back to just plugging whoever into backend rotation spots and hoping for the best.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how many Jays fans were dumb enough to think this team had playoff potential just because they strung some early season wins together. The proficiency of their offense masked the MASSIVE deficiency of their pitching staff

And the fact that no team in their division pulled away gave Jays fans more false hope. However, REALITY is starting to sink in.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game today! Fans got their money's worth for this one. Stadium looked sold out and the crowd was amped up. Things got a little nasty, but Jays get 3 of 4 from KC (should have been a sweep).

Dickey has looked like a Cy Young caliber pitcher his past three or four starts. I thought we needed one more SP upgrade, but if this is what he's going to give us going forward, the "new" Dickey is exactly the upgrade we needed.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how many Jays fans were dumb enough to think this team had playoff potential just because they strung some early season wins together. The proficiency of their offense masked the MASSIVE deficiency of their pitching staff

And the fact that no team in their division pulled away gave Jays fans more false hope. However, REALITY is starting to sink in.

You were saying?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend Blitzville a bit here. I assume his comment was made under the (now false) assumption that AA would do absolutely nothing at the deadline to improve the team, an assumption grounded in STRONG precedent. But AA shocked us all and pulled off a coup.

Adding Price, Hawkins and Lowe completely reshapes the pitching staff. All three are massive upgrades. Hawkins has been nails. Price is Price, you know you will get excellence with him. Lowe is the one guy that has not performed, but give him time. And there's the Tulo and Revere additions.

But if he still has the same sentiment after these moves, well, I can't defend that!

*It's interesting to note that both Norris and Boyd pitched gems for the Tigers their first time out! Should have traded Hutchinson!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend Blitzville a bit here. I assume his comment was made under the (now false) assumption that AA would do absolutely nothing at the deadline to improve the team, an assumption grounded in STRONG precedent. But AA shocked us all and pulled off a coup.

Adding Price, Hawkins and Lowe completely reshapes the pitching staff. All three are massive upgrades. Hawkins has been nails. Price is Price, you know you will get excellence with him. Lowe is the one guy that has not performed, but give him time. And there's the Tulo and Revere additions.

But if he still has the same sentiment after these moves, well, I can't defend that!

*It's interesting to note that both Norris and Boyd pitched gems for the Tigers their first time out! Should have traded Hutchinson!

I get it, but you can't trash AA that much. He has drafted well. He has made more good trades/additions than bad ones. Last year they didn't have the resources to make a significant deal. They didn't have big pieces like Russ Martin, or Donaldson to surround an impact player. Now they're ready, (and since he drafted well), they had pieces to deal. Norris, Boyd, Hoffman. Last year they eould have had tomove Stroman or Sanchez, with lesser pieces for a corps.

You can't make something out of nothing. And by having good prospects to deal means you're doing your job when you're not trading.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Jays finally get to see if they can match up against the Yankees and cut the 4.5 game lead this weekend. They took care of business at home against the Royals and Twins, lets see if they can figure out there road woes now.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they were up for that challenge.

Gotta love marching into NY and sending their annoying fans home with a series sweep. Not exactly getting your home team ban for your buck: 28 innings, 1 run.

Since the deadline the Jays don't just look like they have the best offense in the MLB...but one of the best pitching.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is...although they didn't exactly open the series with a bang.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to KC!

Remember the first series after the trade deadline? This could be a nasty series.

Love how cocky Bautista is sometimes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they are just getting rid of Saunders (total joke), then I'm all for this trade. If they are giving away more prospects in what is becoming an increasingly empty farm...very against it. Bruce has not been good the past two years. Isn't Justin Smoak enough for .220 hitters with power?