• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torii Hunter

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers fan here. During the game last night you Angels fans gave Hunter a huge hand the first time he came to the plate. I was impressed. Then late, when the game was out of hand, the round of applause went to basicly a standing ovation. He doubled, and eventually scored, breaking up a shutout. And you guys still cheered the man. So I'm wondering, is this the treatment you always give departed players? Or was TH just that popular of a player? Looking forward to the rest of this series btw. It's my prediction for the ALCS as well.

Angelsfan67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii was that popular out here. Most fans wanted him back.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers fan here. During the game last night you Angels fans gave Hunter a huge hand the first time he came to the plate. I was impressed. Then late, when the game was out of hand, the round of applause went to basicly a standing ovation. He doubled, and eventually scored, breaking up a shutout. And you guys still cheered the man. So I'm wondering, is this the treatment you always give departed players? Or was TH just that popular of a player? Looking forward to the rest of this series btw. It's my prediction for the ALCS as well.

Angel fans as a whole would rather have Hunter and Greinke rather than Hamilton.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anaheim Angels fans are typically from pretentious little neighborhoods and beaches in the OC and know nothing of the code of baseball. They have zero loyalty, are uber fickle and most would give you a puzzled expression if you asked what they thought about Rod Carew because they've never heard of the guy.

Angels fans are largely an embarrassment to the game and I have many buddies among them. They're a joke.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it had to do with Torii wanting to stay with the team but the team not resigning him. It isn't like he left and then talked shit about the town :)

Angelsfan67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be a rare Angels fan. I don't live in a pretentious little neighborhood or even in OC. I know a little about baseball and even who Carew was. I am even loyal having been a fan since 1967. I do prefer the name you call them, Anaheim Angels.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Angel fans as a whole would rather have Hunter and Greinke rather than Hamilton.

Is that a bad thing though? And as a follow up, will Greinke get that sort of reception when he eventually gets a start at the Big A? As a kid, I was at Tiger Stadium the first time Jack Morris ever faced Detroit.(with the Twins) It was a mixed bag of emotions in the crowd for sure. (First time I can remember being patted down before entering a sporting event) But his name wasn't getting chanted from the bleachers, that's for sure.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a bad thing though? And as a follow up, will Greinke get that sort of reception when he eventually gets a start at the Big A? As a kid, I was at Tiger Stadium the first time Jack Morris ever faced Detroit.(with the Twins) It was a mixed bag of emotions in the crowd for sure. (First time I can remember being patted down before entering a sporting event) But his name wasn't getting chanted from the bleachers, that's for sure.

Greinke wasn't with the Angels long enough to be a crowd favorite. I doubt he will receive much of anything from the fans except maybe a few boos, kind of like what happened to Mark Texiera,

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anaheim Angels fans are typically from pretentious little neighborhoods and beaches in the OC and know nothing of the code of baseball. They have zero loyalty, are uber fickle and most would give you a puzzled expression if you asked what they thought about Rod Carew because they've never heard of the guy.

Angels fans are largely an embarrassment to the game and I have many buddies among them. They're a joke.

I guess being a fan of a perennial 5th place team does cause a person to become bitter.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be a rare Angels fan. I don't live in a pretentious little neighborhood or even in OC. I know a little about baseball and even who Carew was. I am even loyal having been a fan since 1967. I do prefer the name you call them, Anaheim Angels.

I wish there were more California Angels fans like yourself. You have to admit that Angels fans tend to mirror the pretentious lifestyle most of them lead. I've been to Angels stadium and seen all the thousands and thousands of cookie-cutter jacked-up pickup trucks with the Monster logos on the back window and all the motocross pricks getting out with their Red Bull hats turned sideways.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there were more California Angels fans like yourself. You have to admit that Angels fans tend to mirror the pretentious lifestyle most of them lead. I've been to Angels stadium and seen all the thousands and thousands of cookie-cutter jacked-up pickup trucks with the Monster logos on the back window and all the motocross pricks getting out with their Red Bull hats turned sideways.

haha, weren't you the one that posted about that guy taking up two parking spots? :laugh3:

Halos02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is some extreme generalizing there Mr. Admin. Holy fuck.

Halos02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what kids in their 20s dress like nowadays...not an OC or Angels thing...it's a SoCal thing. I would also guess there are waaay more "bros" per capita where you live (Temecula, right?) than in Orange County...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tori was not only a fan favorite but very well liked and respected in the clubhouse. The Angels lost a big time leader when they let him go. He deserved all the love he received from the fans.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really enjoying having Hunter on the Tigers. Always was a player I liked when he was with the Twins and with you guys. But seeing him everyday is completely different. He's energized the lineup. Excellent hitter, but it seems more like his attitude has been contagious than anything else. A lot more guys look back to the dugout than they used to. a lot more smiles and excitement between teammates. He moved a runner up with a bunt tonight, wound up being the go ahead run. It's not taking me that long to understand how fans stay loyal to him after he's changed jerseys.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post Bronco. Torii seems like one of those teammates players like to be around. He's an upbeat, positive guy, and a good mentor for younger players.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post Bronco. Torii seems like one of those teammates players like to be around. He's an upbeat, positive guy, and a good mentor for younger players.

Agree...players and fans miss him.:suds:

Torii's spirit
Torii Hunter, who vacated right field for Hamilton, left a little bit of his heart in Anaheim.
The Angels will host more than 1,300 at-risk youth from 34 Orange County schools for Monday's game against the Astros.
The Angels have donated the game tickets. Hunter, who signed as a free agent with the Detroit Tigers, has made a donation to provide meals for the students.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is such an asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even ask him about it though? You already know where he stands on the subject, so why stir some old shit up?

Because that's what sports writers do? :noidea: